Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

Guys, why are you hot then cold, yes then no? Watch

Announcements

Because we get pretty tired of girls that are just playing games and are fed up of always being expected to make the effort which often times is not reciprocated?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by george_c00per)
    You're in then you're out
    You're up then you're down
    You're in then you're out
    You're up then you're down
    :sexface:

Okay so he messaged me yesterday - yes, he started the convo.
    Then after a while he had the nerve to just read one of my messages and not reply.
    What i said to him is something that should have encouraged a response....continued the conversation.
    But no, he ditched the convo. Why did he even message me in the first place ffs?
    Do you think i should block him? Can't be doing with this i swear its messing with my head.
    Like is he gonna message me back or what?
    I could message him again but he hasn't even bothered to reply to my last message mjnvnejvjr
    this duuuuudddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    i might as well just deactivate my facebook so he can't do this to me anymore.

(Original post by Retired_Messiah)
    It's because we think that'll help us be in and then out, if ya know what I mean :sexface:

Not messaging at all might just be that they're busy, do you ever message first?
    Sometimes I do, but I don't want to annoy him aha

(Original post by FranklyMrShankly)
    If they're cold at all, don't bother.

Guys are pretty straightforward. If they like you enough they'll make the effort etc etc. However, guys are human beings and we are inherently fickle so....
    Okay so if they read a message u send them and then don't reply (even though they started the convo in the first place), do that mean they dont like u any more?

He had the NERVE to use his free will and not reply to someone who sounds incredibly emotionally immature? I do the same.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Sometimes I do, but I don't want to annoy him aha
    Nah you gotta just message first when you wanna talk, it makes things easier. If he likes you he won't be annoyed by you showing positive signs lmao. Just don't text loads of times over the course of the day if they don't reply fast enough.

Okay so if they read a message u send them and then don't reply (even though they started the convo in the first place), do that mean they dont like u any more?
    I have received messages from best friends who I really like and respect, quickly went on to read them, but have been caught up in the middle of something when I got it so never responded, and then totally forgot I even received a text later on.

In short: That's the most impossible leap of logic you could possibly make from the situation.

ReputationRep:
    look at it this way - if they want to talk to you, they will talk to you. If you value a person, you are more likely to give them your time and attention. Might not mean they don't like you at all anymore, but I would imply they aren't very keen.

ReputationRep:
    Okay so he messaged me yesterday - yes, he started the convo.
    Then after a while he had the nerve to just read one of my messages and not reply.
    What i said to him is something that should have encouraged a response....continued the conversation.
    But no, he ditched the convo. Why did he even message me in the first place ffs?
    Do you think i should block him? Can't be doing with this i swear its messing with my head.
    Like is he gonna message me back or what?
    I could message him again but he hasn't even bothered to reply to my last message mjnvnejvjr
    this duuuuudddeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee
    i might as well just deactivate my facebook so he can't do this to me anymore.
    Stop playing with him your game and make the step if you really wanna keep him. He's not gonna keep you entertained for a decade until you've made your mind.

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 10, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.