Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    Rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Gah! Sorry to read this. York is very lucky to have you.

(Original post by Naranja)
    Rejected in summer pool
    Gah again!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fw431)
    declined too

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    1 mark off my A*, and got rejected from summer pool. Not sure if the results of my remark will change that? Never mind!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lydiajackson)
    1 mark off my A*, and got rejected from summer pool. Not sure if the results of my remark will change that? Never mind!
    My college said theyd still take me so Im counting on mine!
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VL100)
    Hi!

Long time thread stalker here...
    I'm just jumping in for those still waiting-

I applied to Clare, got winter pooled to Sidney Sussex, missed my grades yesterday (AAA but not super close to A*s), and was placed in the summer pool... only to be fished out a couple of hours ago by Clare!!

There is hope- and I have my fingers crossed for everyone.
    Whaaat?

Congratulations, I'm keeping that story for explaining pooling to people in the future.

ReputationRep:
    Robinson have said they'll hold my place open on the basis of the remark so hopefully fingers crossed etc.

ReputationRep:
    Just to check - at this stage there is definitely nothing that I should do, right? My UCAS track has been updated. I suppose I just want to know for sure now, this has felt rather drawn out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by babypink0919)
    My college said theyd still take me so Im counting on mine!
    I'm an open offer holder, so I'm not sure if I can count on that. A million good lucks to you though!
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LouKayenta05)

I think I have an affinity with Mark. He has some flair.
    I'd like to be Luke love his attention to detail

ReputationRep:
    Rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Sorry to hear this - my daughter also. She missed her offer but got her insurance at Bath, but asked to be released from it so she can go to York. A day on and she has already forgotten Cambridge and can't wait to get to York! Seems like a great uni to me.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    If your remark means you meet the original conditions of your offer before 31st August then Cambridge will honour the offer.

I'm an open offer holder, so I'm not sure if I can count on that. A million good lucks to you though!
    I imagine your underwriting college would be the one to take you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Whaaat?

Congratulations, I'm keeping that story for explaining pooling to people in the future.
    Apparently it does happen. I asked the AT if it was possible in one of their AMAs. He said yes... and lo we have a real live example this cycle.

I think it's brilliant

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naranja)
    Just to check - at this stage there is definitely nothing that I should do, right? My UCAS track has been updated. I suppose I just want to know for sure now, this has felt rather drawn out.
    Correct.
    If there's anything your college wants you to do, they will tell you.
    Until then just relax.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Nooo! :hugs: keep in touch, won't you?

ReputationRep:
    Accepted from the Summer Pool to Homerton for BioNatSci!!!! The wait was excruciating but I couldn't be happier

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by WalkingSandwich)
    Accepted from the Summer Pool to Homerton for BioNatSci!!!! The wait was excruciating but I couldn't be happier
    Congrats! I would say "i'll see you there" but there's no guarantees with ~1400 students
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tintin501)
    Sorry to hear this - my daughter also. She missed her offer but got her insurance at Bath, but asked to be released from it so she can go to York. A day on and she has already forgotten Cambridge and can't wait to get to York! Seems like a great uni to me.
    Hopefully I'll see her at York! Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Rejected.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    😟 Sorry., but at least the waiting and stress is over. And York is fab. Very best wishes.

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, haven't posted here in months (but you might remember me from applying/interview time). Hope it's worked out for everyone I missed my STEP offer but was accepted anyway!

ReputationRep:
    Hopefully I'll see her at York! Which course?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Psychology!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.