Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mehokay)
    Looks like I spoke too soon, it updated an hour ago, lol. I applied to Newnham to read Law, what about you?
    Haha it knew you were waiting for it. NatSci at Queens' College!

ReputationRep:
    Anyone feel like they've suddenly become more productive this week?

ReputationRep:
    I have had an offer of A*A*A even though I am doing 4 subjects, what does this mean for my 4th subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Elizakingsmith)
    I have had an offer of A*A*A even though I am doing 4 subjects, what does this mean for my 4th subject?
    It probably doesn't matter what you get in the 4th subject. I would check with your college if you are unsure.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    It means you still need to do it, but the grade doesn't matter.

Did they specify any subjects for the A*A*A?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    my offer specifically excludes a subject, what do i do then? does this mean i could drop it?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImogenWiles96)
    my offer specifically excludes a subject, what do i do then? does this mean i could drop it?
    Not necessarily. But you can ask your college (and any other university you hold offers with).

You can't unilaterally change your application by just dropping a subject, but if you ask first they *might* agree. Or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    It means you still need to do it, but the grade doesn't matter.

Did they specify any subjects for the A*A*A?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Yeh they wanted an A* in further maths and and A* in either chemistry or physics but said nothing about maths?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Yeh they wanted an A* in further maths and and A* in either chemistry or physics but said nothing about maths?
    Hmm, maybe check with them. I imagine you would need an A in Maths. It's pretty difficult to get an A* in FM without at least an A in Maths....

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, maybe check with them. I imagine you would need an A in Maths. It's pretty difficult to get an A* in FM without at least an A in Maths....
    Yeah I've emailed them now just seemed weird as other people doing 4 subjects at my college have been given a 4 grade offer, thank you though!

ReputationRep:
    Not necessarily. But you can ask your college (and any other university you hold offers with).

You can't unilaterally change your application by just dropping a subject, but if you ask first they *might* agree. Or not.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Considering they've excluded it entirely, my school thinks it should be fine. And obviously i've email to ask
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ImogenWiles96)
    Considering they've excluded it entirely, my school thinks it should be fine. And obviously i've email to ask
    Yes, it possibly will be fine, but you MUST check first.

It's not uncommon for colleges to allow an irrelevant 4th subject to be dropped. But sometimes they don't...

ReputationRep:
    Name:  tumblr_mzz6cfLpLU1rzik3go1_500.jpg
Views: 73
Size:  16.3 KB
    Spoiler:
    Show

Offer to study Computer Science at Wolfson, starting in 2018!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it possibly will be fine, but you MUST check first.

It's not uncommon for colleges to allow an irrelevant 4th subject to be dropped. But sometimes they don't...
    I mean its art, so its not like its got any relevance to a Law degree at all so i'm crossing my fingers thank you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Penelope..)
    Great! 3 years and Trinity Hall
    What is going to be your insurance choice do you think, if you don't mind me asking?

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Does anyone know if, after you have your results, you decide to defer for health reasons, you are allowed to?
    If you are considering deferring it's much better to request (or at least discuss) it sooner rather than later.

But yes you can request to defer after results day. They *usually* agree.

ReputationRep:
    If you are considering deferring it's much better to request (or at least discuss) it sooner rather than later.

But yes you can request to defer after results day. They *usually* agree.
    Thanks for this, i'm pretty sure I won't defer but was just curious
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    SteamboatMickey get yourself over here!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Anyone feel like they've suddenly become more productive this week?
    I suddenly feel way more motivated to work now that I have a concrete goal I have to achieve

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.