Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lilyaster)
    is everyone just preparing one of the cultural topics to write about and ignoring the other one or is that taking too much of a risk?
    Just one

ReputationRep:
    Question to those doing Picasso/a painting: whatever the question do you always refer back to the features of the painting? For example if question is about influences in his life would you then go on to talk about how this is shown in the painting e.g. lack of colour overall, twisted horse shows pain etc

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the essay questions on films/novels?

ReputationRep:
    can someone PLEASE explain imperfect subjunctive and when to use it

ReputationRep:
    Also anyone doing Como Agua

ReputationRep:
    I am sensing an air of panic.
    Calm down.
    Imperfect subjunctive - go on youtube and search "señor Jason" he can help.
    This is the time to focus on what you do know and how to manipulate that.
    No more stuff will go in my brain and an eerie calm has fallen over me...

We can do this. We have worked hard.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Wisteria_xo)
    Also anyone doing Como Agua
    me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wooll3y)
    me
    How are you finding it? I don't know whether I should include quotes. So far im just doing main themes/characters

ReputationRep:
    How are you finding it? I don't know whether I should include quotes. So far im just doing main themes/characters
    in my essays i alway forget to relate back to the question, so am mainly focusing on "la lengua de las mariposas" because i always do better in those essays.

i recommend not including quote because it doesn't gain you anymore marks, but if it's just like a word then go for it.

yeah, i'm just looking at themes, techniques and characters

ReputationRep:
    Anybody have a document with difficult vocab that has come up in previous years? I find that in past papers I know most words but in the AS exam I struggled with some surprise words.
    For you guys stressing the essays, definitely write a quick 5-10 minute plan, outlining main ideas. Don't go overboard and write loads of points as you will struggle to get it to flow. Remembering it's a spanish essay, not an english lit one has helped me in not going for over-perfection and in the process having a crap essay without flow.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone doing an essay on La Transición Española? My essays always end up being so short only a page and a half to two. I'm really worried!

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have any predictions for the question on the painter, im doing dali and im rlly scared. Plz help

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Goal94)
    Anybody have a document with difficult vocab that has come up in previous years? I find that in past papers I know most words but in the AS exam I struggled with some surprise words.
    For you guys stressing the essays, definitely write a quick 5-10 minute plan, outlining main ideas. Don't go overboard and write loads of points as you will struggle to get it to flow. Remembering it's a spanish essay, not an english lit one has helped me in not going for over-perfection and in the process having a crap essay without flow.
    I started making one from difficult vocabulary from translations
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: docxSPANISH VOCAB TO LEARN.docx (93.8 KB, 18 views)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by i.ssycollins)
    I started making one from difficult vocabulary from translations
    Thank you, you hero! This is exactly what I was looking for

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1498059000.018321.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  151.9 KBany use? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1498059000.018321.jpg
Views: 35
Size:  151.9 KBany use? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Any help is fantastic, thank you

ReputationRep:
    My class have studied 'El laberinto del fauno' (film) and 'La casa de Bernarda Alba' (play) but I hated the film (too violent and scary lol) so I've put all my efforts into the play. I never have an issue with the questions though because I find they're mostly just about themes and I've learnt loads of quotes so I usually do fine. Just praying they don't throw a curve ball like all my other AQA exams so far have. I also do A Level French for which the exam was Monday and for that class, my teacher only taught us about the film and I always massively struggle with the questions. I found the essay in the exam super hard but I think film questions are just harder in general- the play questions, for me, are far easier to write.

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys help me with this sentence to see if it makes sense i get confused with preterite/imperfect
    ''Cuando Tita estaba enferma, la cuidaba'' would it be correct to use imperfect or is it preterite with estuvo

ReputationRep:
    Tried this and it's not working - does it work for you ?
    (Original post by hollyedwards98)
    http://www.myspanishexam.com/past-papers/4592917802

A2 papers back to June 2010 including mark schemes and audio files

ReputationRep:
    Can you guys help me with this sentence to see if it makes sense i get confused with preterite/imperfect
    ''Cuando Tita estaba enferma, la cuidaba'' would it be correct to use imperfect or is it preterite with estuvo
    i believe that's correct
    also doing capc!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.