Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by threeportdrift)
    Three very happy years doing a PhD there. In fact, I started off in a very sad place, and they fixed it (lots of people in College helped), so I have a soft spot for them. I now work nearby and divert to walk past on purpose sometimes - especially when the cherries are in bloom (ie last Friday!).
    Oh I'm glad to hear they helped you and that you were happy there, and also that you can keep visiting. I've heard so much good about Selwyn And yes, I've been following them on social media recently (essentially the only reason I have Facebook) and the blossoms are gorgeous! The ones up here haven't blossomed yet, they're usually a bit late 😐
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I went to my form tutor for some extra like help with insurance bc I'm still not 100% certain and he asked in an unsure tone "is your firm Oxford?" And I was like no it's the other one
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    I went to my form tutor for some extra like help with insurance bc I'm still not 100% certain and he asked in an unsure tone "is your firm Oxford?" And I was like no it's the other one
    Brookes?

• Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Doonesbury)
    Brookes?

Yup :yep: how'd you know?? )

ReputationRep:
    In theory they can see how close by comparing your raw marks with the published exam board grade boundaries.

But it remains to be seen if they will ask for raw marks in the same way they used to ask for UMS on Results Day from any near miss offer holders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Ohh fair enough

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    In theory they can see how close by comparing your raw marks with the published exam board grade boundaries.

But it remains to be seen if they will ask for raw marks in the same way they used to ask for UMS on Results Day from any near miss offer holders.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    The grade boundaries for my AS History were like 80% for an A but that was without the coursework and third exam with extra content hopefully it'll be lower slightly when all that other stuff is taken into account but even if it isn't I've been trying really hard

My main worries are with my two English subjects because the marking is so temperamental

ReputationRep:
    I've firmed

See you all in October!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    I've firmed

See you all in October!!
    Yay!

Which university?

ReputationRep:
    Yay!

Which university?

Cambridge I decided I had nothing to lose.
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    :rofl:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by rayofsunshine98)
    Cambridge I decided I had nothing to lose.
    :woo::yep:

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    As if I failed my driving test - got 5 minors and one serious, which was for not moving into the centre of a junction to turn right when the main light was green, the filter arrow was off and there was traffic coming the other way. Gutted 😢
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    As if I failed my driving test - got 5 minors and one serious, which was for not moving into the centre of a junction to turn right when the main light was green, the filter arrow was off and there was traffic coming the other way. Gutted 😢
    All the best drivers fail first time around

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    I can't wait walk again pretty bad disability flare up English Language essay on Friday and I'm stressing hahahaha

On the bright side I did two English Lit essays

1. A*
    2. Completely unfinished kinda rushed it and ran out of time but got a B (did one point and analysed like two quotes) and was one mark off an A

ReputationRep:
    Someone in the offer holders fb group said that their offer is A*A*A*A*A* (for ANSC)...my offer suddenly sounds easier to achieve.
    However...how is that even possible? Or is it a joke? lol
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zpx)
    Or is it a joke?
    ^this.

ReputationRep:
    All the best drivers fail first time around

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Oh jneill, why do you hate me so
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Oh jneill, why do you hate me so
    ?

(I passed first time )

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zpx)
    Someone in the offer holders fb group said that their offer is A*A*A*A*A* (for ANSC)...my offer suddenly sounds easier to achieve.
    Probs not a joke. I have a friend with an offer A*A*A*A* for NS from a below average secondary school.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by zpx)
    That makes my A*A*A History offer seem like a walk in the park :eek:

If it isn't a joke, do Cambridge honestly expect that to be achievable??

BTW guys, just about to firm!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.