The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

No exam results for me, but I passed my driving test! :biggrin: Congratulations and commiserations to everyone finding out whether they got in today.
@SteamboatMickey I know I've PM-ed you earlier this morning, but just to say in public here how pleased I am for you. You worked bloody hard, and have been justly rewarded for it. Well done :smile:
Way too far off to get in. You lot have fun :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Obiejess

Posted from TSR Mobile

:hugs: oh no Jess :frown:

York is great though :smile: sure you'll have fun there. :yep:

Original post by rayofsunshine98
I've missed my offer.. Going to nottngham

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown: :hugs: congrats on Nottingham though! great university :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4304
Original post by Forecast
No exam results for me, but I passed my driving test! :biggrin: Congratulations and commiserations to everyone finding out whether they got in today.

2016er here as well, also going to be taking my practical test in a few weeks' time. Congrats :biggrin:
I'm in wtf :O how on earth did I manage to excede my offer?!?
Offer exceeded. Very happy about that.
Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions
You've done fantastically well and you and your Mum should be super proud. I'm looking forward to teaching you next term! :smile:

Well done to everyone who has made their offer and commiserations to those who haven't- it's not much compensation I know but this is a very bitter-sweet day for us as Admissions Tutors, really happy about those who've made it but tinged with sadness about those who haven't. You've all done really well to get offers in the first place (more than I ever managed back in the day) and will be successful wherever you go now.

For those still waiting, hang on in there, there will be a fair amount of activity in the Summer Pool (not masses but a bit more than normal I expect) so things aren't finished yet. If you want to be released to your insurance let your college know and we'll do it asap.

Out of interest ( and I know it's early days), have you noticed more variation in this year's results due to the Linear A levels? I can't help feeling sorry for this year's students TBH. Thanks
Reply 4308

Posted from TSR Mobile

:frown:

Original post by alexjanowska

W00t!
Original post by an_atheist

W00t!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in! A*A*A
Original post by alexjanowska

Somethings are just meant to be :tongue: well done :smile:
Original post by an_atheist

Congratulations man :smile: so happy for youuu

Original post by Steliata
I'm in! A*A*A

:hugs: so happy for you :smile: Congratulations :woo:
Original post by byday
Do the re-mark. My daughter got 3xA* and 2A in 2013 and we got one of the As remarked cos it was only one of the A2 units that was below 90. She got the A* on the remark and the satisfaction remains to this day. It's best to be rewarded adequately for your effort and not accept a lower grade if you believe you were better.

Perhaps you quoted me wrongly....?
I'm not the poster who was wondering about re-mark nor am even a student! :wink:

But anyway.....
I think it's sometimes very important to learn to let go and move on, especially if it doesn't make any difference in the effect other than your pride.
I'm sure you know as another adult in the real life you encounter a lot of occasions where things are/were done in a way you didn't like it but you only have to let go. You should of course make an effort or even fight to get things corrected if the outcome would be different or more just, but if it's not it can be better if you just let go and stop dwelling on it. Personally remarking A-level in a such situation like OP's is a good example of that, and it seems he now thinks so, too, though you may still disagree. It's a personal choice, anyway. :wink:

In many cases of re-marks, it's a school who pay for the cost, not yourself, so that's another thing one must take into account, whether it justifies your school having to spend their budget while they must have a lot more things they need to use their precious money on.
(edited 6 years ago)
Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem @Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.
Original post by WhiteScythe
Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem @Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.

Do you know what the issue is with edexcel? Good luck to you.
Never thought it would feel this **** to go to such a great uni. Wish I got rejected in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in! A*A*A

Tbh, I've been wondering why you weren't sure if you would.....:tongue:

Congrats!......and a good choice of college, too. :biggrin:

Original post by WhiteScythe

*phew*
Congratulations! Now you can breath. :biggrin:
Original post by vincrows
Tbh, I've been wondering why you weren't sure if you would.....:tongue:

Congrats!......and a good choice of college, too. :biggrin:

*phew*
Congratulations! Now you can breath. :biggrin:
Thanks vincrows, and thank you for the college recommendation 😉
Thanks vincrows, and thank you for the college recommendation 😉

:biggrin:

Spoiler

My track still hasn't updated, I've sent my college my A level results even though I exceeded their a level offer. I'm a maths student so I took step and got 1,1,2 with 6 marks off the 1 in step 3. What is happening? If Cambridge reject me will I automatically get into my insurance? Is there anything I should do?
Never thought it would feel this **** to go to such a great uni. Wish I got rejected in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you at least sending your marks to your college? I saw on the other thread that you're still conditional, and there's always a chance that what you think is too far off might not be too far off.

The whole application system is really harsh, in my opinion - to have 2 options and no certain idea of where you're going until a few weeks before term begins is kind of ridiculous. I hope you get a firm answer soon and can process it.

Latest

Trending

Trending