Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey,

Can someone please help me with one or two formulas on this P&L?

Basically, I've duplicated a P&L where the formulas were already inserted but not explained to me.

It's about hiring a venue for a big party.

So the formula in cell B18 is fairly self explanatory - it's the result of the number of people attending x the entry price x the number of events, which is just 1 in this case.

When it comes to B19 and B20, I'm a bit stuck (same for C19 and C20).

The formula in cell B19 needs to be B18 minus 4%, so £5000 minus 4% is £4800 so I'm not sure why in the formula it says 1.04 which has caused it to add an extra £8.
    4% as a decimal is 0.04(?) but when I change it, that changes all of the numbers dramatically which definitely isn't right.

I also need to know if B20 is right as well which should be £5000 minus 4% and VAT.

Anyone?

Thank you!

EDIT

I've just inserted =0.96*B18 into cell B19 which seems to have done the trick.
    and I've just inserted =0.76*B18 into cell B20 which I also think has worked (76 because that's minus the 4% and 20%)

Is this correct?
    Attached Files
  1. File Type: xlsx P&L.xlsx (9.8 KB, 41 views)

University open days

• Heriot-Watt University
    School of Textiles and Design Undergraduate
    Fri, 16 Nov '18
  • University of Roehampton
    All departments Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
  • Edge Hill University
    Faculty of Health and Social Care Undergraduate
    Sat, 17 Nov '18
Poll
Have you ever experienced bullying?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.