Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CourtneyBas98)
    I applied for criminology and criminal justice, however Portsmouth just got back to me saying I have an unconditional offer for sociology with psychology because the they were unable to offer me the course I wanted. Does anyone know why they would of done this?
    Hi Courtney, Christine from the Information Centre here. The Admissions team will sometimes offer an alternative course if you do not meet the requirements for your chosen course or if your chosen course is already full. The best thing to do is to drop them an email to ask, they are on [email protected] or you can ring them on 02392 845566. Best wishes

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get an unconditional offer from Portsmouth to study Computer Science, most likely going to accept it after I visit the applicants day on the 11/02. Also applied to Kent, Essex, Buckingham and UEA.

Any computer science students currently studying at the uni on here?

ReputationRep:
    I applied for Journalism but still haven't heard back from them after sending in my admissions test. Does anyone know roughly when they should get back?

Anyone else applied for Journalism?

ReputationRep:
    I've accepted an unconditional offer to study Politics and IR

ReputationRep:
    I've applied to do the CGT Course (Computer Games technology), on which I got a conditional offer. (Just need to retake my English GCSE :P).

I'll be accepting Portsmouth as my firm choice.

ReputationRep:
    I've applied for History and I'll be choosing Portsmouth as my first choice, but, i'm worried I won't get the grades, does anyone know how lenient the uni is? I need BCC.

ReputationRep:
    i need BBB but at the open day they said BBC would be acceptable so maybe if you get close then that's fine. Look on uni stats for you course entry grades x

ReputationRep:
    I've got a conditional for sociology and criminology, so far it's the only uni I'm really keen on

ReputationRep:
    I have an unconditional for maths, but I'm not sure whether I will take it.

ReputationRep:
    Portsmouth just changed my course, so I'm doing sociology and criminology too! ☺

(Original post by Sandranicks)
    I've got a conditional for sociology and criminology, so far it's the only uni I'm really keen on

ReputationRep:
    I have applied to Portsmouth and received a conditional offer for psychology with a work placement year

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing psychology too

(Original post by Mamms190)
    I have applied to Portsmouth and received a conditional offer for psychology with a work placement year

ReputationRep:
    I've got an unconditional offer for German Studies. Is anyone here a *cough* mature student, like me?

ReputationRep:
    i applied for criminology and psychology and got a conditional offer! BBB so i need to work for the grades but I've just firmed Portsmouth!

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone got invited to interview day for Diagnostic radiography or already been ..How did it go? how did you find format of the day? Any advice appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I've just accepted my unconditional offer for Marketing, absolutely buzzing.

ReputationRep:
    I got a conditional offer for psychology, I'm thinking of putting Portsmouth as my firm 😊

ReputationRep:
    Heeeyyy, I got the same and I was planning to do that too. Good luck 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    is you're conditional offers both 120 ucas points?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snicholls66)
    is you're conditional offers both 120 ucas points?
    Yeah with a B in psychology

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.