Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

I need inspiration. I've decided to make a magazine for my final media project, a rather hefty task I know but i've set my mind on it now. The problem is that I have no idea what to base it on.

I'm not very creative at the best of times so this is really killing me right now. I thought maybe music, i've played drums for 10 years, but I don't know how to approach it best. Then I thought science because I love astronomy but again I just can't work out a plan of attack. It can be about literally anything so if anyone has any different ideas or suggestions for the ones I had already, please let me know!

My entire final grade counts on this project guys, I need all the amazing ideas I can get!

ReputationRep:
    Well you've already mentioned two good ideas, so just base it on those ones? I feel it should be something you're interested in, because you would find it easier to write your magazine!

Just plan it very carefully and don't rush and I guarantee your media project will be great!

ReputationRep:
    Magazines can have multiple sections

ReputationRep:
    I am the least inspirational person ever. Do a short film on chav culture. I will be the star.

(Original post by zayn008)
    Magazines can have multiple sections
    wait are you the gambling one? your name looks famill. Cos if it's you, what's up? :yy:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 0to100)
    I am the least inspirational person ever. Do a short film on chav culture. I will be the star.

wait are you the gambling one? your name looks famill. Cos if it's you, what's up? :yy:
    Yes! Glad you remembered :lol: , funny cus I was actually wondering where you disappeared off to? :bebored: and In 3 hours it'll finally be legal gambling

ReputationRep:
    Yes! Glad you remembered :lol: , funny cus I was actually wondering where you disappeared off to? :bebored: and In 3 hours it'll finally be legal gambling
    Been busy tryna make this celery is all. Celery..salary...whatever. They're both green.

And rah is it, happy early cake day :yy: make some big winnings for the both of us. :suits:

OP you should do a docufilm on gambling lol interview some addicts.

ReputationRep:
    Been busy tryna make this celery is all. Celery..salary...whatever. They're both green.

And rah is it, happy early cake day :yy: make some big winnings for the both of us. :suits:

OP you should do a docufilm on gambling lol interview some addicts.
    If I wasn't stupid I'd say that was a drug reference :curious: anything for the $ I guess

Cheers :cheers: still feeling pretty crap after placing bets on arsenal to come back 3-2, damn Bournemouth for that third goal, would've been £500 up. I'm saving up big time for the Soulja boy and CB fight 😂 Chris is gonna KO first round if it actually happens, odds will probably suck

I think the docufilm should come in a comic edition and the super hero is called William, William hill. People are always so negative to gambling, imagine the money you'd make from making them look good

ReputationRep:
    If I wasn't stupid I'd say that was a drug reference :curious: anything for the $ I guess

Cheers :cheers: still feeling pretty crap after placing bets on arsenal to come back 3-2, damn Bournemouth for that third goal, would've been £500 up. I'm saving up big time for the Soulja boy and CB fight 😂 Chris is gonna KO first round if it actually happens, odds will probably suck

I think the docufilm should come in a comic edition and the super hero is called William, William hill. People are always so negative to gambling, imagine the money you'd make from making them look good
    nah...could be one of those multiple meaning things..

See thats why I dont bet on footy or horses or racing. Or rappers duking it out lol didnt even know there's gonna acc be a fight?? I cant keep up with their vlogs to each other.

The docufilm will sweep the BAFTAS. Oh right the OP wants to do a magazine. Hmm...yea it would have to be a comic that would be classic omd lol some manga ****

ReputationRep:
    nah...could be one of those multiple meaning things..

See thats why I dont bet on footy or horses or racing. Or rappers duking it out lol didnt even know there's gonna acc be a fight?? I cant keep up with their vlogs to each other.

The docufilm will sweep the BAFTAS. Oh right the OP wants to do a magazine. Hmm...yea it would have to be a comic that would be classic omd lol some manga ****
    I'd never do horses or racing, too unpredictable. Guess with arsenal it's the same, ice hockey and baseball have won me some nice £££'s. I'm starting to like American sports more than the UK tbh but I can't play card games especially if I'm agains pros. I only do card games if I'm with mates and I know they're more drunk than me and yeah Mike Tyson is training Chris 😂

BAFTAS? Pssh, we're talking golden globes here. I hate Manga, what's all the hype? it's so ugly¿ I prefer me some old school marvel sketches. I just realised, why is OP anonymous on a question about a school project tho? 😂

ReputationRep:
    I'd never do horses or racing, too unpredictable. Guess with arsenal it's the same, ice hockey and baseball have won me some nice £££'s. I'm starting to like American sports more than the UK tbh but I can't play card games especially if I'm agains pros. I only do card games if I'm with mates and I know they're more drunk than me and yeah Mike Tyson is training Chris 😂

BAFTAS? Pssh, we're talking golden globes here. I hate Manga, what's all the hype? it's so ugly¿ I prefer me some old school marvel sketches. I just realised, why is OP anonymous on a question about a school project tho? 😂
    are yo absolutely ****ing serious mate :rofl: mike tyson??? this is so wack it's like kanye and 50 but at least they had a live rap battle methinks. But the boxing ****, well I guess since theyre acting hard they need to put up, ini? :rofl: floyd should be in there, **** mike's old ass. tag a bruv when their fight is live.

anyway haha yea drunk mates, but Im not a pro but deffo a better card player than average joes ngl :suits:

loool dunno fam why he's anon, maybe he doesn't want ppl to know he's cheating his project by asking us and I have only read manga once and was so lost because I didnt know which direction to read them in. But manga has a huuuuge massive fanbase so he should do a manga thing. I'm not into comics though, too many lol

Thanks for the ideas guys. I think a film about addicts will raise some eyebrows, i'll try to stick with the music magazine idea!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I need inspiration. I've decided to make a magazine for my final media project, a rather hefty task I know but i've set my mind on it now. The problem is that I have no idea what to base it on.

I'm not very creative at the best of times so this is really killing me right now. I thought maybe music, i've played drums for 10 years, but I don't know how to approach it best. Then I thought science because I love astronomy but again I just can't work out a plan of attack. It can be about literally anything so if anyone has any different ideas or suggestions for the ones I had already, please let me know!

My entire final grade counts on this project guys, I need all the amazing ideas I can get!
    I don't know if you're into creative writing but if you are, why not a magazine based on how to get in a writer's mind, something fun and visually pleasing to the eye. So the steps, like creating a protagonist, a character, a scene, exploring different personalities. Almost like an artistic profile that goes through different stages of developing a good plot and story.

Maybe not your thing but if you do like creative writing it could be an awesome idea.
    Or if you're into drama, do a similar thing but with exploring things like costume design and stage setting.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
    Useful resources
    Bizarre things students have spent their loans onThings you should budget for at uni

Sponsored features:

Making money from your own website

Need some cash?

How to make money running your own website.

Bianca Miller, runner-up on The Apprentice

Handle your digital footprint

What would an employer find out about you on Google? Find out how to take control.

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.