Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hello! I have my primary education interview at Northumbria on the 16th of January and was wondering if anyone could give me any tips and know what questions will come up? Im a little worried about what the reading and maths is going to be? If its hard and what kind of things you have to do?

It would help so much!!! x

ReputationRep:
    omg I also have an interview tomorrow at northumbria!! I have no clue what the reading and maths is going to be on, and would love a heads up aswel!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sharmin21297)
    omg I also have an interview tomorrow at northumbria!! I have no clue what the reading and maths is going to be on, and would love a heads up aswel!!
    Apparently the reading is about reading a book and planning a lesson about it or something along them lines! So nervous !

ReputationRep:
    I'm really nervous aswell! Good luck to you, i probably see you tomorrow haha! x

ReputationRep:
    Hi, I am just wondering how the interview was, I have one on the 16th February. I am really nervous and don't know what to expect. I hope your interview went well too! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, dont be nervous, everyone was so friendly!! My interview went well thank you, be prepared to read a children's story book in a small group and have to present how you would read it infront of two interviewers. Then they asked us on what we would do after we had read the book with children and just talk about stuff like asking the children if they could relate and how they felt about the book.
    After that they presented a worksheet done by a child and they asked us to evaluate it in smaller groups then we had to feed back on what we thought about the specific worksheet.
    Then at the end the individual interview wasn't too bad, be prepared to tell them what in the course may be an obstacle for you as i struggled to think of something which wasnt too major hahahaha
    Hoped this helped and GOOD LUCKKK! xx

ReputationRep:
    Hey, dont be nervous, everyone was so friendly!! My interview went well thank you, be prepared to read a children's story book in a small group and have to present how you would read it infront of two interviewers. Then they asked us on what we would do after we had read the book with children and just talk about stuff like asking the children if they could relate and how they felt about the book.
    After that they presented a worksheet done by a child and they asked us to evaluate it in smaller groups then we had to feed back on what we thought about the specific worksheet.
    Then at the end the individual interview wasn't too bad, be prepared to tell them what in the course may be an obstacle for you as i struggled to think of something which wasnt too major hahahaha
    Thank you! It doesn't sound too bad, what did you were because I have no clue what i am going to wear aha, is Northumbria your first choice? xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyhen94)
    Thank you! It doesn't sound too bad, what did you were because I have no clue what i am going to wear aha, is Northumbria your first choice? xx
    I wore a dress with a suit Jacket, tights and flats! They don't really look at that but just wear something smart but not too much. Like trousers and a nice blous or black skirt with a nice too and jacket! Don't worry, the more you work yourself up the more you stumble! Just be you and it will work out! X

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Longlegs99)
    I wore a dress with a suit Jacket, tights and flats! They don't really look at that but just wear something smart but not too much. Like trousers and a nice blous or black skirt with a nice too and jacket! Don't worry, the more you work yourself up the more you stumble! Just be you and it will work out! X
    Yeah i was going to wear a blouse because i want to make a good impression, Northumbria is my first choice aha. Where else have you applied? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amyhen94)
    Yeah i was going to wear a blouse because i want to make a good impression, Northumbria is my first choice aha. Where else have you applied? x
    Yeah that would look good! I have applied to Leeds, Manchester, Durham and York aswell, what about you? Northumbria and Durham are my first choices 😬 X

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to Manchester and york Aswell!! Got my york interview this Monday!!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah that would look good! I have applied to Leeds, Manchester, Durham and York aswell, what about you? Northumbria and Durham are my first choices 😬 X
    I have applied to Sunderland, York, Sheffield and Leeds. I really want to go to Northumbria as I wouldn't have to move too far away, and the course itself looks really good aha x

ReputationRep:
    HI i have my interview tomorrow and this may sound like a silly question but is there anything i need to take with me other than ID?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendonald)
    HI i have my interview tomorrow and this may sound like a silly question but is there anything i need to take with me other than ID?
    They only ask for your id but you had anything you wanted to take then do so but they don't really look for that. They mainly were testing you on how you are as a person. I think this interview was more about personality x

ReputationRep:
    They only ask for your id but you had anything you wanted to take then do so but they don't really look for that. They mainly were testing you on how you are as a person. I think this interview was more about personality x
    ah, i just wasn't sure as I seen a few threads for other places where you had to take your own book to read, where the questions just typical? were there any that caught you off guard? also was there a maths activity? and if so was it hard? sorry for the questions, Northumbria is my first choice so I'm super nervous.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by laurendonald)
    ah, i just wasn't sure as I seen a few threads for other places where you had to take your own book to read, where the questions just typical? were there any that caught you off guard? also was there a maths activity? and if so was it hard? sorry for the questions, Northumbria is my first choice so I'm super nervous.
    Questions wise, everyone got asked different questions but they were just about teaching and your experience,no none of it was hard! Don't worry! It was like having a general conversation! It's the same with me but I got overly nervous and don't think I did great 😕 Just try and keep calm x

ReputationRep:
    Hi guys! Hope all your interviews have gone well. I had my interview for Northumbria in early December and thankfully received my offer. I found Northumbria to be the most relaxed interview of the three that I did! Don't be worrying if they said it could take weeks to hear back... it won't. I had my offer within 36 hours. They tell admissions their decision that day and them it's up to admissions to update ucas. Im coming over from Northern Ireland and I'm freaking out about places to live!! If any of you are gonna choose Northumbria as your firm decision can you get back to me about where you're planning to live, like halls or private rents! Would gladly appreciate it! To those who haven't done their interview yet.... RELAX. They want to see the real you so let them see that! X

ReputationRep:
    I'm so nervous! I had my interview and it went really bad as I was stuttering all my words! How long after do you hear back? I had mine the 16th? X

ReputationRep:
    You'll have done better than you think you have. They tell you a reply can take anything from 1-3 weeks, but they like to keep you informed of their decision as quickly as possible. I haven't found anyone else doing PGCE Primary at Northumbria next year yet and I'm getting nervous!!

ReputationRep:

Hi, I just wanted to ask if the worksheet by the child, was the maths activity?

Thanks.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.