Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I need some advice! I am going to be doing a Medicine Access Diploma as I didn't get enough UCAS points from college. I am really interested in applying for a Pharmacy degree, however, I am just a little concerned that it would be way too difficult for me as I am not a straight A student, I got mainly B's and C's.

Anyone done Pharmacy that wasn't a straight A student?

Thanks

ReputationRep:
    Me and I've got firsts and 2:1s. It's possible! just do it

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by popnit)
    Me and I've got firsts and 2:1s. It's possible! just do it
    Do you mind me asking what university you went to? What was the ratio of exams to coursework to?

ReputationRep:
    Certainly isn't a walk in the park but it doesn't have to be difficult either! As long as you enter a pharmacy degree for the right reasons and it is definitely what YOU want to do, then that in itself is a motivating factor. My top tips would just be to stay on top of your work (I always studied my lecture notes a few days in advance); work effectively amongst and learn from your peers; use the knowledge and experience of your lecturers to your advantage; and ensure you have other interests outside of pharmacy to help keep you sane throughout the 4 years!

Best wishes in whatever you decide to do!

ReputationRep:
    Hi there,
    I achieved 2 B's and 1 C at A levels, I am certainly not a straight A student. I have just finished the first year of my pharmacy degree. I'll be honest, it wasnt easy, at times i was overwhelmed, but as long as you stay focused and plan your time, you will get through it. So it isn't at all easy but it's not impossible.
    Good luck

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.