Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Mate oh my god I had an offer for medicine and this exact thing has happened to me except with the one mark off maths. I called my college and they were unwilling to even get my UMS marks despite having sent me an email a few weeks ago saying they'd want them in the case of a near miss - they'd already made up their mind. I'm so so unbelievably upset and my world is completely broken right now
    (Original post by Roofy)
    Sorry to kill the positive energy but my offer for medicine was a*a*a and on results day i got a* a a but i was 1 mark off an a* in biology sent Cambridge my results do you think for medicine i have a chance of being accepted seeing how near i was to meet the offer.

ReputationRep:
    How long would the summer pool take on average?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    YAAAAAAASSSSSS QUEEN

*biggest high five*
    SOOO pleased for you!!!! Congratulations!! My son met his offer too so you might see him out in Chester celebrating tonight!!

ReputationRep:
    My daughter got her place! She didn't open track until she woke up at 11, by which time I'd taken the dog for three walks, got through several pots of coffee, and dead-headed every remotely imperfect flower in the garden. Proud mum and very happy girl 😊 (and the garden's looking unusually tidy too)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 210555)
    Honestly AAA is excellent. I know you feel **** now. I happen to admire you for posting on here today, many wouldn't 😜. You are actually brave.

Now Cambridge is excellent BUT it isn't everything. What you have to remember is that there are over 300,000 students opening results today and we regular posters on this thread are an absolute tiny minority. We are definitely not representative of the student population as a whole. I sometimes wonder if we are all a little guilty of raising expectations on what it is like at Cambridge or any other RG university.

Now in reality there is very little difference between AAA and let's say A*AA and future employers will really not give a hoot. So I hope you will come to realise today that. " Hey I got AAA and am going to a fantastic uni, York I think?

When you get there in October you will meet loads of people just like you. I go to Durham ( the rejects uni) and we laugh and joke about our Oxbridge experience ( all different). I can honestly say that none of us would swap our uni right now and we have laughed about it.😜

There are advantages of not going to Oxbbridge too, I'll let you discover those for yourself. 😜

So I say congratulations to you, go to York and this time next year I guarantee you will be smiling about this. Very best wishes.
    (Original post by zippidee)
    I can't believe we live in a world where AAA can make you feel **** on results day.

It might take some time to adjust, but York is an incredible city (I applied to York St. John when I first used UCAS, because I really wanted to live in York but I didn't meet the foreign language requirements of the University of York for their English degree). I know a few people who went there (one when she didn't meet her Oxford offer) and the both loved their time there, have jobs and lives now, have friends they met there and wouldn't want to be without - if you do go there I'm sure you'll enjoy the course and the city and hopefully be able to look back on your results with the pride that you deserve to have.

Thank you so much. These made me cry.
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spange88)
    SOOO pleased for you!!!! Congratulations!! My son met his offer too so you might see him out in Chester celebrating tonight!!
    Advise him to be safe. You don't want him to do something silly, get into the news and get rejected by Cambridge.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wired_1800)

I hope he is happy with a 2nd rate education without the proper academic preparation that Cambridge would have given him.
    Very unfortunately he was. He liked it so much he's even going back there this autumn to start a master's after working abroad for a year.
    Sad life......

I was just kidding with the "2nd rate education" comment. Of course, Oxford is a good university.
    Really?
    Since when?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spange88)
    Thanks, and congrats to your son too! Which college does he have an offer for?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Very unfortunately he was. He liked it so much he's even going back there this autumn to start a master's after working abroad for a year.
    Sad life......

Really?
    Since when?

Ah, the Oxford force has pulled him. A minute silence to our "fallen" brethren.

ReputationRep:
    Ah, the Oxford force has pulled him. A minute silence to our "fallen" brethren.
    Amen....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    You are! Well done!
    Well done been hoping you would since visiting thread for my son last year.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by audrey_lh)
    How long would the summer pool take on average?
    It takes place throughout tomorrow and you should hear tomorrow but possibly not until over the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Thank you so much. These made me cry.
    Yes AAA great I know several students who would love that to hit their firm or insurance so well done.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Track opened early i am going to cambridge!?!
    So very happy for you!! Have followed your journey for a long time, You've clearly been through so much on the way and had to overcome many challenges, which you have done with humour, courage and determination, while supporting so many others by being a stalwart of this thread. Huge congratulations and give your mum a hug from me!

ReputationRep:
    Got rejected from Cambridge ages ago without getting an interview but just wanna pop back to mention I got A*A*A*A and was 1 off an A* in that A :P
    Not bitter or anything jk I'm going to York which is fine

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    I'm in! A*A*A
    Well done!!!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossward)
    Got rejected from Cambridge ages ago without getting an interview but just wanna pop back to mention I got A*A*A*A and was 1 off an A* in that A :P
    Well done for your grades. You smashed it. I am sure that you will have a great time at York.

All the best.

ReputationRep:
    I've been accepted to Cambridge!!! Get in there

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rossward)
    Well done on your grades , really excellent. I mean this really nicely, you are not unusual it happens a lot. 😜 I "think" lots of unis are looking or a " type" of student they think will fit into their culture. You will come across many students at York with equally good grades and I am sure will have a fab time. And there are benefits to not going to Oxbridge, trust me 😜😜

Though they are great unis 😀
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 210555)
    Well done on your grades , really excellent. I mean this really nicely, you are not unusual it happens a lot. 😜 I "think" lots of unis are looking or a " type" of student they think will fit into their culture. You will come across many students at York with equally good grades and I am sure will have a fab time. And there are benefits to not going to Oxbridge, trust me 😜😜

Though they are great unis 😀
    What are the benefits of not going to Oxbridge?

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.