Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by AlexBakSik)
    Could anybody confirm the six debate topics please?
    Recycling
    Refugees
    Multiculturism
    Pesticides
    Animal testing
    Poverty

ReputationRep:
    No idea how to start revising for the exam on the 15th... I am avoiding it like mad....

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PCsqwelch)
    No idea how to start revising for the exam on the 15th... I am avoiding it like mad....

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Lol same I am more worried about my maths resits and my a2exams which I need to revise for like ugh

ReputationRep:
    It's honestly bull.
    I don't know how they expect young people to cope with the stress of three or four subjects.
    I'm doing access and Spanish, I've never been in a classroom for Spanish. It's mental the way education works in this country.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Does anyone have the A2 AQA 2016 exam paper or know what the essay questions were for the cultural director or history topic?

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any good debating things for the oral exam.

like "entiendo te punto de vista pero"

ReputationRep:
    Okay pans labyrinth peeps I need your help with an essay, it's basically "how does del Toro define the social/cultural aspects of time in the film"

I just dont know to structure it and with what good examples/good context supported with expanded analysis

A few ideas I have:
    The role of women
    The rebels vs Vidal
    Rations/poverty?

I hate the essay bit, I keep getting 28/40 and I want to at least get 32

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    Okay pans labyrinth peeps I need your help with an essay, it's basically "how does del Toro define the social/cultural aspects of time in the film"

I just dont know to structure it and with what good examples/good context supported with expanded analysis

A few ideas I have:
    The role of women
    The rebels vs Vidal
    Rations/poverty?

I hate the essay bit, I keep getting 28/40 and I want to at least get 32
    i always spend one paragraph each talking about themes, symbols, techniques and historical context and just write some ******** linking it to the title

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by KloppOClock)
    i always spend one paragraph each talking about themes, symbols, techniques and historical context and just write some ******** linking it to the title
    How many paragraphs do you write? I can't even wing them like that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by physicsamor)
    How many paragraphs do you write? I can't even wing them like that
    1 intro
    4 paragraphs
    1 conclusion

but i dont wing them, ive prelearned an entire essay lol so i just change a few words and then it fits

ReputationRep:
    does anyone have any good debating things for the oral exam.

like "entiendo te punto de vista pero"
    Of course!

-Entiendo tu punto de vista pero [...] (It's the correct one)
    -Me parece bastante interesante lo que usted dice acerca de [...]
    -Perdone/Disculpe por interrumpir pero [...] (It's a formal one)
    -Aunque nadie duda sobre [...], es interesante remarcar que [...]
    -En lo que respecta en este tema, me gustaría enfatizar [...]

I can give you more debate expressions if you want. Also, you don't have to worry if something is misspelt, I'm a Spanish native speaker

Good luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextox)
    Of course!

I can give you more debate expressions if you want. Also, you don't have to worry if something is misspelt, I'm a Spanish native speaker

Good luck!!!
    i love you

ReputationRep:
    i love you
    Thank you!

ReputationRep:
    Hello, I am going to have my speaking this wednesday and Im really nervous. My teacher is saying that i can get an A*. Do you guys have some tips ? Also the refugees card is the one that is the most appealing to me, any points that are important ?

ReputationRep:
    Refugees: they seem to want to talk about them living in the same place and not integrating into society.
    Don't panic. You know this stuff!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mahigh123)
    Hello, I am going to have my speaking this wednesday and Im really nervous. My teacher is saying that i can get an A*. Do you guys have some tips ? Also the refugees card is the one that is the most appealing to me, any points that are important ?
    First of all, do not feel nervous. All the Spanish vocabulary, grammar, etc, are in your head.

If you want to gather information for preparing your speaking, you can look for BBC's articles which are related to refugees. For example, mafias are preying refugees to steal their organs such as kidneys

Very best of luck!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alextox)
    Of course!

Good luck!!!
    can i have some more plsssss

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alextox)
    first of all, do not feel nervous. All the spanish vocabulary, grammar, etc, are in your head.

If you want to gather information for preparing your speaking, you can look for bbc's articles which are related to refugees. For example, mafias are preying refugees to steal their organs such as kidneys

very best of luck!!!
    omgg thank you very muchhhh

ReputationRep:
    Forget speaking which I'm going to flop because I have 0 fluency (plus I haven't prepared my answers for the cultural topics I just dont have the time)

I'm more worried about the resit. I wish I never opted to pay for the resit, there's no way I can get an A overall.( got a B last year) and I am flopping this year lol

Anywayssss I came across this AS question and I don't know how to answer it "ahora los jovenes no valoran la familia" estas de acuerdo?

Also how would I express this advantage of tv, some programmes explore contraversial topics that are often stigmatized - sexuality, mental health. This helps to raise awareness about these issues, especially when parents often find it hard to talk about these things. For a young person, it can give them guidance and a sense of identity? ? Inthis way, it helps them to explore different perspectives, learn more about themself which in turn (help I don't know how to finish)
    Does this point make sense? Or am I just waffling

ReputationRep:
    My speaking is tomorrow and I'm panicking like crazy, I feel like I'm gonna get asked a question and I have no idea what to answer for it or my mind just goes blank. Pray for me!

Poll
Who is your favourite TV detective?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.