Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp? Watch

• View Poll Results: Have you ever been stung by a bee or wasp?
    Never been stung by either
    32.76%
    Been stung by both
    25.86%
    Only been stung by a wasp
    29.31%
    Only been stung by a bee
    12.07%

• Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    Accidentally stood on a wasps' nest when I was like 4. Grim times.

Wasps are just ***** tbh
    I get paranoid when i hear buzzing in the summer, we've had nests twice outside of our house and its frickin scary coz you just see a bunch of wasps crawling up the window or on the floor where you might end up stepping on them :/

ReputationRep:
    You're lucky. I've been stung many many times. I sat on a bee at the age of six (that wasn't fun), I've been stung on the finger, several times on my feet, my arm and even my stomach once when a wasp must have been asleep in my jumper. It hurts a lot more than you feel it should.

ReputationRep:
    Got a huge phobia of both. Been stung by a wasp twice. First time aged 3, my Mum dragged me into a grocery store which was suffering from a wasp infestation whilst I was holding a pastry. She had asked me to drop it but being 3 I didn't see why I should. Needless to say it wasn't long before I was stung. Second time aged 23, summer before last, walking down my street, minding my own business and a wasp came and stung me on the finger. That hurt a lot too, my finger was throbbing for most of the day. Then with bees, not been stung myself, but my Dad told me how he got stung by a bee when small- the bee stung him on the eyelids, they fused shut and he was left blind for 6 months!

ReputationRep:
    I got stung by a dead wasp once. It was dead on my shower floor and I accidentally stood on it's sting and got stung on my heel. FML
    • Political Ambassador
    • PS Reviewer

ReputationRep:
    Yes. Not that bad.

ReputationRep:
    I got stung at the back of my head by a bee. It wasn't that painful, just a bit swollen. I never used to be afraid of bees but since I've been stung I have an irrational phobia of them!

ReputationRep:
    No.

ReputationRep:
    I got stung by a wasp in my naked butt when I was little :rofl:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by retro_turtles)
    I get paranoid when i hear buzzing in the summer, we've had nests twice outside of our house and its frickin scary coz you just see a bunch of wasps crawling up the window or on the floor where you might end up stepping on them :/
    Yeah I'm always a lil paranoid in summer, we keep getting nests in (on?) our shed roof. Child me can confirm stepping on a lot of them is awful, wouldn't recommend
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I'm always a lil paranoid in summer, we keep getting nests in (on?) our shed roof. Child me can confirm stepping on a lot of them is awful, wouldn't recommend
    My friends make fun of me for being so paranoid but i just can't help it!

I am deeply sorry for child you :console:

ReputationRep:
    My friends make fun of me for being so paranoid but i just can't help it!

I am deeply sorry for child you :console:
    Noooo the paranoia is justified it's your friends who are wrong.

I'm sorry for child me too :/
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Noooo the paranoia is justified it's your friends who are wrong.

I'm sorry for child me too :/
    Then again i can see how it can be funny, i literally scream and run whilst going 'nope no no nope not today nope'

ReputationRep:
    I've been stung by neither, but I've been bit by plenty of ants.

ReputationRep:
    Then again i can see how it can be funny, i literally scream and run whilst going 'nope no no nope not today nope'
    Literally run? lmao what if you're in a classroom or something?
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Literally run? lmao what if you're in a classroom or something?
    Classroom or outside i'm gonna run

ReputationRep:
    When I was younger, a bee landed on my head. I picked it up to get it off my head. It stung me. The bee died. It was all quite sad really.

ReputationRep:
    I've never been stung because...
    a) I'm a hijabi lol what is there to sting :lol:
    and b) I run like HELL when I see any sort of flying insect. Someone mention a daddy long legs and I'd be on the train to some other city far away within 4.5 seconds.

My brother got stung in the neck once. It wasn't getting off so my Mum had to literally grab a slipper and whack him on the back of his neck and kill it to pull it off of him. Which I mean... is kind of a normal occurence minus the bee in the neck part so that wasn't the worst part. Worst part was he swelled up like Violet Beauregarde (yes I had to double check spelling)when she ate that blueberry pie :lol: it was pretty amazing/ horrifying.

ReputationRep:
    Classroom or outside i'm gonna run
    :giggle:

ReputationRep:
    Have been stung by both. Usually stung by wasps.

GOT INTO BED AND A WASP STUNG MY BACK!!! IN OCTOBER!!:cry2::cry2::cry2:

ReputationRep:
    I've never been stung either, which is a miracle considering how much I overreact when one comes near me.
    I once had one land on my head during a mock exam and it started crawling around my hair and buzzing.

Posted from TSR Mobile

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
    Useful resources
    AtCTs

Ask the Community Team

Got a question about the site content or our moderation? Ask here.

Welcome Lounge

Welcome Lounge

We're a friendly bunch. Post here if you're new to TSR.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.