Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Leighamc)
    I hope so too! Though any room will be amazing, as my best friend also got into Fitzwilliam for NatSci!

I can confirm, the cafe is amazing, with brilliant coffee
    Y
    Oh you've been to Fitz already, then? That's good.
    Also great you're going there with your best friend!

They have 2 very good sized car parks, so it make your parents' life much easier when they bring you & your stuff at the beginning of every term and come to pick you & your stuff up at the end of every term next 3/4 years.

What are you reading?

ReputationRep:
    I'm not giving up yet.

I've received confirmation from my sixth form that they are willing to pay for all the remarks. Would have cost me near 200 quid otherwise. Now, I realise going from BBB to A*AA is pretty much an impossibility, but I believe it's highly possible that I can go up to ABB or even AAB. I had serious extenuating circumstances that they were aware of. I'll ask what the minimum grades that I would have been let in are. If they would have let me in with my remarked grades (my place is only now salvageable if I get A*AA, they can't show leniency even if they wanted to because it's all done automatically over UCAS), I will reapply for the next cycle (deadline October). I will reapply to the same college of course. They liked me enough the first time round to give me an offer, why not again? I will ask them how likely it is that I'd get an offer again though.

If they say the grades would still have needed to be a bit higher for them to have been willing to let me in, I will ask how they would feel about me reapplying whilst also resitting some of the exams.

This shouldn't have happened. I should be punting up the River Cam in my gown. I should be sitting in that beautiful little library surrounded by hundreds of tomes whilst someone asks me if I'd like to come to the formal dinner with them. When I opened my results I felt a timeline shift. I've desperately trying to move on and accept I will be happy at my insurance, but I just can't see myself anywhere else. I was so close. This will haunt me for the rest of my life.

inb4 you're being over-dramatic, it's not the end of the world, blah blah, etc.
    This was the chance of a lifetime. The entire future I had planned for myself hinged on going to Cambridge. How would you feel if your entire world collapsed around you? I have nothing else, no friends, no hobbies. This was going to be the turning point in my life. Things were going to get better.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Nice one. I'm sure they will appreciate it.

Some people celebrate so much and get themselves so drunk they fall backwards into hedges to care about nice things like this.

Haha, went to the pub for a casual drink with my other friends who got into their firm choices, I guess I'm just not used to it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Y
    Oh you've been to Fitz already, then? That's good.
    Also great you're going there with your best friend!

They have 2 very good sized car parks, so it make your parents' life much easier when they bring you & your stuff at the beginning of every term and come to pick you & your stuff up at the end of every term next 3/4 years.

What are you reading?
    Archaeology

ReputationRep:
    yoyo missed my offer but basically cos one pol unit was A* and the other was a D. I was 2 ums from an A so need to get that remarked asap
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Haha, went to the pub for a casual drink with my other friends who got into their firm choices, I guess I'm just not used to it!
    :hand: excuses! excuses!

(Just keep away from the Cam if you are over-indulging...)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Throwaway XYZ)
    (my place is only now salvageable if I get A*AA, they can't show leniency even if they wanted to because it's all done automatically over UCAS),
    UCAS is just the messenger. If a university want to revise an offer downwards it can do so.

When do you expect to get the remarks back?
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I'm not giving up yet.

I've received confirmation from my sixth form that they are willing to pay for all the remarks. Would have cost me near 200 quid otherwise. Now, I realise going from BBB to A*AA is pretty much an impossibility, but I believe it's highly possible that I can go up to ABB or even AAB. I had serious extenuating circumstances that they were aware of. I'll ask what the minimum grades that I would have been let in are. If they would have let me in with my remarked grades (my place is only now salvageable if I get A*AA, they can't show leniency even if they wanted to because it's all done automatically over UCAS), I will reapply for the next cycle (deadline October). I will reapply to the same college of course. They liked me enough the first time round to give me an offer, why not again? I will ask them how likely it is that I'd get an offer again though.

If they say the grades would still have needed to be a bit higher for them to have been willing to let me in, I will ask how they would feel about me reapplying whilst also resitting some of the exams.

This shouldn't have happened. I should be punting up the River Cam in my gown. I should be sitting in that beautiful little library surrounded by hundreds of tomes whilst someone asks me if I'd like to come to the formal dinner with them. When I opened my results I felt a timeline shift. I've desperately trying to move on and accept I will be happy at my insurance, but I just can't see myself anywhere else. I was so close. This will haunt me for the rest of my life.

inb4 you're being over-dramatic, it's not the end of the world, blah blah, etc.
    This was the chance of a lifetime. The entire future I had planned for myself hinged on going to Cambridge. How would you feel if your entire world collapsed around you? I have nothing else, no friends, no hobbies. This was going to be the turning point in my life. Things were going to get better.
    This is sad and I hope you get in.

You are not being dramatic. I know someone who started getting pushed towards Cambridge since they were like 5. From prep school to sixth form, he dreamed about studying at the same university as his father and grandfather. Luckily he got in.

It is incredibly sad that you fell short at the last hurdle and I support you remark. You never know what lies ahead. If that does not happen and you want to reapply next year, please be sure that is what you want. There are other opportunities to study at Cambridge.

If your insurance choice is decent enough, I will suggest that you study there and then progress to Cambridge for a masters or doctoral training.

I wish you the best with whatever you decide to do.

ReputationRep:
    Archaeology
    Downing Site, then.
    After 3 years of cycling up Castle Hill, you'll be awarded with a good pair of beautifully toned thighs as well as your degree.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    UCAS is just the messenger. If a university want to revise an offer downwards it can do so.

When do you expect to get the remarks back?
    My college told me that it is now impossible to retrieve me from my insurance choice unless I meet the grades specified in the offer letter. I assume it is because of technicalities of the UCAS system.

I went for a 'priority' remark so they should come back in a few days at most.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    My college told me that it is now impossible to retrieve me from my insurance choice unless I meet the grades specified in the offer letter. I assume it is because of technicalities of the UCAS system.

I went for a 'priority' remark so they should come back in a few days at most.
    Well fingers crossed for the remarks - and then take it up with UCAS/Cambridge...

ReputationRep:
    How long do priority remarks usually take? I'm assuming that it will be working days rather than weekends.

ReputationRep:
    Hi!

Long time thread stalker here...
    I'm just jumping in for those still waiting-

I applied to Clare, got winter pooled to Sidney Sussex, missed my grades yesterday (AAA but not super close to A*s), and was placed in the summer pool... only to be fished out a couple of hours ago by Clare!!

There is hope- and I have my fingers crossed for everyone.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    Hi!

I applied to Clare, got winter pooled to Sidney Sussex, missed my grades yesterday (AAA but not super close to A*s), and was placed in the summer pool... only to be fished out a couple of hours ago by Clare!!

Congratulations! That must feel incredible given you applied there initially. Which subject are you studying (if you want to say)?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zippidee)
    Congratulations! That must feel incredible given you applied there initially. Which subject are you studying (if you want to say)?
    Yes I cried for a good hour when they rang . Theology
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    Hi!

Well done. That's awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    Hi!

Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Well done. That's awesome.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shamika)
    Congrats!

Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    Yes I cried for a good hour when they rang . Theology
    Woohoo, I'm theology too! :five:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.