• Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by WhiteScythe)
    My offer has been confirmed!
    :woo:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Hooray! Congratulations 🎉
    Thank you, looking forward to seeing you in October!

ReputationRep:
    Thanks for this wolfmoon, I hope you got what you want and if you do choose to reapply choose Cambridge over the other place! We all want you to join us

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    So I got A*A*A* which means I have safely secured my space! I shall promptly shuffle over to the freshers thread. I was not expecting this, I am shook. :hat2:Also thanks to all of the lovely messages, within the spoiler I have tried to reply to as many as I could. I also got between 95-100% in all of my exams, and the local paper is using me as a case study (though I told them to put in 'worlds biggest Coldplay fan' so I hope they do mention that fact...)

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks so much Sue xx

Thank you so much! :hugs: I think I've really proved to myself I can do it now.

SEE YOU IN OCTOBER MY FRIEND! *biggest high five* We definitely have to meet up

:hugs: Thanks for being my rant buddy. Love you mate and we will definitely be meeting up since I live up North anyway!

Go us go! *high five*

Murray Edwards

Aw thanks so much! I really do appreciate all of the love and support yourself and others have shown me. I do hope I have a good time! I got a HUGE hug from the Oxbridge advisor and I was told to "have the most amazing three years" of my life. He said it'll be tough but I just secured 3 A*s so I think I am capable.

Honestly, I couldn't have done it without your support, and I think you've probably watched my confidence increase over the years. I'll do you proud, I promise!

Well done!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    3A*s missed my step offer but who cares I got in for maths!!

ReputationRep:
    Accepted for Computer Science at Wolfson for 2018! See you next year!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by WhiteScythe)
    Thanks for this wolfmoon, I hope you got what you want and if you do choose to reapply choose Cambridge over the other place! We all want you to join us
    Didn't make my scores so reapplying is unlikely :/ but thank you hope you have fun in Cambridge! exciting stuff :woo:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elanor44)
    I am applying for remarks in C3 and C4 but my school told me not to hold out too much hope. I guess it's not like an essay subject, in Maths there's a strict mark scheme etc. I don't know I just don't want to be disappointed again
    my friend went up by 5 marks if that helps? I know it's unlikely that that will happen but if you're 1.5 UMS away it won't hurt you plus the school pays for it don't they?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DamnDaniel2)
    my friend went up by 5 marks if that helps? I know it's unlikely that that will happen but if you're 1.5 UMS away it won't hurt you plus the school pays for it don't they?
    Depends on the school.

ReputationRep:
    So I got A*A*A* which means I have safely secured my space! I shall promptly shuffle over to the freshers thread. I was not expecting this, I am shook. :hat2:Also thanks to all of the lovely messages, within the spoiler I have tried to reply to as many as I could. I also got between 95-100% in all of my exams, and the local paper is using me as a case study (though I told them to put in 'worlds biggest Coldplay fan' so I hope they do mention that fact...)

Spoiler:
    Show

Thanks so much Sue xx

Thank you so much! :hugs: I think I've really proved to myself I can do it now.

SEE YOU IN OCTOBER MY FRIEND! *biggest high five* We definitely have to meet up

:hugs: Thanks for being my rant buddy. Love you mate and we will definitely be meeting up since I live up North anyway!

Go us go! *high five*

Murray Edwards

Aw thanks so much! I really do appreciate all of the love and support yourself and others have shown me. I do hope I have a good time! I got a HUGE hug from the Oxbridge advisor and I was told to "have the most amazing three years" of my life. He said it'll be tough but I just secured 3 A*s so I think I am capable.

Honestly, I couldn't have done it without your support, and I think you've probably watched my confidence increase over the years. I'll do you proud, I promise!

Amazing results, congratulations!
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zpx)
    Accepted for Computer Science at Wolfson for 2018! See you next year!
    Well done

ReputationRep:
    A bit late, but...
    Name:  IMG_0089.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  344.0 KB
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by thewinelake)
    A bit late, but...
    Name:  IMG_0089.JPG
Views: 91
Size:  344.0 KB
    Why?

Did they mug you off?

ReputationRep:
    I KNEW YOU COULD DO IT !!!:banana2::bumps:

ReputationRep:
    A huge congratulations from the Cambridge University Law Society to everyone getting their A Level results today! If you'll be coming over to Cambridge this October, a further congratulations - this is truly a massive achievement! If you'll be joining us in the Law Faculty come fall, please do join the only CULS-endorsed Cambridge Law Freshers 2017 Facebook page to stay up to date before your arrival - enjoy celebrating!

Cambridge University Law Society
    WebsiteFacebookFreshers 2017
    email: [email protected]

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway XYZ)
    Didn't get in. Got BBB. Missed my insurance offer too but they let me in anyway. Don't know if I'm going to bother going. I'm getting remarks but doubt it will change anything
    Sorry to hear that. Give it a few days before taking any decisions. Good luck with whatever decisions you make.

ReputationRep:
    okay, so I made it

Spoiler:
    Show

Was sitting on the toilet when I got the phone call...tiny bit awkward

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by elanor44)
    Got A*A*AA in Biology, English Literature, Maths and Chemistry in that order. Unfortunately I needed an A* in two of Biology, Chemistry or Maths so I missed my offer for medicine. I was 1.5% UMS off the A* for Maths Contacted my college and they basically told me it's all over. I was a complete wreck this morning but I'm coming to terms with it. I'm still going to Bristol to do a course I'm passionate about! It's just so hard because I built up this picture of the next six years of my life in Cambridge and now I'm at a loss. So, so close but yet so far.
    Oh wow, that's tough. Sorry to hear that. Clearly you are top quality and Cambridge make mistakes sometimes. Good luck, by the sounds of it you're going to make a great doctor.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bbglop)
    okay, so I made it

Spoiler:
    Show

Was sitting on the toilet when I got the phone call...tiny bit awkward

Congratulations!

Spoiler:
    Show

I read your username as bigplop so that kind of fits.
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I'm in the summer pool for Law. How rare actually is this?

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.