Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    I'm a discerning chap!
    I'd say that's a fundamental quality for an admission tutor.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Naranja)
    Hi, I have a banner for my insurance choice saying "Congraulations, your place at X for Y has been confirmed" so this means I have missed my grades for Cambridge, right? Also my insurance offer has turned unconditional... But it then says "you are guaranteed a place here if you do not meet the conditions for your first choice". Can someone confirm for me that I haven't got in?
    Only if your Firm has rejected you. Until then you are still pending.

(Original post by NKT T1 Fake)
    Got a offer from Cambridge so happy
    W00t!

(Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I've missed my offer.. Going to nottngham

Posted from TSR Mobile

And Nottingham is great. Congratulations!

(Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Pending because I failed my chemistry core practicals. Feels bad
    See below.

(Original post by Steliata)
    Are you on Edexcel for chem? I heard there were issues about them marking practicals
    This.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!
    Congrats
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Sort of in a state of disbelief! My mum is kind-of an emotional mess. 😂

Thanks so much for all of the threads and everything Dr. Spencer! Really can't wait to thank you in person. 👏🏻 See you in October.
    You've done fantastically well and you and your Mum should be super proud. I'm looking forward to teaching you next term!

Well done to everyone who has made their offer and commiserations to those who haven't- it's not much compensation I know but this is a very bitter-sweet day for us as Admissions Tutors, really happy about those who've made it but tinged with sadness about those who haven't. You've all done really well to get offers in the first place (more than I ever managed back in the day) and will be successful wherever you go now.

For those still waiting, hang on in there, there will be a fair amount of activity in the Summer Pool (not masses but a bit more than normal I expect) so things aren't finished yet. If you want to be released to your insurance let your college know and we'll do it asap.

ReputationRep:
    No exam results for me, but I passed my driving test! Congratulations and commiserations to everyone finding out whether they got in today.

ReputationRep:
    SteamboatMickey I know I've PM-ed you earlier this morning, but just to say in public here how pleased I am for you. You worked bloody hard, and have been justly rewarded for it. Well done

ReputationRep:
    Way too far off to get in. You lot have fun

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by Obiejess)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: oh no Jess

York is great though sure you'll have fun there. :yep:

(Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I've missed my offer.. Going to nottngham

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :hugs: congrats on Nottingham though! great university

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Forecast)
    No exam results for me, but I passed my driving test! Congratulations and commiserations to everyone finding out whether they got in today.
    2016er here as well, also going to be taking my practical test in a few weeks' time. Congrats

ReputationRep:
    I'm in wtf :O how on earth did I manage to excede my offer?!?

ReputationRep:
    Offer exceeded. Very happy about that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    You've done fantastically well and you and your Mum should be super proud. I'm looking forward to teaching you next term!

Well done to everyone who has made their offer and commiserations to those who haven't- it's not much compensation I know but this is a very bitter-sweet day for us as Admissions Tutors, really happy about those who've made it but tinged with sadness about those who haven't. You've all done really well to get offers in the first place (more than I ever managed back in the day) and will be successful wherever you go now.

For those still waiting, hang on in there, there will be a fair amount of activity in the Summer Pool (not masses but a bit more than normal I expect) so things aren't finished yet. If you want to be released to your insurance let your college know and we'll do it asap.
    Out of interest ( and I know it's early days), have you noticed more variation in this year's results due to the Linear A levels? I can't help feeling sorry for this year's students TBH. Thanks
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by Obiejess)

Posted from TSR Mobile

(Original post by alexjanowska)
    W00t!
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    W00t!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in! A*A*A
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by alexjanowska)
    Somethings are just meant to be well done
    (Original post by an_atheist)
    Congratulations man so happy for youuu

I'm in! A*A*A
    :hugs: so happy for you Congratulations :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by byday)
    Do the re-mark. My daughter got 3xA* and 2A in 2013 and we got one of the As remarked cos it was only one of the A2 units that was below 90. She got the A* on the remark and the satisfaction remains to this day. It's best to be rewarded adequately for your effort and not accept a lower grade if you believe you were better.
    Perhaps you quoted me wrongly....?
    I'm not the poster who was wondering about re-mark nor am even a student!

But anyway.....
    I think it's sometimes very important to learn to let go and move on, especially if it doesn't make any difference in the effect other than your pride.
    I'm sure you know as another adult in the real life you encounter a lot of occasions where things are/were done in a way you didn't like it but you only have to let go. You should of course make an effort or even fight to get things corrected if the outcome would be different or more just, but if it's not it can be better if you just let go and stop dwelling on it. Personally remarking A-level in a such situation like OP's is a good example of that, and it seems he now thinks so, too, though you may still disagree. It's a personal choice, anyway.

In many cases of re-marks, it's a school who pay for the cost, not yourself, so that's another thing one must take into account, whether it justifies your school having to spend their budget while they must have a lot more things they need to use their precious money on.

ReputationRep:
    Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.

ReputationRep:
    Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.
    Do you know what the issue is with edexcel? Good luck to you.

ReputationRep:
    Never thought it would feel this **** to go to such a great uni. Wish I got rejected in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I'm in! A*A*A
    Tbh, I've been wondering why you weren't sure if you would.....

Congrats!......and a good choice of college, too.

*phew*
    Congratulations! Now you can breath.

University open days

1. University of Cambridge
    Christ's College Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Sep '18
Poll
Which accompaniment is best?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.