Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Had sex WITH PROTECTION, almost 4 weeks ago, and my boyfriend said used it 100 %.

Haven't had my period since then and usually wouldn't worry as my periods are really irregular anyway.

Have been under serious amounts of stress with my degree and revision for the past 3 weeks however, but noticed only today one of my boobs feels a bit sore on the side, not much, i've had it before, before a period (although since waking it seems to be getting less sore). Also notice i have a bit of the sniffles the past 2 days.

I'm so worried right now, I'm only 20 and always so safe? I can't really get a test as at home with my parents but can't stop thinking about it, and freaking out!

Please help!
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    You most likely aren't pregnant but I fell pregnant while using contraceptives so there's always a small risk. The only way to know for sure would be to take a take. A test would show an accurate result now that it's been four weeks since you had sex. I know it can be a little tricky doing a test at home in secret when you live with family but it's the only way to put your mind at rest for sure if your period doesn't come in the next few days. You could always take a test at a friends house?

I had no symptoms of being pregnant other than a missed period.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I doubt that you are pregnant but no contraceptive is 100% as I'm sure you're already aware. Getting tender breast is not necessarily
    an indication of pregnancy. I've gotten tender breasts loads of times with just my regular cycle. That is probably all you are experiencing but I can appreciate your being nervous. If you've been under a lot stress that probably has effected you cycle. So, yes, you need to purchase a pregnancy test. You only need a toilet so you don't even have to take it home if you're concerned your family might discover it. If you think you're going to be sexually active going forward you may want to get on the pill (if that's possible) to add extra protection and emotional security.

Good Luck!

ReputationRep:
    I doubt you're pregnant but nothing is 100%. It's normal for your period to vary a little bit so being a week late isn't a huge concern if you've not had unprotected sex - however you should take a test just in case as you'll want to make a decision asap if the worst happens. Just say you're nipping to a shop/visiting a friend and use a public toilet, you don't need to take the test home or risk anyone seeing it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lousmithy)
    Had sex WITH PROTECTION, almost 4 weeks ago, and my boyfriend said used it 100 %.

Haven't had my period since then and usually wouldn't worry as my periods are really irregular anyway.

Have been under serious amounts of stress with my degree and revision for the past 3 weeks however, but noticed only today one of my boobs feels a bit sore on the side, not much, i've had it before, before a period (although since waking it seems to be getting less sore). Also notice i have a bit of the sniffles the past 2 days.

I'm so worried right now, I'm only 20 and always so safe? I can't really get a test as at home with my parents but can't stop thinking about it, and freaking out!

Please help!
    Hey there, do a pregnancy test just to be on the safe side, I know you said you can't as you live at home with your parents but you can always grab one and do it in like a Starbucks loo, or friends house or something like that, it will take your stress away! A sore boob means period, and as you said your periods are irregular AND you've been undergoing stress about uni AND you're stressed about being pregnant. All these indicate that it's just a late period! Stop stressing about it, period will come. I'm on the pill, haven't bled since mid September, had nausea and stuff, done lots of preg tests, all negative. I'm also 20. Maybe there's a hormonal thing we go through at this age

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.