Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    I get that, too! I feel really jealous of all my friends (and twin brother!) at uni right now. It feels as though we have years to wait until October I'm probably mad, but I look forward to starting uni every day. No doubt I will see things differently once I am actually there haha.
    Yeah I am also really excited! I just think that once term starts I might get a bit less enthusiastic, what does your twin brother do? I'm pretty lucky in a sense, as I've only got 1 friend at uni and he still lives at home commuting to London, but a few of my really good mates have just moved to London to do an internships and I've also got a fair few travelling in various places so starting to feel a little bit jaded about being at home doing the same things in the same place.
    I would probably also be frustrated about how far away October is, but since I have exams (on which my offer depends) to study for in May/June it's actually a bit of a relief that I've got a while to prepare

(Original post by k.russell)
    Yeah I am also really excited! I just think that once term starts I might get a bit less enthusiastic, what does your twin brother do? I'm pretty lucky in a sense, as I've only got 1 friend at uni and he still lives at home commuting to London, but a few of my really good mates have just moved to London to do an internships and I've also got a fair few travelling in various places so starting to feel a little bit jaded about being at home doing the same things in the same place.
    I would probably also be frustrated about how far away October is, but since I have exams (on which my offer depends) to study for in May/June it's actually a bit of a relief that I've got a while to prepare
    My brother does Chemistry at Newcastle. So, he's a STEMmer - complete opposite of me!

What course/college is your offer for? Sorry, I don't keep up with this thread as much as I should. Did you take a year out to re do your A levels for Cambridge? Good luck for those exams!

ReputationRep:
    Peterhouse Perne Library:

Name:  Perne Library.jpg
Views: 106
Size:  93.5 KB

I am not worthy :adore:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)

You're doing law aren't you? The law section of the Peterhouse library is gorgeous

ReputationRep:

how gorgeous :daydreaming:
    tbh college libraries played a large factor in deciding which college I wanted to apply to haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    You're doing law aren't you? The law section of the Peterhouse library is gorgeous
    Yep, I am!

That's really lucky for me Hopefully I'll be spending a lot of time in the library so I'm glad it looks nice! I'll be sure to get a look on the open day.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed being treated differently at school now they've got their Cambridge offer?

No one at my school actually knows yet :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone noticed being treated differently at school now they've got their Cambridge offer?

All of the teachers who have found out have come up to me to congratulate me, as well as everyone in my year. It's quite an ego boost, but I can't get too cocky as I still need to get the grades ahaha

ReputationRep:

Didn't get 100% in a mock? "wow cambridge is gonna call u up and retract their offer" Didn't know the answer to a question? "wow even I knew that I should have applied to Cambridge" It's been 3 days and it's already getting old, it's going to be a long 5 months.... then again, they were like this before, so no change really haha.

How come you haven't told anyone? I came into class with a massive grin so didn't have much chance to hide it Not sure if I said already but congrats on the offer!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    Didn't get 100% in a mock? "wow cambridge is gonna call u up and retract their offer" Didn't know the answer to a question? "wow even I knew that I should have applied to Cambridge" It's been 3 days and it's already getting old, it's going to be a long 5 months.... then again, they were like this before, so no change really haha.

How come you haven't told anyone? I came into class with a massive grin so didn't have much chance to hide it Not sure if I said already but congrats on the offer!!
    Oh god yeah I had the same jokes from my rowing coach. He kept telling me Cambridge would never accept me if I can't even row in a straight line ahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Platopus)
    My brother does Chemistry at Newcastle. So, he's a STEMmer - complete opposite of me!

What course/college is your offer for? Sorry, I don't keep up with this thread as much as I should. Did you take a year out to re do your A levels for Cambridge? Good luck for those exams!
    haha I'm a STEMmer as well - BioNatSci at Girton. I'm not resitting anything - though I have had grade trouble as I didn't apply to any unis whilst at college due to kinda bad AS grades (not that I care anymore lol), I'm doing A level further maths in a gap year and need an A to meet my offer, which is obviously v light compared to most offers but it still feels a bit stressful because there's a lot on the line.

ReputationRep:

I've only told a handful of people, but it'll spread nonetheless.
    Look on the bright side: at least you don't have to wait until 2018 to (hopefully) study at Cambridge lol

ReputationRep:

not at all hahah everyone was super chill about it but it's probably because there are quite a few other successful applicants at my college

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by peachykeen)
    not at all hahah everyone was super chill about it but it's probably because there are quite a few other successful applicants at my college
    Ah I see, that perhaps diminished the celebrity factor lol. Or perhaps the offer-holders form a bourgeoisie over the others... :holmes:

I think I'm the only offer-holder at mine, out of 4 who applied.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    I don't really talk to anyone in sixth form haha. The only people I've told are two teachers.

Thanks, congrats on your offer too!

ReputationRep:
    My friends reactions have ranged from indifferent (not because they don't care, but because they thought I was a dead cert for Cambridge - they are not very academic people lol) to angry as I'm no longer going to London and won't be able to share a flat with them

ReputationRep:

I don't really wanna tell everyone since there's still a relatively high chance I won't actually make my offer

I know that, to a lot of my friends, me having an offer automatically means I'm going Cambridge which is definitely not the case

ReputationRep:
    The general reaction for me was 'Wow, that's amazing, we knew you'd do it all along, you just are so Cambridge'

Sounds adorable, until you remember after I felt I'd failed my interview they were all telling me 'Don't worry, Cambridge is full of weird people anyway' ... Heyo, I'm so Cambridge 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    A lot of the people I knew, including my boyfriend, had no real reaction because they 'knew' I was going to get in anyway. They all believed in me :moon:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:

I feel a sudden pressure to make sure I don't say anything wrong in class in case a teacher says 'lol wtf how did you get an offer from Cambridge?'

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 23, 2017
Poll
Black Friday: Yay or Nay?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.