Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HelloPhysics:D)
    hands down that was the most confusing paper I've ever done, especially on the reading. Didn't know what la tripulacion was, hated the Angelina Jolie question, simply a blur of confusion!
    Yea me too, I hate the translation part especially!! Feels like i'm gonna get like 1/10 and just not going to university, I will be ended up in clearing.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Annabellewty)
    Yea me too, I hate the translation part especially!! Feels like i'm gonna get like 1/10 and just not going to university, I will be ended up in clearing.
    lol me too. I don't think I crossed out the right words according to what everyone is saying!

ReputationRep:
    Were those word crossing out ones 2 marks each or just one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Jaffakayke)
    To be honest, I'm fairly confident with that. If you think about it, ‘inseguras’ is a state, so it would have to be ‘estar inseguras’, not ‘ser’. And I’ve just done some research, and according to a Spanish native speaker, you can have either ‘temer’ or ‘temer a’. The main thing I found with that question is that it specifically said to underline one word and replace it with one word. When I’ve done questions on past papers of a similar style, it could be multiple words, so this question was a lot more limiting. I’m pretty confident about the ‘temen ser maltratadas’ though
    They said the verb sentir in some form I thought, so I changed ser to sentir making it suelen sentir maltratadas

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita_2313)
    I underlined "maltratadas" and wrote "inseguras" instead of colegios and institutos...

I thought thta colegios and institutos are basically very similar, while 'insecure" and 'badly treated' had a bigger difference... Seems like I overthought it.
    I did the same as you. This exam had a lot of ambiguities as to what is right and I feel there is little difference in skill in choosing the right answer. I thought exactly the same - institutos and colegios are much more similar than maltratadas and inseguras. The way they said it in the listening made it even more vague as to which you should underline.
    Sucks especially since that it's two marks lost instead of one too...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ski_)
    Were those word crossing out ones 2 marks each or just one?
    2 sadly one for underlining the correct word, then one for replacing it with the correct word. Which seems a bit silly to me because if you underline the right word, it's highly unlikely you're going to replace it with the incorrect word. Whereas if you underline the wrong word you're completely screwed and lose 2 marks :/

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nadiakassam)
    They said the verb sentir in some form I thought, so I changed ser to sentir making it suelen sentir maltratadas
    Maybe they'll allow that, not sure because that would mean 'they usually feel mistreated'...? It's annoying because we probably all understood word for word what the recording actually said but knowing what information they wanted in the question is a whole other issue!

ReputationRep:
    2 sadly one for underlining the correct word, then one for replacing it with the correct word. Which seems a bit silly to me because if you underline the right word, it's highly unlikely you're going to replace it with the incorrect word. Whereas if you underline the wrong word you're completely screwed and lose 2 marks :/
    No, it's only 1 mark in total for each of them don't worry that section was only 5 marks in total, I remember checking in the exam - there were 4 listening questions and each were 7 marks, 6 marks, 5 marks and 7 marks, so it adds up to 25 in total

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-e)
    No, it's only 1 mark in total for each of them don't worry that section was only 5 marks in total, I remember checking in the exam - there were 4 listening questions and each were 7 marks, 6 marks, 5 marks and 7 marks, so it adds up to 25 in total
    Really? That's good! I know that on past papers, it's definitely been 2 marks for each because I was really annoyed that I lost 2 marks because I underlined the wrong word lol.

ReputationRep:
    Really? That's good! I know that on past papers, it's definitely been 2 marks for each because I was really annoyed that I lost 2 marks because I underlined the wrong word lol.
    Ohh maybe that was on old papers, I think I've seen that format before but they could have realised it was unfair to make it 2 marks for each? The 2016 one was 1 mark each though like this year, but even 1 mark is bad enough because this question was so hard and ambiguous 😞

ReputationRep:
    I may be wrong but I am pretty sure on that one it was suelen changing to temen as colegios and institutos both mean school.

ReputationRep:
    Anyone know if we can re-sit this next year? Incase worst comes to worst

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-e)
    Ohh maybe that was on old papers, I think I've seen that format before but they could have realised it was unfair to make it 2 marks for each? The 2016 one was 1 mark each though like this year, but even 1 mark is bad enough because this question was so hard and ambiguous 😞
    Yeah it must be- I believe you haha!
    I wouldn't say it was the worst question on the paper... I think the reading was harder, especially the Angelina Jolie question, and I wasn't happy with English to Spanish translations either. I guess it was all hard lol and we just have to hope for the best!

ReputationRep:
    Is it this year that AQA are giving out grade As and A*s more fairly ?? I.e not to all native speakers

ReputationRep:
    So pissed off that I will lose a mark on the translation for saying "Hombres de negocio" instead of "hombres de negocios". Literally 1 letter = -1 mark....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Nikita_2313)
    So pissed off that I will lose a mark on the translation for saying "Hombres de negocio" instead of "hombres de negocios". Literally 1 letter = -1 mark....
    hopefully they're lenient! i put trabajadores de la economia...hahah

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by arenablanca)
    you need 320 UMS for an A (across the 4 units) and 280 for a B
    What about A*?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mary230299)
    What about A*?

ReputationRep:
    I've just been looking at options for next year in case I don't get the grade I need in Spanish to get into University and I thought we couldn't resit the outgoing specification, but I've just been looking on the AQA website and it says this:
    Withdrawal of this specification:
    This specification will be withdrawn after the June 2017 exams. A final re-sit opportunity only will be available in June 2018.

I literally began planning a college course just in case lmao

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by secretagent98)
    I've just been looking at options for next year in case I don't get the grade I need in Spanish to get into University and I thought we couldn't resit the outgoing specification, but I've just been looking on the AQA website and it says this:
    Withdrawal of this specification:
    This specification will be withdrawn after the June 2017 exams. A final re-sit opportunity only will be available in June 2018.

I literally began planning a college course just in case lmao
    omg no way, I'm so happy lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: January 9, 2018
The home of Results and Clearing

people online now

students helped last year

University open days

1. SAE Institute
    Animation, Audio, Film, Games, Music, Business, Web Further education
    Thu, 16 Aug '18
  2. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
  3. University of Bolton
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 17 Aug '18
Poll
Do you want your parents to be with you when you collect your A-level results?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.