Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippidee)
    I can't believe that closeness. I'm glad that you still have your course - and Bristol is obviously an amazing university.

I think it's awesome that you got A*s in such wildly different subjects.
    Thank you so much, that really means a lot to me. Yeah the crazy thing is I did a stupidly small amount of revision for English because I knew it wasn't included in my offer, and I worked my butt off for my other subjects. I guess the world works in mysterious ways. Hopefully Bristol will be a bigger and better adventure!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    This wait is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    This wait is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WhiteScythe)
    My offer has been confirmed!
    Yay I was very hopeful it would be!

ReputationRep:
    This wait is tragic.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Been waiting since 6th July (IB results) and still nothing...

1 mark off my offer for Law at Clare. ONE MARK
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ericacookies)
    Don't worry, I'm in the same boat. Been waiting since 6th July (IB results) and still nothing...

1 mark off my offer for Law at Clare. ONE MARK
    What's your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Really feel it for those sitting by their phones in an endless wait.

Good luck to every single one of you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Good luck to everyone in the summer pool.

I actually slept well for the first time in what feels like ages.

ReputationRep:
    What's your insurance?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Kings, wbu?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ericacookies)
    Kings, wbu?
    York.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I got A*AB (we never applied for special consideration for that exam that got disrupted) but Fitzwilliam still accepted me!
    I didn't need to send my results or anything, I just woke up at 7:30 to see that I'd been confirmed, I cried for like 2 hours straight.
    I want you all to know that I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you! I sincerely hope it goes well, and I'm sure your insurance choices are still absolutely brilliant unis too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighamc)
    I got A*AB (we never applied for special consideration for that exam that got disrupted) but Fitzwilliam still accepted me!
    I didn't need to send my results or anything, I just woke up at 7:30 to see that I'd been confirmed, I cried for like 2 hours straight.
    I want you all to know that I'm keeping my fingers crossed for all of you! I sincerely hope it goes well, and I'm sure your insurance choices are still absolutely brilliant unis too!
    Fantastic!

Well done to you. Well done to the admissions team at Fitz too.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    Sorry, only just getting to TSR after busy busy day dealing with the results fall out. Yes, I think that colleges have reacted in different ways to the new A Levels and some have been more fortunate than others. We're full to the gunnels, as are a number of colleges, but I know that some colleges are in a worse situation than normal so those in the Summer Pool should not give up hope.
    No worries, and absolutely no need to apologise. I know you are very busy now......and very sorry for casting yet another irrelevant question in spite of knowing you're busy!

Good to hear all the places at Medwards were safely filled with not much difficulties.
    I was going to ask if you'd noticed boys showed more strength this year than previous years at Cambridge, too, as the papers reported as a national trend, then remembered you're at a female college now.....

Anyway, have a nice weekend.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sir albert)
    Fantastic!

Well done to you. Well done to the admissions team at Fitz too.
    Thank you! They're an amazing team, and I'm certainly going to send them an email thanking them for all their hard work, in a few weeks when their work has died down a bit
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Thank you! They're an amazing team, and I'm certainly going to send them an email thanking them for all their hard work, in a few weeks when their work has died down a bit
    I'm quite sure they would welcome *that* email at any time, even today

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Congratulations! Wonderful news.

To add to your celebration, hope you'll get a room in one of those newly-refurbished corridor.
    http://www.fitz.cam.ac.uk/news/students-move-new-rooms

Even if you don't, I've heard their cafe serves very good panini.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Congratulations! Wonderful news.

To add to your celebration, hope you'll get a room in one of those newly-refurbished corridor.
    http://www.fitz.cam.ac.uk/news/students-move-new-rooms

Even if you don't, I've heard their cafe serves very good panini.
    I hope so too! Though any room will be amazing, as my best friend also got into Fitzwilliam for NatSci!

I can confirm, the cafe is amazing, with brilliant coffee

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    I'm quite sure they would welcome *that* email at any time, even today

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I was absolutely too excited, and sent it just now! I am over-the-moon that they accepted me without even questioning my B grade, I'm extremely lucky; the whole team is fantastic
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    I was absolutely too excited, and sent it just now! I am over-the-moon that they accepted me without even questioning my B grade, I'm extremely lucky; the whole team is fantastic
    Nice one. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Some people celebrate so much and get themselves so drunk they fall backwards into hedges to care about nice things like this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    No worries, and absolutely no need to apologise. I know you are very busy now......and very sorry for casting yet another irrelevant question in spite of knowing you're busy!

Good to hear all the places at Medwards were safely filled with not much difficulties.
    I was going to ask if you'd noticed boys showed more strength this year than previous years at Cambridge, too, as the papers reported as a national trend, then remembered you're at a female college now.....

Anyway, have a nice weekend.
    There is some school of thought that says girls perform better than boys in modular qualifications with coursework built in and this contributed towards the attainment gap which I think was 4-5% in previous years?

Haven't read girls are faring worse but that boys have narrowed the gap. Maybe the new reformed A levels have had an impact?. Who knows but interesting times in education.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.