Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Your teacher is crazy, you only have to one question which is on your cultural topics. Show her the insert for the June 2014 paper, there's no capital punishment. Maybe she's looking at the wrong exam board lool
    She definitely is crazy lol, my principal decided to have a meeting with me and I thought that I was in trouble but he was actually asking about her during class and her teaching attitude and methods. I was legit like "Miss I've looked at past papers and there's only one essay which is on the cultural topics." And she completely disagreed and refused to believe me. She's used to teaching edexcel so I just had a quick look at their papers and geusss what? They've got two essays, discursive and creative, focusing on cultural topics and syllabus. Thankfully I'm on proper study leave so I'm not seeing her again. Thanks for reassuring me haha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maneet_23)
    She definitely is crazy lol, my principal decided to have a meeting with me and I thought that I was in trouble but he was actually asking about her during class and her teaching attitude and methods. I was legit like "Miss I've looked at past papers and there's only one essay which is on the cultural topics." And she completely disagreed and refused to believe me. She's used to teaching edexcel so I just had a quick look at their papers and geusss what? They've got two essays, discursive and creative, focusing on cultural topics and syllabus. Thankfully I'm on proper study leave so I'm not seeing her again. Thanks for reassuring me haha
    I swear I have also got in trouble for giving my Spanish teacher attitude when I was merely telling her she was wrong

So just focus on a cultural topic

ReputationRep:
    I swear I have also got in trouble for giving my Spanish teacher attitude when I was merely telling her she was wrong

So just focus on a cultural topic

My teacher would be the same, she gets really offended and has a big ego lol. Good, less work for me then Haha

ReputationRep:
    Maybe that's how the new spec works?? Yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anyone have any model essays for el laberinto del fauno? , there's some on the aqa website but they are just confusing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    Maybe that's how the new spec works?? Yikes!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I think with the new spec thy have to focus on actual certain literature and stuff, like gcse English, so more creative essays. Thankfully we're still doing this spec!

ReputationRep:
    Off topic but I'm going to a place in Catalunya for my holiday, and my family expects me to be the translator, but won't the majority of signs be in like Catalan I don't know how useful my Spanish will be but it should be interesting

ReputationRep:
    Most people speak Spanish and the signs are in both. Panic not!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Ok, I think I am gonna commit to the region essay. I can't seem to make the film vocabulary stay in my head.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any notes for Cataluña that they'd be willing to share with me?? My notes are absolutely minimal and I'm really struggling... anything would be helpful (even maybe past essays?)

ReputationRep:
    Have you checked the past papers for ideas yet? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    Most people speak Spanish and the signs are in both. Panic not!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    phew!!

Also I'm the opposite I chose the film (it was either that or the play) because I can't remember quotes to save my life xF

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BEARichards)
    Does anyone have any notes for Cataluña that they'd be willing to share with me?? My notes are absolutely minimal and I'm really struggling... anything would be helpful (even maybe past essays?)
    Also YouTube. There are some good videos about independence, industry, tourism. They all have transcripts you can print, translate and annotate. Good all round practice x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    phew!!

Also I'm the opposite I chose the film (it was either that or the play) because I can't remember quotes to save my life xF
    A play sounds brutal to be honest! I don't know why anyone would choose it!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Have any of you guys been given like a 'guideline' on how to get 25/25 for content mark for the cultural essays? My teachers will one day give me like 21/25 and another day 15 but the essay will be pretty much the same! They never seem to be able to answer when I ask what they want for full content

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by student199919)
    Have any of you guys been given like a 'guideline' on how to get 25/25 for content mark for the cultural essays? My teachers will one day give me like 21/25 and another day 15 but the essay will be pretty much the same! They never seem to be able to answer when I ask what they want for full content
    I have no idea I know that with plays the more quotes the more content marks but I don't know how it works with anything else. I'm doing a film and I think it depends on how many examples you include?

ReputationRep:
    If you follow the PPE system, you should be ok with 4/5 points

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any predictions guys?

ReputationRep:
    Not fracking 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I feel like I have no time to revise spanish with of all my other exams

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.