Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I have my Spanish a2 mock speaking and I have no prepared minus a few cards - my question is what are the best phrases to use, how are people preparing for the cultural topic, any advice on pronunciation and grammar which will drag me down by the mile.

ReputationRep:
    Well today's the day.
    As and A2 orals.
    I'll let you know what my stimulus cards are 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    I've got my AS and A2 oral on Friday and I honestly don't know how to prepare. We've been given set lists of questions to prepare for cultural and sub topics but we've got an external examiner and there's no guarantee that they'll ask them questions

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    Well today's the day.
    As and A2 orals.
    I'll let you know what my stimulus cards are 😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    How did they go?! Two in one day sounds horrible!!

ReputationRep:
    Please can you say what cards you had

ReputationRep:
    It was ok. The examiner was really good.
    I had cards about communicating by Skype/letter/texts and my A2 one was about integration and immigration.
    The sample cards on AQA are super helpful. I found a lot of them were similar.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Anybody that did the 2016 paper as a mock in January - any chance you might be able to remember any essay titles you did for LCDBA please ? !

ReputationRep:
    Also read about the Skype group discussions, would love to join ! Can we private message our contact details on TSR ??!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by annabellecox)
    Anybody that did the 2016 paper as a mock in January - any chance you might be able to remember any essay titles you did for LCDBA please ? !
    l can't remember the exact title butit was the themes and how they are relevant to young people today

ReputationRep:
    For my cultural topics, I'm doing Picasso and Venezuela.

How do I revise for that, any tips?

BTW, I am native Spanish speaker, so if you need any translation or help, just tell me!

ReputationRep:
    I don't know how to improve my essay marks, does anyone have any advice.

ReputationRep:
    Can someone please send a link to the sample cards? I can't seem to find them

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone know a good structure for the response to the stimulus a2 and like good phrases to use and like debate phrases

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1493034337.988262.jpg
Views: 142
Size:  165.2 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Name:  ImageUploadedByStudent Room1493034384.226458.jpg
Views: 149
Size:  162.7 KB

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Some useful debating phrases from Palabra por Palabra x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    Some useful debating phrases from Palabra por Palabra x

Posted from TSR Mobile
    thank so much!!

ReputationRep:
    De nada

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sinsonte)
    For my cultural topics, I'm doing Picasso and Venezuela.

How do I revise for that, any tips?

BTW, I am native Spanish speaker, so if you need any translation or help, just tell me!

I'm doing Picasso too! I'm focusing on Guernica as there's so much to say about, but I feel like there's way too much info and not sure what to really focus on! How are you going about it?

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing Picasso and The Spanish Civil War as mine! Anyone else? I feel like they're good topics but there's a lot of information and background to them, so I'm worried I won't know enough or won't be able to remember it all? And also is this Skype group happening? I want to join!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.