Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Tbh, I've been wondering why you weren't sure if you would.....

Congrats!......and a good choice of college, too.

*phew*
    Congratulations! Now you can breath.
    Thanks vincrows, and thank you for the college recommendation 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)

Spoiler:
    Show

I usually try to keep neutral stance on colleges, but I really like your new home.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Definitely better than your first choice.

Weird, though, none of ex-Cambridge in my family was there. But other people I know really liked it and I'd much prefer to be at a college which is not in the town centre.

ReputationRep:
    My track still hasn't updated, I've sent my college my A level results even though I exceeded their a level offer. I'm a maths student so I took step and got 1,1,2 with 6 marks off the 1 in step 3. What is happening? If Cambridge reject me will I automatically get into my insurance? Is there anything I should do?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Never thought it would feel this **** to go to such a great uni. Wish I got rejected in January.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Are you at least sending your marks to your college? I saw on the other thread that you're still conditional, and there's always a chance that what you think is too far off might not be too far off.

The whole application system is really harsh, in my opinion - to have 2 options and no certain idea of where you're going until a few weeks before term begins is kind of ridiculous. I hope you get a firm answer soon and can process it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Turns out that the problem I'm having with my core practicals is a wider problem Doonesbury, my school say everyone in the year passed.
    Hopefully it's only this that's causing the issue and you've met the rest of your offer.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Which college did you get into?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Sort of in a state of disbelief! My mum is kind-of an emotional mess. 😂

Thanks so much for all of the threads and everything Dr. Spencer! Really can't wait to thank you in person. 👏🏻 See you in October.
    What did you get ? Do you know yet? 💕👏🏻📕
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steven7891)
    My track still hasn't updated, I've sent my college my A level results even though I exceeded their a level offer. I'm a maths student so I took step and got 1,1,2 with 6 marks off the 1 in step 3. What is happening? If Cambridge reject me will I automatically get into my insurance? Is there anything I should do?
    If you exceeded Cambridge's offer, then you should get confirmed. Be patient and contact them tomorrow, if you dont hear back.

If Cambridge rejects you and you meet the offer conditions from your insurance, then you will get confirmed there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by steven7891)
    Call your college to find out what whether they'll accept you, put you in summer pool or release you to the insurance.

Your college is still reviewing people's marks to see whether they want to keep their narrow misses. Send in your actual marks to your college to (for A-levels) as they don't receive marks / UMS automatically.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippidee)
    Are you at least sending your marks to your college? I saw on the other thread that you're still conditional, and there's always a chance that what you think is too far off might not be too far off.

The whole application system is really harsh, in my opinion - to have 2 options and no certain idea of where you're going until a few weeks before term begins is kind of ridiculous. I hope you get a firm answer soon and can process it.
    I've sent it but I got mid to low As all round. Pretty certain York is where I'm off to.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Hopefully it's only this that's causing the issue and you've met the rest of your offer.
    Thanks I got the A* in chem as required my teacher told me but the other two I don't know :?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:

Spoiler:
    Show

Weird, though, none of ex-Cambridge in my family was there. But other people I know really liked it and I'd much prefer to be at a college which is not in the town centre.

Which college did you attend?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)
    If you exceeded Cambridge's offer, then you should get confirmed. Be patient and contact them tomorrow, if you dont hear back.

If Cambridge rejects you and you meet the offer conditions from your insurance, then you will get confirmed there.
    They haven't; for maths the STEP paper is more important. Hopefully the advice I've given will help but they're going to have to be patient as they may get pooled

ReputationRep:
    Congrats. Which college did you get into?
    Selwyn! Nobody knows much about it but it's lovely and doesn't get harrassed by the Tab 😂

I usually try to keep neutral stance on colleges, but I really like your new home.
    Spoiler:
    Show

Definitely better than your first choice.

Thanks vincrows 😂

Spoiler:
    Show
    what do you have against Peterhouse out of interest? 😉

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    there will be a fair amount of activity in the Summer Pool (not masses but a bit more than normal I expect) so things aren't finished yet..
    Interesting....
    Is it because of the new A-level reform?
    Was it like that when they introduced A* for the first time? My daughter was the second batch of students after the introduction of A*, so I've been wondering what sort of effect/s reforms like that would make on universities' admissions, esp. after a result days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Thanks I got the A* in chem as required my teacher told me but the other two I don't know :?
    Did you manage to get hold of anyone in your college to let you know what the issue is? If you haven't already, call / email them with confirmation of the A* in Chemistry. And see if your teacher can get you your other results.

Best of luck. Still hopeful it's the admin issue with practical marks recorded as fail on UCAS.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    They haven't; for maths the STEP paper is more important. Hopefully the advice I've given will help but they're going to have to be patient as they may get pooled
    Ok
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Selwyn! Nobody knows much about it but it's lovely and doesn't get harrassed by the Tab 😂

Thanks vincrows 😂

Spoiler:
    Show

what do you have against Peterhouse out of interest? 😉
    Selwyn is a nice College. Well done

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations to all... any mature students?

ReputationRep:
    Which college did you attend?
    I didn't. I had all my education, including university, in a country I'm originally from.

Spoiler:
    Show

But I have dozens of ex-cambridge students among people I know quite closely, including 5 in the family (I mean, the family I'm married to & hubby & daughter) ..

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.