Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by gameofno)
    yeahhh its pretty fun but not when im alone all the time lol. i guess its a lot but its bc all the rooms have their own toilet + toilet near the pool, the living room, the gym etc.
    Oh my gosh right I guess makes sense ; I love how you just thrown in that your house has a gym too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Harold98)
    We couldn't afford to go to private school and my parents didn't feel that the benefits outweighed the fees.
    When you say you couldn't afford it, do you mean your parents weren't earning enough at the time to be able to pay for it, or that they have other expenditures that have to come first?

I know several people with children who earn the same sort of amount who send all their kids to private school, so I'm just a little surprised to hear that it was unaffordable.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jammy Duel)
    state school=/=worse than private. It can and often is, but is not a given unless we're talking about the old public schools.
    I know that.

I was just asking why his parents chose state school instead of private. He's replied that it was to do with the high cost of private schools rather than his state school being better.

Although in the city I come from, it's a pretty well established fact that the best performing schools academically are mostly grammar schools.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by fefssdf)
    Oh my gosh right I guess makes sense ; I love how you just thrown in that your house has a gym too
    hahahha its not unusual where i live!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tazarooni89)
    When you say you couldn't afford it, do you mean your parents weren't earning enough at the time to be able to pay for it, or that they have other expenditures that have to come first?

I know several people with children who earn the same sort of amount who send all their kids to private school, so I'm just a little surprised to hear that it was unaffordable.
    We didn't feel that its was worth the money, we would have been able to pay but it would take up a lot of our income. I personally think I wouldn't have benefited from a private education. I got into a good uni, got good A Levels and enjoyed my time at school so I'm pretty happy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bigpaddy27)
    My dad owns a company and earns between 20-30 grand each month. I go to a state school though, however he has instead given me several opportunities in order to give me life experiences and we have been to many parts of the world.
    I agree, interesting life experiences trumps spending £££ on private education in my opinion

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.