Turn on thread page Beta

How hard is Pharmacy? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need some advice! I am going to be doing a Medicine Access Diploma as I didn't get enough UCAS points from college. I am really interested in applying for a Pharmacy degree, however, I am just a little concerned that it would be way too difficult for me as I am not a straight A student, I got mainly B's and C's.

Anyone done Pharmacy that wasn't a straight A student?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Me and I've got firsts and 2:1s. It's possible! just do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Me and I've got firsts and 2:1s. It's possible! just do it
    Do you mind me asking what university you went to? What was the ratio of exams to coursework to?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly isn't a walk in the park but it doesn't have to be difficult either! As long as you enter a pharmacy degree for the right reasons and it is definitely what YOU want to do, then that in itself is a motivating factor. My top tips would just be to stay on top of your work (I always studied my lecture notes a few days in advance); work effectively amongst and learn from your peers; use the knowledge and experience of your lecturers to your advantage; and ensure you have other interests outside of pharmacy to help keep you sane throughout the 4 years!

Best wishes in whatever you decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I achieved 2 B's and 1 C at A levels, I am certainly not a straight A student. I have just finished the first year of my pharmacy degree. I'll be honest, it wasnt easy, at times i was overwhelmed, but as long as you stay focused and plan your time, you will get through it. So it isn't at all easy but it's not impossible.
    Good luck

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.