Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    I can't say what the specific card content is, sorry...

But good luck for all your orals

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-e)
    I can't say what the specific card content is, sorry...

But good luck for all your orals
    Would you say they were particularly difficult or pretty alright ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jb160998)
    Would you say they were particularly difficult or pretty alright ?
    In my opinion they weren't too bad compared to some questions in previous years

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by c_rebeca)
    Hi guys, does anyone know how I can improve my fluency in a week. I have my Spanish oral on Thursday but I've noticed I say umm and err a lot when I'm speaking. Will i get marked down for this ??
    You can still score marks in the top band even if you hesitate a little bit here and there, but only minimal hesitation.
    I would say mostly try memorising main points and good sentence starters and so forth. My fluency isn't great, it's one of my weakest points, but personally I'm strong at memorising so I'm just writing up loads of questions and answers to them, as I naturally start remembering them. Try finding out what you're strongest at, and then try to adapt it so you can help yourself.

I give this helps, cause I've got my oral on Thursday too and I'm absolutely terrified 😭😭 good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maneet_23)
    You can still score marks in the top band even if you hesitate a little bit here and there, but only minimal hesitation.
    I would say mostly try memorising main points and good sentence starters and so forth. My fluency isn't great, it's one of my weakest points, but personally I'm strong at memorising so I'm just writing up loads of questions and answers to them, as I naturally start remembering them. Try finding out what you're strongest at, and then try to adapt it so you can help yourself.

I give this helps, cause I've got my oral on Thursday too and I'm absolutely terrified 😭😭 good luck!!!
    That's so reassuring thankyou, I'll try this! Good luck to you too !!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by maneet_23)

Thank you I'm going to give it a go!!!

Ahh good luck !!

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for Thursday x

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    IS anyone doing the book requiem por un campsino espanol or the Artwork of Salvador Dali?
    I feel like i don't know anything about them

ReputationRep:
    My A2 cultural topics are Bodas de Sangre and Mar Adentro.
    I did my speaking exam on Thursday, it was alright! My cards were on pollution and Scientific advances

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PsychofKam)
    I did my speaking exam on Thursday, it was alright! My cards were on pollution and Scientific advances
    Well done!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by s-e)
    I had my Spanish oral today and at the end I looked and saw that the examiner had circled two things in two different columns on a sheet of paper.

Is this the mark sheet? Do the examiners mark the orals there and then? I'm so scared now 😭 is there any chance it's just a sheet with other stuff?
    yeh i think the examiners mark then and there, that's what my teachers have told me, maybe they were circling like which card you had or the opinion you chose etc? i wouldn't worry too much

ReputationRep:
    Was this AQA A2?

ReputationRep:

Was this AQA A2? And what were the pollution/scientific advances questions? Mine were on animal testing and pesticides

ReputationRep:
    How's everybody revising for the A2 translations? What do I do if I simply come across something that I'm unable to translate?

Also, why is it normally >80% for an A in recent years?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PedroM)
    Was this AQA A2? And what were the pollution/scientific advances questions? Mine were on animal testing and pesticides
    Yes it is AQA A2 and mine were the exact same cards

ReputationRep:
    Wait you had them on animal testing and pesticides? What did they ask about them like what was the opinion you defended for the card u did?

ReputationRep:
    Yes it is AQA A2 and mine were the exact same cards
    That seems really difficult ???

ReputationRep:
    Was this AQA A2? And was the pollution one the pesticides one or something else?

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, was your pollution one the pesticides one I got, or something else?!? And assuming your scientific one was animal testing?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FrancoRegime2)
    Hey there, was your pollution one the pesticides one I got, or something else?!? And assuming your scientific one was animal testing?
    Yes, mine were the same

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.