Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Hey fellow piano player! 🙋 when did you start learning?

Also when I was at Selwyn for interview I ended up talking to this music student who had a grand piano in his room. A grand piano!!! And he said he got offered it because the organ scholar didn't want it! Crazy organ scholar!!
    That would be AMAZING!! I didn't know pianos in rooms was a thing

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Can you source that post please.
    Haven't seen the removed post but probably: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1236...4778101601953/ that's the only list I know of

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yeah the only reason I asked was cos I knew King's had rooms which had pianos. I would love to have one in my room, the practice rooms in King's feels like you're in a underground bunker :lol:
    FWIW, two people I know in my year (studying History and Economics respectively) managed to end up with pianos in their rooms next year.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by NeverLucky)
    It's a shame, if I started piano a year or two earlier, I might have been able to apply for the music scholarship you kappa
    loool :console:

ReputationRep:
    Now there's a question... I started in year 2 so 11 years I think? Cor blimey.

I can totally relate with the practising thing though, last year I did my grade 8 and just couldn't find the time to practise so ended up barely scraping a pass lmao, I don't think I'd get very far with the instrumental awards
    Yeah the same happened to me. I got a pass but my teacher was really expecting a mid-high merit

ReputationRep:
    Name:  tumbleweed-gif-2.gif
Views: 87
Size:  365.3 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Name:  tumbleweed-gif-2.gif
Views: 87
Size:  365.3 KB
    Haha, yeah pretty much

What happened to all the banter 😭
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    xxx
    Where/what is this?

Name:  1488905062324.jpg
Views: 90
Size:  119.6 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Haha, yeah pretty much

What happened to all the banter 😭
    :work::work::work:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    :work::work::work:
    work werk werq

ReputationRep:
    work werk werq
    If we work, work
    There'll be no doubt
    We can still save the summer
    If we work this out!

ReputationRep:
    Doonesbury,

I have a question relating to student finance, and I think you're kind of the right person to ask.

I still have my SFE login from last year (as I should), and for the 2016/2017 application it says "application withdrawn" (as it should). Given that I have to create a whole new application for 2017/2018, is it possible to translate all the details I've entered for the 2016/2017 application since they haven't really changed at all? Otherwise, it would be so god damn tedious for me and my parents to have to find proof-of-address letters for the last 3-4 years once again..

I asked my school and they recommended me to contact the SFE. Do you think I should do that, or is there a better way? Is the first telephone number from https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england all right?
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Insight314)
    Doonesbury,

I have a question relating to student finance, and I think you're kind of the right person to ask.

I still have my SFE login from last year (as I should), and for the 2016/2017 application it says "application withdrawn" (as it should). Given that I have to create a whole new application for 2017/2018, is it possible to translate all the details I've entered for the 2016/2017 application since they haven't really changed at all? Otherwise, it would be so god damn tedious for me and my parents to have to find proof-of-address letters for the last 3-4 years once again..

I asked my school and they recommended me to contact the SFE. Do you think I should do that, or is there a better way? Is the first telephone number from https://www.gov.uk/contact-student-finance-england all right?
    Yeah I dunno the intracacies of SFE... definitely best to call them.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Yeah I dunno the intracacies of SFE... definitely best to call them.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh, right. Thanks anyway, gonna call them tomorrow!

ReputationRep:
    Just to make sure: can I apply both for SFE and SAAS (if I have my firm in England and insurance in Scotland/the other way round)? Or am I allowed to apply only to one? (EU applicant)
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zpx)
    Just to make sure: can I apply both for SFE and SAAS (if I have my firm in England and insurance in Scotland/the other way round)? Or am I allowed to apply only to one? (EU applicant)
    I *think* you apply to both. But maybe ask in the SAAS forum.
    https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=900

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Cambridge just fell from #1 to #5 position for mathematics, that's even below Oxford! Da*** just happened hahahaha

(Original post by Student1256)
      Cambridge just fell from #1 to #5 position for mathematics, that's even below Oxford! Da*** just happened hahahaha
      This is FAKE NEWS! Sad. Trump University #1! Other Unis LOW ENERGY!

Alternative facts. Oxford hackers.

From what I can tell, it appears to be because Oxford has slightly more citations per paper, more postgraduates and staff, and more international students and staff.

But our academic reputation is 98 to Oxford's 96.4, and employer reputation is 99.9 to Oxford's 99.6.

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...-cambridge#sub

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Mathemagicien)
      This is FAKE NEWS! Sad. Trump University #1! Other Unis LOW ENERGY!

Alternative facts. Oxford hackers.

From what I can tell, it appears to be because Oxford has slightly more citations per paper, more postgraduates and staff, and more international students and staff.

But our academic reputation is 98 to Oxford's 96.4, and employer reputation is 99.9 to Oxford's 99.6.

https://www.topuniversities.com/univ...-cambridge#sub

I'm just happy because this means less competition as a prospective reapplicant haha

And you're not helping so shhhhh

*yells* CAMBRIDGE SUCKS NOW, EVERYONE SHOULD APPLY TO OXFORD NEXT YEAR

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by Student1256)
      Damn, which league table is this?!

1. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

2. Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  3. See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

4. The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.