Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Can I be pregnant? Watch

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I know some of you may say I'm over-panicking but I can't do anything about it.

My boyfriend and I had a bit of playing around, straight off I will say we didn't have sex (I'm still a virgin). However, he did finger and lick me out and we had "dry sex" (basically we were on each other but through clothes (not just underwear). I didn't have any direct contact with precum or sperm, unless he had any on his underwear when we were having dry sex but still it would have to pass through his undies, trousers, my trousers and my undies...

We played around like this for nearly 3 days (Around evening of day 1 and till afternoon of day 3). I roughly calculated the hours and it was around 60 hours so I thought I should take the morning after pill just in case but althought you can take it until 72hours, it becomes much more less effective the later you take it.

I was finishing my period when he came around on the first day therefore technically I should ovulate the earlies around 8 days after (I'm not so sure about this one though) so I was thinking that it must impossible as sperm can live up to five days (even though I didn't have sex but just in case it somehow travelled that far)...

I took the morning after pill 5 days ago and yesterday I had some small amounts of brown spotting which really scared me and today I woke up to a much larger amount of red blood rather than the brown spotting which freaked me out even more as apparently bleeding is one of the first signs of pregnancy?

Sorry for such a long story... I know that I won't find doctors on here but I was hoping maybe you guys could help me whether I'm just being paranoid because bleeding is also a common side effect of the morning after pill... Thanks.

ReputationRep:
    No, you are not pregnant. I'm surprised they even gave you the morning after pill without having had sex or even any obvious contact with sperm. It is well known that the MAP messes up your cycle, and implantation bleeding is much rarer than people would have you believe.

Get clued up about contraception so that you don't have to worry about it in the future!

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry, I also took the day after pill a couple times and had some spotting after that. And I'm not pregnant! Plus, it's basically impossible for you to have gotten pregnant just by that!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Helenia)
    No, you are not pregnant. I'm surprised they even gave you the morning after pill without having had sex or even any obvious contact with sperm. It is well known that the MAP messes up your cycle, and implantation bleeding is much rarer than people would have you believe.

Get clued up about contraception so that you don't have to worry about it in the future!
    Thanks. I didn't know we would go that far therefore I didn't have any contraception, thanks for the reply though
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Weayo)
    Hi, I know some of you may say I'm over-panicking but I can't do anything about it.

My boyfriend and I had a bit of playing around, straight off I will say we didn't have sex (I'm still a virgin). However, he did finger and lick me out and we had "dry sex" (basically we were on each other but through clothes (not just underwear). I didn't have any direct contact with precum or sperm, unless he had any on his underwear when we were having dry sex but still it would have to pass through his undies, trousers, my trousers and my undies...

We played around like this for nearly 3 days (Around evening of day 1 and till afternoon of day 3). I roughly calculated the hours and it was around 60 hours so I thought I should take the morning after pill just in case but althought you can take it until 72hours, it becomes much more less effective the later you take it.

I was finishing my period when he came around on the first day therefore technically I should ovulate the earlies around 8 days after (I'm not so sure about this one though) so I was thinking that it must impossible as sperm can live up to five days (even though I didn't have sex but just in case it somehow travelled that far)...

I took the morning after pill 5 days ago and yesterday I had some small amounts of brown spotting which really scared me and today I woke up to a much larger amount of red blood rather than the brown spotting which freaked me out even more as apparently bleeding is one of the first signs of pregnancy?

Sorry for such a long story... I know that I won't find doctors on here but I was hoping maybe you guys could help me whether I'm just being paranoid because bleeding is also a common side effect of the morning after pill... Thanks.
    It would seem incredibly unlikely that you were pregnant especially considering you took the morning after pill, it's possible the morning after pill has messed your cycle up a bit. Give it a couple of weeks and take a pregnancy test if you're that concerned, it could be a good idea to make an appointment for some kind of contraception considering your anxiety of becoming pregnant.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by _vicc)
    Don't worry, I also took the day after pill a couple times and had some spotting after that. And I'm not pregnant! Plus, it's basically impossible for you to have gotten pregnant just by that!
    Thanks, makes me feel a bit better knowing others experience it too.

no real sex = no chance of a baby

seriously what are they not teaching you kids in school?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by claireestelle)
    It would seem incredibly unlikely that you were pregnant especially considering you took the morning after pill, it's possible the morning after pill has messed your cycle up a bit. Give it a couple of weeks and take a pregnancy test if you're that concerned, it could be a good idea to make an appointment for some kind of contraception considering your anxiety of becoming pregnant.
    Thanks so much, I'm planning on doing so but got my mocks on the way so I will do it right after.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    no real sex = no chance of a baby

seriously what are they not teaching you kids in school?!
    Well, I was told that you don't need to have real sex in order to get pregnant if somehow sperm gets in contact with your vagina... I'm not a doctor though.

Woooooow some overthinking here. :rofl: It is seriously incredibly unlikely you could be pregnant.

ReputationRep:
      nope

ReputationRep:
      (Original post by littlenorthernlass)
      Woooooow some overthinking here. :rofl: It is seriously incredibly unlikely you could be pregnant.
      I know I know, I'm just being paranoid... I think it's the fact that my mocks are starting off tomorrow and I just can't focus at all! so sorry... I am overthinking a lot.
      • Political Ambassador

Oh my god I don't even want to know how much overthinking you're going to do when you actually have real sex.

(Original post by Weayo)
        Well, I was told that you don't need to have real sex in order to get pregnant if somehow sperm gets in contact with your vagina... I'm not a doctor though.
        This is true, but the chances of the sperm getting through your clothes and your knickers and then into your vagina... lol.
        • Section Leader
        • Very Important Poster
        • Peer Support Volunteers
        • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by Weayo)
        Thanks so much, I'm planning on doing so but got my mocks on the way so I will do it right after.
        Many places have sexual health clinics these days so you wouldnt even need an appointment at your GP

ReputationRep:
        60 hours of dry humping is a feat in itself. Wow.

If he has *** at all, and for his sake I really do hope he did somewhere alongside the way, sheesh, and he is fingering you, it isn't not impossible that he could inadvertently introduce sperm into your vagina.

However, having take the morning after pill (morning after 60 hours of dry humping in this case) it is almost impossible that you are pregnant.

Spotting is due to the pill. Not a baby.

ReputationRep:
        Taking the morning after pill when you haven't even had sex is going to do more harm than good tbh.
        Cause there's no way you're pregnant but then you're putting a large dose of hormones in your body which will just screw with your cycle and then stress you out when your period is late even though its only late because of the MAP.

ReputationRep:
        It would be an immaculate conception if you were

ReputationRep:
        You're not pregnant.

What I want to know is why you allegedly had dry sex for 60 hours?

ReputationRep:
        (Original post by SpiritSharD)
        You're not pregnant.

What I want to know is why you allegedly had dry sex for 60 hours?
        Don't get me wrong, we didn't have it constantly for 60 hours but sometime during these 60 hours.

Submit reply
      TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 8, 2017
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
      What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
      Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.