Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Obiejess)
    REMARKED TO A*AA! I'M GOING TO CAMBRIDGE!!!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

:yy::yy::yy:
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor

Posted from TSR Mobile
    :party2::party2::party2::party2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    You've officially killed off all my remaining visual functioning...
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader

Posted from TSR Mobile

And get yourself over to
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4881628

• Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    You've officially killed off all my remaining visual functioning...
    The colour changing ones make it weird don't they.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yessss! Congrats!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemfm)
    Basically edexcel couldn't read my writing for my exam paper so just guessed a grade for it (d). So i have to transcribe the whole thing tomorrow.
    Improve your handwriting. You're going to have to at some point, and there's no time like the present.

ReputationRep:
    Wow Jess that's fantastic!! Obiejess

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm very sorry you had to go through the stress of thinking you've not made your offer, but anyway alls well that ends well!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeen)
    Can't believe I'm actually joining this thread! Got an offer for History of Art at Trinity now I've got to work towards meeting my offer which I am so nervous about haha
    Congratulations I am going to study History of Art as well There is no FB group for HOA offer holders unfortunately.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by monica smith)
    Congratulations I am going to study History of Art as well There is no FB group for HOA offer holders unfortunately.
    oh hi! which college are you at?
    and yeah, perks of being a really tiny department i guess haha

ReputationRep:
    Hello people! I'm an overseas applicant, and I need to pay almost full tuition fees to Cambridge as I hardly got any scholarship!

However, my UCAS track updated and I've been now accepted by Magdalene unconditionally....

Now, I am waiting for my CAS to arrive in order to apply for a visa. But when does it arrive actually? after I make the payment or before? my college said I'll get billing details for my tuition fees in early September. if they issue the CAS after the payment is done and I have to wait that long, then I'm doomed!

Does anyone have any idea about these?
    Posted on the TSR App. Download from Apple or Google Play
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by botmun2)
    Hello people! I'm an overseas applicant, and I need to pay almost full tuition fees to Cambridge as I hardly got any scholarship!

However, my UCAS track updated and I've been now accepted by Magdalene unconditionally....

Now, I am waiting for my CAS to arrive in order to apply for a visa. But when does it arrive actually? after I make the payment or before? my college said I'll get billing details for my tuition fees in early September. if they issue the CAS after the payment is done and I have to wait that long, then I'm doomed!

Does anyone have any idea about these?
    The CAS is completely unrelated to fees. Your CAS will come through in the next few days.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    The CAS is completely unrelated to fees. Your CAS will come through in the next few days.
    Thank you for your information! But a UK student visa counsellor told me that other UK universities require their students to pay their first year tuition fees (possibly partial amount of the full fees) before issuing the CAS.
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by botmun2)
    Thank you for your information! But a UK student visa counsellor told me that other UK universities require their students to pay their first year tuition fees (possibly partial amount of the full fees) before issuing the CAS.
    The friendly and helpful team at [email protected] ac.uk will be only too happy to help. The CAS (certificate of acceptance for studies) is issued once you have been accepted for studies, i.e. once your place is unconditional.

As part of the application process for a Tier 4 visa (which the CAS lets you get started with) you have to prove you have sufficient funding. One of the ways of doing this can be to pre-pay tuition fees but this isn't a requirement.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Peterhouse Admissions)
    The friendly and helpful team at [email protected] ac.uk will be only too happy to help. The CAS (certificate of acceptance for studies) is issued once you have been accepted for studies, i.e. once your place is unconditional.

As part of the application process for a Tier 4 visa (which the CAS lets you get started with) you have to prove you have sufficient funding. One of the ways of doing this can be to pre-pay tuition fees but this isn't a requirement.
    Thanks a lot! And what a coincidence! I have just received my CAS from international student... lol...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeen)
    oh hi! which college are you at?
    and yeah, perks of being a really tiny department i guess haha
    Hi! Wolfson I am quite nervous as well. ))) I have never studied hoa before. I just sent a request to the admins of the official freshers group. I would be happy to get to know fellow art historians.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    I'm going to close this amazing thread now.

The chat continues over here:

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=4881628
    Cambridge Freshers Megathread 2017!

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What's your favourite Christmas sweets?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.