The Student Room Group

What are the teachers views of students who are deomotivated ??

Do teachers even empathise with students who are going through some sort of a mantal breakdown that causes them to feel demotivated towards school work?? or do they just label them as lazy ..
This is because at the moment I an A2 student that I am currently feeling the pressure of a levels and cannot find my self to motivate at all whatsoever, in class I try concentrating but I just cant get myself to focus, ive realised though my teachers just give me this look and don't really take me into consideration or even notice me in class ..
Why does it matter?

Teachers are there to teach which is what they will do. If you don't concentrate or do the work, what can they do?

It doesn't matter what they think, exam grades don't empathise either. You are not going to see them again after a few months so focus on doing the best you can for yourself not your teachers. They are not therapists.
Original post by Anonymous
Do teachers even empathise with students who are going through some sort of a mantal breakdown that causes them to feel demotivated towards school work?? or do they just label them as lazy ..
This is because at the moment I an A2 student that I am currently feeling the pressure of a levels and cannot find my self to motivate at all whatsoever, in class I try concentrating but I just cant get myself to focus, ive realised though my teachers just give me this look and don't really take me into consideration or even notice me in class ..

I'd go and talk to your tutor or a teacher you trust. No matter what the poster above says, most teachers do care about mental health and have some training in it.

Ask for help - those 'looks' are probably surprise that you are appearing different in class and they are trying to work out why.
Tricky one. It is often hard to tell if students are demotivated because a) they simply can't be bothered and have followed their friends into A-Levels (in part thanks to the Government's insistence on all 16-18 year olds being in some sort of education/apprenticeship/work) b) A-Levels might not necessarily be the right 'route' for them or c) there is something happening 'under the surface' in terms of home life/mental health etc.

I think the important thing to do is to speak to your parents/teachers/doctor... whoever you think might be the most helpful. Most schools these days have some sort of counselling service, or can refer you on to people who might be able to help. Ironically, the worst thing to do is to fall further behind because a) it's harder to catch up and b) your teachers might think that you've just stopped trying.

I hope that you get the help you need one way or the other. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending