Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Anyone play basketball aroun here? Watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by UWS)
    Yes but I'm pretty short so i use a hoop for kids.
    :rofl: im only 5'3 just about reach the rim if i try and jump high enough:lol:

(Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Hahaha I am really excited for the trade deadline hype!
    oooh me too!!! did you hear about the Krover trade?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by CleverSquirrel)
    :rofl: im only 5'3 just about reach the rim if i try and jump high enough:lol:

oooh me too!!! did you hear about the Krover trade?
    The korver trade is pretty insane (and he's going to sit on the bench too...)

ReputationRep:
    The korver trade is pretty insane (and he's going to sit on the bench too...)
    i reckon its going to work out fine! his 3s are pretty damn good ngl!

do you think so? :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

i reckon its going to work out fine! his 3s are pretty damn good ngl!

do you think so? :rofl:
    It's gonna work out great for the Cavs, can't believe the GM pulled it off.

Yeah, Lue already said he's going to start Liggins over Korver.

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna work out great for the Cavs, can't believe the GM pulled it off.

Yeah, Lue already said he's going to start Liggins over Korver.
    i know right?!

though i think he'll do better on court imo!
    didnt Lue say he will come off the bench and Liggins will stay starter because he 'likes the way Liggins defends opposing point guards' ?

Lue called Korver one of the three best shooters coming off screens which technically groups him with the Warriors’ tandem of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson? dont you think?

isnt Smith leaving the Cavs because of a thumb fracture?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

i know right?!

though i think he'll do better on court imo!
    didnt Lue say he will come off the bench and Liggins will stay starter because he 'likes the way Liggins defends opposing point guards' ?

Lue called Korver one of the three best shooters coming off screens which technically groups him with the Warriors’ tandem of Steph Curry and Klay Thompson? dont you think?

isnt Smith leaving the Cavs because of a thumb fracture?
    Quite honestly, I agree with Lue's decision. Korver will definitely get an extended run with the starters tho. And he'll strengthen the bench team immensely.

I agree with Lue's assessment of Korver, but he is regressing.

Idk about Smith...

ReputationRep:
    Quite honestly, I agree with Lue's decision. Korver will definitely get an extended run with the starters tho. And he'll strengthen the bench team immensely.

I agree with Lue's assessment of Korver, but he is regressing.

Idk about Smith...
    i guess so? he'll definately strenghten the team though- thats true!

hmm i guess, he's regressing, even on offense
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

i guess so? he'll definately strenghten the team though- thats true!

hmm i guess, he's regressing, even on offense
    Definitely! but his defense was never the best.

ReputationRep:
    Definitely! but his defense was never the best.
    Do you think its because hes small? or just bad practice?
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

Do you think its because hes small? or just bad practice?
    I think he spent more time perfecting the craft of shooting rather than practicing defense.

ReputationRep:
    I think he spent more time perfecting the craft of shooting rather than practicing defense.
    thats actually a very good point!! they all ned to practice in all areas! :yep:

saying that im crap in defence haha
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

thats actually a very good point!! they all ned to practice in all areas! :yep:

saying that im crap in defence haha
    My friends only play with me because I play good defence... otherwise I would be the last one picked in all cases

They always make me guard the most annoying guy with good handles...

Yeah but I guess when you play to such a high level... focusing on one part of your craft to make yourself useful for the team and to survive is not such a bad thing

ReputationRep:
    My friends only play with me because I play good defence... otherwise I would be the last one picked in all cases

They always make me guard the most annoying guy with good handles...

Yeah but I guess when you play to such a high level... focusing on one part of your craft to make yourself useful for the team and to survive is not such a bad thing
    ahh i see- you can see how my defence will be crappy haha

i guess so! my handling is quite good, cross-overs are my fav, breaking ankles of the guys towering over you is quite fun ngl :rofl: but mainly that and shooting are my strong points- only reason i got on the teams.

butttt yeah youre right! :yep:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ahh i see- you can see how my defence will be crappy haha

i guess so! my handling is quite good, cross-overs are my fav, breaking ankles of the guys towering over you is quite fun ngl :rofl: but mainly that and shooting are my strong points- only reason i got on the teams.

butttt yeah youre right! :yep:
    The NBA is such a competitive league that if you aren't a star player, you have to be extremely good at one or two areas such as rebounding and defence etc... for you to be able to survive as a role player... people like Jimmer Fredette died because he wasn't consistent enough in any field.

So you are the annoying guy with good handles :rofl: I do not get a lot of steals and blocks but I foul and pester the guy so much that they don't score... but I do get ankle broken every once and a while

ReputationRep:
    The NBA is such a competitive league that if you aren't a star player, you have to be extremely good at one or two areas such as rebounding and defence etc... for you to be able to survive as a role player... people like Jimmer Fredette died because he wasn't consistent enough in any field.

So you are the annoying guy with good handles :rofl: I do not get a lot of steals and blocks but I foul and pester the guy so much that they don't score... but I do get ankle broken every once and a while
    yeah thats soo true!

hahahaha annoying girl* i play in the guys team- loooonnngggg strory but they let me play in games with them!

hahaha and yep! i am- not may can steal when i have the ball
    its fun breaking ankles- theres some sort of satisfication that i get from it- especially when its guys who underestimate me :rolleyes::rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

yeah thats soo true!

hahahaha annoying girl* i play in the guys team- loooonnngggg strory but they let me play in games with them!

hahaha and yep! i am- not may can steal when i have the ball
    its fun breaking ankles- theres some sort of satisfication that i get from it- especially when its guys who underestimate me :rolleyes::rofl:
    Loool I call all people guys, even girls a lot of the time Cool you must be hella good then

I can definitely not steal from you... my on ball defense is good when I do not try and reach for the steal. hahaha definitely, but the person who's ankles got broken can't be too upset because there is still a game to play (or channel your anger into defensive plays )

ReputationRep:
    Loool I call all people guys, even girls a lot of the time Cool you must be hella good then

I can definitely not steal from you... my on ball defense is good when I do not try and reach for the steal. hahaha definitely, but the person who's ankles got broken can't be too upset because there is still a game to play (or channel your anger into defensive plays )
    :rofl::rofl:

kinda? i made it into the team so ya'know

mate- you'd be crippled :rofl: Normally the guys on the other arnt expecting it and then BAM theyll be on the floor :rofl:

haha very very well said!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

:rofl::rofl:

kinda? i made it into the team so ya'know

mate- you'd be crippled :rofl: Normally the guys on the other arnt expecting it and then BAM theyll be on the floor :rofl:

haha very very well said!
    That's great

:rofl: I am sure I will be. I play high stamina defense so like Draymond Green except I don't have that much stamina. My defense loses effectiveness after a quarter of non stop play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    ooh thats cool!
    Did you have trials? What position do you play?
    i have to point guard hahaha - im only 5'3 :lol:
    I play center as I'm kinda tall :teehee:

ReputationRep:
    That's great

:rofl: I am sure I will be. I play high stamina defense so like Draymond Green except I don't have that much stamina. My defense loses effectiveness after a quarter of non stop play.

Posted from TSR Mobile

hahaha how long o you last for in a normal game?

i can make it to the 3rd quater without dying haha :rofl:
    i get tired after that and slowly start not caring :rofl: thats when i get put on the bench :lol:

so i play for the first quarter and then the last when they need me :yep:

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 21, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources

Quick link:

Unanswered sport threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.