Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can someone please help me with one or two formulas on this P&L?

Basically, I've duplicated a P&L where the formulas were already inserted but not explained to me.

It's about hiring a venue for a big party.

So the formula in cell B18 is fairly self explanatory - it's the result of the number of people attending x the entry price x the number of events, which is just 1 in this case.

When it comes to B19 and B20, I'm a bit stuck (same for C19 and C20).

The formula in cell B19 needs to be B18 minus 4%, so £5000 minus 4% is £4800 so I'm not sure why in the formula it says 1.04 which has caused it to add an extra £8.
    4% as a decimal is 0.04(?) but when I change it, that changes all of the numbers dramatically which definitely isn't right.

I also need to know if B20 is right as well which should be £5000 minus 4% and VAT.

Anyone?

Thank you!

EDIT

I've just inserted =0.96*B18 into cell B19 which seems to have done the trick.
    and I've just inserted =0.76*B18 into cell B20 which I also think has worked (76 because that's minus the 4% and 20%)

Is this correct?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsxP&L.xlsx (9.8 KB, 24 views)

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.