Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to study French and German at Uni, either with a third language or International relations or Management. Is it possible to do this at most unis or will I only be able to choose two things? (ie 2 languages or 1 language with other option).
    Also can someone help me with loans etc
    There are tuition loans and living grants right? I live in NI but will be studying in mainland UK.
    Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone do these courses at the minute?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    Some universities offer three-language degrees, or let you combine two languages with another subject. It's a matter of doing research to find them. Don't just look for degrees with obvious names like "French, German and International Relations", also look at Modern Languages, European Studies (called ESPS @ UCL), Combined Honours, Flexible Combined Honours, and Liberal Arts. The older Scottish universities will let you study three subjects for two years before dropping one.

Yes, you can take out tuition-fee and maintenance loans.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Snufkin)
    Some universities offer three-language degrees, or let you combine two languages with another subject. It's a matter of doing research to find them. Don't just look for degrees with obvious names like "French, German and International Relations", also look at Modern Languages, European Studies (called ESPS @ UCL), Combined Honours, Flexible Combined Honours, and Liberal Arts. The older Scottish universities will let you study three subjects for two years before dropping one.

Yes, you can take out tuition-fee and maintenance loans.
    That's great thank you!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.