Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    basically to set the scene, before me and my boyfriend got together we were good friends for a long time, then we started getting feelings for each other. during the summer of 2016 we decided to get together, and honestly i was so deeply in love with him but he made me sad at times cause i could only see him once a week for some reason? and he'd always give me a time limit of hanging out.

anyway, because he was going to uni in september he decided to break up, well we both did.. but i mainly did it for being sad constantly and him doing nothing about it. the distance has nothing to do with it but i made him think that.. which was wrong. when it came to saying goodbye, this was after a night out at 2am.. i started to cry cause i really did love him, and i noticed that he obviously didn't love me enough because he left me crying alone, walking back by myself at 2am - which still makes me sad just thinking about. i remember all i wanted him to do was to run back and tell me that it's ok... he didn't. that was the first and last time i said "i love you" with actually meaning it.

when i came home for christmas, i saw him on a night out and regrettable drunk kissed him. as soon as i did it..it was so weird cause i didn't feel anything, normally i got butterflies but i felt dead. this made me realise.. i'm over him, but then problems started when he said "i miss you and i should never of broken up with you". it's funny cause i'd love to hear those words during the 2 months after the breakup.. but now. i don't want it.

since the kiss, he kept saying "we need to talk" - thinking he wants to get back together but, this guy is the most confusing guy i've ever met. he's all talk and no actions cause now he's gone back to uni. he sent me a message saying "miss you" and i'm just sitting here like ??!? if he cared that much he would of talked to me asap, and the longer it is postponed.. the fewer feelings i have towards him.

i am sad that i don't feel like i even know who he is anymore, i want to be in love with the guy i was with before summer. it's ridiculous that back then all i wanted to hear was "i love you" but now when he says it i can't help feeling guilt and regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Very Important Poster
    • Peer Support Volunteers
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hannsworld)
    basically to set the scene, before me and my boyfriend got together we were good friends for a long time, then we started getting feelings for each other. during the summer of 2016 we decided to get together, and honestly i was so deeply in love with him but he made me sad at times cause i could only see him once a week for some reason? and he'd always give me a time limit of hanging out.

anyway, because he was going to uni in september he decided to break up, well we both did.. but i mainly did it for being sad constantly and him doing nothing about it. the distance has nothing to do with it but i made him think that.. which was wrong. when it came to saying goodbye, this was after a night out at 2am.. i started to cry cause i really did love him, and i noticed that he obviously didn't love me enough because he left me crying alone, walking back by myself at 2am - which still makes me sad just thinking about. i remember all i wanted him to do was to run back and tell me that it's ok... he didn't. that was the first and last time i said "i love you" with actually meaning it.

when i came home for christmas, i saw him on a night out and regrettable drunk kissed him. as soon as i did it..it was so weird cause i didn't feel anything, normally i got butterflies but i felt dead. this made me realise.. i'm over him, but then problems started when he said "i miss you and i should never of broken up with you". it's funny cause i'd love to hear those words during the 2 months after the breakup.. but now. i don't want it.

since the kiss, he kept saying "we need to talk" - thinking he wants to get back together but, this guy is the most confusing guy i've ever met. he's all talk and no actions cause now he's gone back to uni. he sent me a message saying "miss you" and i'm just sitting here like ??!? if he cared that much he would of talked to me asap, and the longer it is postponed.. the fewer feelings i have towards him.

i am sad that i don't feel like i even know who he is anymore, i want to be in love with the guy i was with before summer. it's ridiculous that back then all i wanted to hear was "i love you" but now when he says it i can't help feeling guilt and regret.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Why not cut contact with him completely?

ReputationRep:
    try and cut all contact- remember you broke up for a reason, you said you were over him- which is a great thing!

so block him from everything, social media- the lot of it- this will keep you happy and away from all the stress, and will allow him to move on too! :yep:

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'd take the advise from online as a pinch of salt but if you two made up your mind not to go back together and can't resist over the past, you might need a little break before talking again, ofcourse it doesn't mean forever.

ReputationRep:
    Actions speak ,louder than words !!

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    To me it sounds like this:

He broke up with you because he didn't really have feelings for you anymore and wanted to see if the grass was greener at uni. Uni isn't what he thought it would be and he wants to go back to you because he think you'll let him in easily.

Just cut him off. If you're over him then it doesn't matter you have nothing to feel guilty about.

ReputationRep:

Posted from TSR Mobile
    When you two were together he didn't value you, now that he is alone (and probably not having any luck with other women) he wants you back. Don't go back, it's over-your getting over him don't jeopardise this. Move on in life and he will too eventually. Just ignore or block him. Once it is over, it's done, going back only makes things worse...

Submit reply
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: January 9, 2017
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.