Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Good to see some sensible posts in this thread at last...

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)

Posted from TSR Mobile
    What is even going on? The thread has slowly been turning to trash since decision day...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    What is even going on? The thread has slowly been turning to trash since decision day...
    Cuz I'm not here xD

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Darth_Narwhale)
    tbf I haven't been following this thread closely and probably judged him far too quickly. I take back what I said :P
    what's it like being a natscimo at cambridge?
    Spoiler:
    Show

just kidding but I am quite interested in your thoughts in the course x
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador

Posted from TSR Mobile
    XD
    Attached Images

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I love this thread. I love these people. But you have people coming through the hyperlinks that are from all over. And they're bad. They're really bad.

You have people coming in, and I'm not just saying from Oxford - I'm talking about people that are from all over that are spammers and infants, and they're coming into this thread.

When Oxford sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending mathmos. They’re not sending natmos. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing spam. They’re bringing cringe. They’re idiots. And some, I assume, are good people.

Lets build a wall around Oxford, and make them pay for it!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    (Original post by Mathemagicien)
    I love this thread. I love these people. But you have people coming through the hyperlinks that are from all over. And they're bad. They're really bad.

You have people coming in, and I'm not just saying from Oxford - I'm talking about people that are from all over that are spammers and infants, and they're coming into this thread.

When Oxford sends its people, they’re not sending their best. They’re not sending mathmos. They’re not sending natmos. They’re sending people that have lots of problems, and they’re bringing those problems with us. They’re bringing spam. They’re bringing cringe. They’re idiots. And some, I assume, are good people.

Lets build a wall around Oxford, and make them pay for it!
    PRSOM

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    what's it like being a natscimo at cambridge?
    Spoiler:
    Show

just kidding but I am quite interested in your thoughts in the course x

Haha, I do really enjoy the course. It's very labour intensive in first year because you do four subjects to a pretty high level, so you have a very busy timetable. This year I've narrowed do to just physics basically, so, while the timetable is still a bit hectic, at least it doesn't involve any chemistry...

ReputationRep:
    i have an unconditional offer (i finished my alevels) and i'm an EU student so i'm trying to book flight tickets before they become way too expensive. The cambridge website says that term starts on the 3rd of Oct. Does anyone know when are we expected to arrive (in order to attend freshers week as well)?

(Original post by theo.515)
    i have an unconditional offer (i finished my alevels) and i'm an EU student so i'm trying to book flight tickets before they become way too expensive. The cambridge website says that term starts on the 3rd of Oct. Does anyone know when are we expected to arrive (in order to attend freshers week as well)?
    I think international students can arrive earlier - iirc, there is a window for international students covering a few days before Term starts (remember also that Term starts before Full Term).

3rd October I think is when Full Term starts, but freshers week starts before that.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    what the actual hell is going on guys
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Community Assistant
    Political Ambassador
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    what the actual hell is going on guys
    People are mad, then trolled then memes then seriousness again

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    In all likelihood the Saturday before term starts, though international students may be allowed to come earlier to settle into the country.

ReputationRep:
    at least it doesn't involve any chemistry...
    u wot m8

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I do really enjoy the course. It's very labour intensive in first year because you do four subjects to a pretty high level, so you have a very busy timetable. This year I've narrowed do to just physics basically, so, while the timetable is still a bit hectic, at least it doesn't involve any chemistry...
    I see I'm a biologist myself so the only course we'd have in common would be chemistry and it doesn't seem like you'd give it a rave review lol
    Busy/hectic definitely seems to be the most common thing people are saying.. Should be fun

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bunratty)
    Is Mathemagicien a fruitcake troll? Or a very bored maths student?
    Ive met him irl. I see him in lectures so i guess hes real.

ReputationRep:
    Colleges have slight variations for the day they want their international freshers to arrive. So you should ask your own college directly. It's usually a few days before they want uk freshers to arrive which is usually during the weekend (or Friday before with a few colleges) before the freshers week starts.
    So it'll about a week or so before the freshers week you need to arrive. But only your own college's knows the exact day.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsmaths)
    Ive met him irl. I see him in lectures so i guess hes real.
    He is a meme

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    u wot m8
    fight me

(Original post by k.russell)
    I see I'm a biologist myself so the only course we'd have in common would be chemistry and it doesn't seem like you'd give it a rave review lol
    Busy/hectic definitely seems to be the most common thing people are saying.. Should be fun
    yeah I don't really know much about bionatsci life, the presence of essays could make it a very different experience...

ReputationRep:
    As DD is rather fond of dance, we've booked tickets to Cambridge Ballet Club's show in a couple of weeks time. We note with amusement that vlogger "vegan holly" is in the show. What interesting forms celebrity takes these days!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.