Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Sorry to ask so many questions guys, just trying to deduce what is happening! Last one I promise; Imperial made me an unconditional offer on the 12th of August. I had to get an A in physics for that (to study physics and an A* in f maths as the only requirements). If they made me an unconditional offer, does that mean I got these or that they will accept say a B in physics? Many thanks and congratulations to everybody, regardless, you all worked hard and anyone can have a bad day!!
    Hi,

My understanding is that once a university has issued an unconditional offer to you, it is very unlikely that they will reconsider their offer.

I dont think that you should worry. If you are too worried, then contact Imperial. If I were you, I would be focusing on preparing for uni rather than worrying about the "what ifs"

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!
    CONGRATULATIONS!! I am so proud of you and this whole journey you've been on, enjoy the celebrations
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mehokay)
    Thanks for your response!
    How will we be notified? Will it be through UCAS or via phone etc...
    UCAS will update but you might get a call or email first.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    UCAS will update but you might get a call or email first.
    So if we don't get an update on UCAS or a call or email by tomorrow, should we assume that the University hasn't agreed to accepting us? Or will the university be in touch regardless of the decision?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Sorry to ask so many questions guys, just trying to deduce what is happening! Last one I promise; Imperial made me an unconditional offer on the 12th of August. I had to get an A in physics for that (to study physics and an A* in f maths as the only requirements). If they made me an unconditional offer, does that mean I got these or that they will accept say a B in physics? Many thanks and congratulations to everybody, regardless, you all worked hard and anyone can have a bad day!!
    If Cambridge is still conditional then it means they're still considering you, but whatever happens you have a place at Imperial. The only problem is that if you end up in Imperial, you'll want to sort out accommodation quickly as it's in an expensive part of London. If you'd rather go to Imperial, then tell Cambridge to release you so you can start confirming your accommodation.

If you can hang on (e.g. If money isn't an issue) then you're going to have to wait for Cambridge to get your results and make a decision. If you haven't already, call Cambridge to find out what's the situation as that will help you make a decision.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to kill the positive energy but my offer for medicine was a*a*a and on results day i got a* a a but i was 1 mark off an a* in biology sent Cambridge my results do you think for medicine i have a chance of being accepted seeing how near i was to meet the offer.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by mehokay)
    So if we don't get an update on UCAS or a call or email by tomorrow, should we assume that the University hasn't agreed to accepting us? Or will the university be in touch regardless of the decision?
    You will hear one way or the other.

ReputationRep:
    Any chances of getting into Cambridge with 3A*s despite being rejected post-interview? :bebored:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LennyBicknel)
    Any chances of getting into Cambridge with 3A*s despite being rejected post-interview? :bebored:
    Yes if you there is a possibility re-apply for 2018 and get an offer after a gap year by turning down the offers from your firm uni.
    Not for 2017 entry.

ReputationRep:
    3A* uno is alll mad 😤😤😤💯💯💯 #itseverydaybrowiththat3a*flow
    #dabonmichaelgovewiththose*****y reforms
    #cantsnakebothmeandboris
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    Got in !!!!! A*A*A* mad times over here amazing job y'all so proud of those who met their offers and big hugs to everyone still waiting XXXX
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Roofy)
    Sorry to kill the positive energy but my offer for medicine was a*a*a and on results day i got a* a a but i was 1 mark off an a* in biology sent Cambridge my results do you think for medicine i have a chance of being accepted seeing how near i was to meet the offer.
    This is all decided on a case-by-case basis. Your college will keep you informed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LennyBicknel)
    Congrats, seems to happen a lot 😜 I "think" you would need to take a gap year and reapply for 2018 entry. Second time applicantts in your position would get an interview but you would have to go through the application process and, whilst it can result in an offer, there are no guarantees.

Well done and good luck with whatever you do.😀

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    You should hear today or tomorrow. If you're being put in the pool you will be told today and find out the results tomorrow in most cases, but it may be over the weekend.
    My daughter missed her offer by one grade (offer A*A*A, result A*AA).

However, her offer is for a deferred place for 2018. Does consideration of near-misses differ between current year students and deferred students?

Is there a standard policy or is it on a case-by-case or college-by-college basis? (Her offer is from Robinson).

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by maca111)
    My daughter missed her offer by one grade (offer A*A*A, result A*AA).

However, her offer is for a deferred place for 2018. Does consideration of near-misses differ between current year students and deferred students?

Is there a standard policy or is it on a case-by-case or college-by-college basis? (Her offer is from Robinson).

Thanks
    Case-by-case basis so no set policy and no set differences for consideration of direct and deferred entry applicants. Fingers crossed for your daughter!

ReputationRep:
    Any hom maths?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roofy)
    Do you think it's worth remarking? (A teacher's opinion would be ideal for this.) if so, and you can afford to, get it remarked to see if you can edge up. I think there is a limited summer pool for medicine, so you might still be in with a shot.P if UCAS still says conditional.

If you haven't already, call your first choice college to see if they can shed some light

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Roofy)
    My sister is in the same boat and missed A* in bio by 5 UMS. Could you please update when you get a reply from Cambridge? Wishing you all the best!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by vincrows)

But unfortunately, and even worse, our God son chose to go to oxford......partly because his dad was at Cambridge on the same course as his.....
    I was just kidding with the "2nd rate education" comment. Of course, Oxford is a good university.

ReputationRep:
    Well done everyone and enjoy the opportunity!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Poll
Cats or dogs?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.