Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lethani-af)
    I got A*A*AA as well :/
    Why do you think they've given you that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lethani-af)
    I got A*A*AA as well :/
    What course?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    not sure if this has already been asked but is there any way we can find out our admissions test scores?? i'm an offer holder just curious haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by damiansdaughter)
    not sure if this has already been asked but is there any way we can find out our admissions test scores?? i'm an offer holder just curious haha
    Ask your Director of Studies once/if you get in seems the only way

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    I can confirm that email is fine, though I've had some nice letters too (none handwritten yet).
    I might do a nice handwritten letter just for you thanks for the clarification!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I still can't believe it.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Fountain pen

(I'm honestly surprised no-one has done that - I know we are in the digital age but I'd have thought at least 1 offer holder would have. Indeed it's quicker to just put pen to paper for a quick "thank you" than type up and print a letter )

ReputationRep:
    With a feathered quill on a sheepskin parchment.

ReputationRep:
    This might not be the right place, but ah well.

This is going to sound really silly, but the more I think about Cambridge, the more terrified I get. I'm looking at myself critically, and without attempting to sound whiny or self-indulgent, I'm really worried that I'm not actually intelligent enough to be at Cambridge. I'm beyond happy to have an offer but I can't help but feel a sense of, I don't know, just generally not being good enough?

Is anyone else experiencing post-offer imposter syndrome? I want to talk to someone about it, but anything I say makes me sound ungrateful for the privileges I've received in my life.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Fountain pen

(I'm honestly surprised no-one has done that - I know we are in the digital age but I'd have thought at least 1 offer holder would have. Indeed it's quicker to just put pen to paper for a quick "thank you" than type up and print a letter )
    I'm going to write a pretty letter although I don't own a fountain pen! So one offer holder will do it the old fashioned way
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    With a feathered quill on a sheepskin parchment.
    :lol: beautiful

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)

This is going to sound really silly, but the more I think about Cambridge, the more terrified I get. I'm looking at myself critically, and without attempting to sound whiny or self-indulgent, I'm really worried that I'm not actually intelligent enough to be at Cambridge. I'm beyond happy to have an offer but I can't help but feel a sense of, I don't know, just generally not being good enough?

Is anyone else experiencing post-offer imposter syndrome? I want to talk to someone about it, but anything I say makes me sound ungrateful for the privileges I've received in my life.
    No no don't worry, me too, I totally get you TAT
    I guess the straight forward answer would just be, they offered you a place because they are professionals who gauge your ability to be suitable for Cambridge. But don't worry, you're not alone in this
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)

(Original post by Titania_Fleuret_)
    No no don't worry, me too, I totally get you TAT
    I guess the straight forward answer would just be, they offered you a place because they are professionals who gauge your ability to be suitable for Cambridge. But don't worry, you're not alone in this
    Definitely not uncommon - see pamplemousse.'s post here and the follow-up replies
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho...postcount=4519
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    I'll look forward to it - good practice for Tripos!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Attachment 612772
    how's this for the bridge of meme
    You're on Memebridge dude: 293 likes

https://www.facebook.com/memebridgem...type=3&theater
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    I'll look forward to it - good practice for Tripos!
    If I get the grades 🙈 I started proper revision on Thursday.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    You're on Memebridge dude: 293 likes

https://www.facebook.com/memebridgem...type=3&theater
    I know!!!!!!!!!:woo:
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    745 likes now. Bingo!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

#goalz

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Wooo!!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.