Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp?
    Never been stung by either
    32.76%
    Been stung by both
    25.86%
    Only been stung by a wasp
    29.31%
    Only been stung by a bee
    12.07%

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by the bear)
    oh no !! that is awful. was the wasp OK ?

:holmes:
    bee passed, we hear. And quietly. (4)

ReputationRep:
    Stung by a wasp when I was 3 at my mum's friends house. It will always stick in my mind, because it hurt so much at that age. The second and only other time was whilst I was on holiday in France, aged 16. I was stung whilst watching The Perfect Storm on DVD. I struggled to get to sleep that night, because of the aching boil it left on my leg.

I have a fear of Wasps. If anyone is wondering, I'm one of 'those people' when it comes to memory...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cambio wechsel)
    bee passed, we hear. And quietly. (4)
    Girl and boy do not have female sibling ? shocking {11}
    • Political Ambassador
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Got stung on my arm by a bee once.

ReputationRep:
    those wasps can be vicious Gareths

:yep:

ReputationRep:
    I have a huge phobia of both. I was stung as a child on my top lip, one latched onto my thumb and another on my hand.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Spock's Socks)
    People seem quite shocked that I'm 24 and I've never been stung by either

I'm quite surprised too since I usually run around like an idiot, screaming and crying when I see one :teehee:

So have you been stung? How bad was it?

A wasp landed on my eyelid a few years ago and I thought it was just a fly and blinked to get rid of it. It wasn't until I saw the look of horror on my friend's face and then they told it was a wasp :eek: Don't know how I managed to avoid getting stung that time
    when I was 4 I freaked out about aa wasp being on my neck. Fast Forward about 10 years on a hot summers's night and a freaking wasp stung me while I was asleep on the hand. It felt like my flesh was on fire and I could barely move it because my entire hand became swollen. I was stuck with my mickey-mouse hand for 2 weeks 😔
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Abdukazam)
    Ahahaha.

One time this guy try tried to tell me wasps only get you if you attack them, he got stung during the conversation :rofl:
    He probably annoyed the fragile wasps by even mentioning this sensitive subject.. :rolleyes: Wasps and bees love drama.

maybe it managed to navigate its way through Cambio and emerged somewhat bedraggled from the other end ?
    I don't want to imagine the wasp struggling to escape through the other end, thank you very much.

ReputationRep:
    Girl and boy do not have female sibling ? shocking {11}
    Spoiler:
    Show

Transsexual?

ReputationRep:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Transsexual?

hehehe no.... you look just like G.Hunt
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    never been stung by either, luckily
    you should all invest in those tennis racket thingies which zaps the wasps - we don't kill the bees though because of honey etc.

ReputationRep:
    hehehe no.... you look just like G.Hunt
    oh people mark the likeness in the street. And do the Maxwell House beanshake from passing buses.

ReputationRep:
    oh people mark the likeness in the street. And do the Maxwell House beanshake from passing buses.
    people do that to me when i overtake them ...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Just this summer I swallowed a wasp at my Auntie Dilys's. It stung me several times on the way down and I had mild anaphylactic shock.

Highlight of the day for some substantial majority of the family.
    Good gracious... you poor thing! How did you manage to do that?!

ReputationRep:
    I've been stung by a bee. I was in year 6 but I remember it very clearly:
    It was in the summer term during lunch break and we were out on the field. A bee flew near me and everyone told me to keep still so that it would fly away. I did so, but then it landed on my neck and I couldn't help but flinch and as I flinched, I raised my shoulder to my neck and I heard a crunch. I then released my shoulder and a dead bee fell to the floor and I felt a sharp sting in my neck.

The end

ReputationRep:
    Accidentally stood on a wasps' nest when I was like 4. Grim times.

(Original post by retro_turtles)
    I was stung by a wasp ... i got so pissed off because i didn't do **** to it ffs
    Wasps are just ***** tbh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by honour)
    Good gracious... you poor thing! How did you manage to do that?!
    Human decency at last. Thank you so much.

I was talking my usual nonsense and it only flew in and was buzzing about in my cakehole, presumably just as panicked as I was, and then I started to choke and somehow swallowed it. Awful experience, though less so for the onlookers.

ReputationRep:
    Got my hand stung about 5 times getting a ball out of a bush. I knew there was a wasps nest in there but I didn't want my mates to think I was a pussyhole (even though I'm sure none of them would have tried to get it!).

ReputationRep:
    I have been stung by a bee. I was helping my granddad out when he broke his ankle and i went to feed and check the bees for him. He said just put your half suit on as they wont be bothered that your there as its cold. so i put my half suit on and checked the bees the first two hives were fine but the last hive was crazy! 3 bees got into the half suit and stung me on my tummy, my hips and my back and i was in agony for about 3 days. Lucky I'm not allergic!!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Human decency at last. Thank you so much.

I was talking my usual nonsense and it only flew in and was buzzing about in my cakehole, presumably just as panicked as I was, and then I started to choke and somehow swallowed it. Awful experience, though less so for the onlookers.
    Oh dear... that must have really been horrible :console:

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.