Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Hello from New York! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys, I'm sitting here in the lounge at JFK airport with free internet access so I thought I'd come and see how you're all doing (even though it's the middle of the night there!). My flight's been delayed so I'm so bored. I haven't been on here for over two weeks, what's been going on? I miss England! There are too many Americans over here (no offence to any Americans on here). Hope you're all having a good summer

Byeeeeeeee

ReputationRep:
    I'm so jealous.

ReputationRep:
    Buy me a keyring

ReputationRep:
    enjoy ya self girl

ReputationRep:
    Hey you! Good to hear you're well. Keep your luggage and valuables close to you though!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shushimeng)
    enjoy ya self girl
    Hello again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mobbdeeprob)
    Hey you! Good to hear you're well. Keep your luggage and valuables close to you though!

hehe, so wise :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I've had a good time but I think I'm about ready to come home now! I miss all my friends and I miss England! Although coming home means working again, getting results, writing my PS and a whole lot of other things I don't want to do

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Whats_The_411?)
    hehe, so wise :cool:
    My dad was left stranded in JFK for a night once...it was the worst night of his life. He couldn't sleep through fear of being pickpocketed.

ReputationRep:
    My dad was left stranded in JFK for a night once...it was the worst night of his life. He couldn't sleep through fear of being pickpocketed.

Thats funny

ReputationRep:
    Don't say that! There's a good chance I might be stranded. All the flights are delayed and we're on standby and the plane is full!

ReputationRep:
    Hello again
    yeah mornin

ReputationRep:
    yeah mornin
    are you back yet?

ReputationRep:
    are you back yet?
    nope another 20 days

ReputationRep:
    What the hell are you lot doing up at three in the morning anyway? Or are you not in England?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    What the hell are you lot doing up at three in the morning anyway? Or are you not in England?
    hehe i am not home yet
    but narb is, he need someone to cheer him up

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)

Gonna go and sleep now :cool:

Bring back a pressie for 411 :cool:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ~Sam~)
    Don't say that! There's a good chance I might be stranded. All the flights are delayed and we're on standby and the plane is full!
    It wouldn't be advisable for me to say "Snap!" now, would it?

You should be okay - I'm guessing this is an overbooked flight? Get your parents to argue with the desk skivvies and bring out the duty manager. Although not in NY, we've done this before in the past - and got First Class seats and hotel accommodation in a swish hotel - and cash.

ReputationRep:
    where is JPJ? is he on holiday as well?

ReputationRep:
    where is JPJ? is he on holiday as well?
    he sure is. Hes coming back the same time as you. He's in spain and he also said he would bring me back a pressie.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.