Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp?
    Never been stung by either
    32.76%
    Been stung by both
    25.86%
    Only been stung by a wasp
    29.31%
    Only been stung by a bee
    12.07%

• TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    People seem quite shocked that I'm 24 and I've never been stung by either

I'm quite surprised too since I usually run around like an idiot, screaming and crying when I see one :teehee:

So have you been stung? How bad was it?

A wasp landed on my eyelid a few years ago and I thought it was just a fly and blinked to get rid of it. It wasn't until I saw the look of horror on my friend's face and then they told it was a wasp :eek: Don't know how I managed to avoid getting stung that time

ReputationRep:
    I got stung on the left wrist by a wasp in the playground in P6. Right on a freckle. And when the scab/thing it turned into healed, no more freckle. :sad:

Didn't hurt that much really, school janny just put a wet paper towel on it and sent me back out to play.

ReputationRep:
    Just this summer I swallowed a wasp at my Auntie Dilys's. It stung me several times on the way down and I had mild anaphylactic shock.

Highlight of the day for some substantial majority of the family.
    • Very Important Poster
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I got stung by one because I tried to swat it away when it was buzzing around my neck. It got me around the collarbone and it hurt for a few days.

Hate wasps so much...
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    I am the first person to vote she was stung by a bee? :shock:

I was stung by a bee in my left knee when I was young (like 8-9 years old, maybe). Some pus formed so I had to go through a painful journey to take it all out. It hurt like hell. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    Just this summer I swallowed a wasp at my Auntie Dilys's. It stung me several times on the way down and I had mild anaphylactic shock.

Highlight of the day for some substantial majority of the family.
    oh no !! that is awful. was the wasp OK ?

:holmes:
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    If you guys are interested in insects, I thoroughly recommend the Youtube channel Brave Wilderness. Coyote Peterson tested out numerous bug stings to see which was the most painful and then though I'm terrified of things like that, it was an interesting series to watch the most painful sting is from the bullet ant

Spoiler:
    Show

ReputationRep:
    In year 5 😂 We went to kingfisher park for a field trip and a wasp stung me on my face 😂

ReputationRep:
    This summer in Turkey, I was eating food outside and a wasp came over. I wafted it away, and then about 10 seconds later I felt a pain in my neck, and then saw a wasp fly away from near me. I went back to the hotel room and I had a massive lump which stung like crazy for a good 25 minutes It went away within the next few hours luckily.

ReputationRep:
    Nope

ReputationRep:
    I actually don't think I have been stung by a wasp or bee actually ... not that I can recall. It's the Mosquitos that get me , i was working in turkey over the summer and I had to have an injection twice in my butt becaasue the bites went so bit and swollen . I have one right now on my ankle , which swelled up twice the size , I persevered with this one though , didn't get another bum jab lol
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    In year 9, i got stung by a wasp in my arm, just left a small mark on my arm. I remember my friend panicking and i didnt know why she was so worried.

ReputationRep:
    When I was 2 I tried hugging a bee...

ReputationRep:
    Nope never been stung by either
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    I was stung by a wasp ... i got so pissed off because i didn't do **** to it ffs

ReputationRep:
    No but on my first date the guy sat on a wasp. He insisted he was fine, but i've never seen pain like that in someone's eyes...
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by the bear)
    oh no !! that is awful. was the wasp OK ?

:holmes:
    Yeah....poor wasp, being trapped there and then terribly dying in the human body. :cry:
    • Political Ambassador

I was stung by both when I was little and guess where?

They always, but ALWAYS stung my lips, and it looked like I literally had botox. It hurt so much. :cry:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    I was stung by both when I was little and guess where?

They always, but ALWAYS stung my lips, and it looked like I literally had botox. It hurt so much. :cry:
    Ahahaha.

One time this guy try tried to tell me wasps only get you if you attack them, he got stung during the conversation :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by EC)
    Yeah....poor wasp, being trapped there and then terribly dying in the human body. :cry:
    maybe it managed to navigate its way through Cambio and emerged somewhat bedraggled from the other end ?

:dontknow:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.