Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by econprospective)
    Good Luck fellow Economist & to everyone else on this thread! I will be keeping myself busy for my reinterview later this week but I hope all of you have a stressfree evening
    Nicee, good choice It's cool that you're being reinterviewed!! Good luck, hope it all goes well
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

(Original post by Christie_xx)
    Practically a celeb :rofl:
    Definitely

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    I have an interesting and maybe controversial/sensitive question here... it's a well-known fact that a lot of people encounter mental health issues whilst at Cambridge (some Tab poll suggested around 50% which honestly doesn't surprise me). However, I'm just curious as to whether you guys think that a) Cambridge is the kind of university which attracts those who are more prone to mental health issues by being high achievers etc, or b) the stress of studying at a world class uni brings on mental health issues from things like deadline stress etc. What do y'all think?

(Also, I really hope this doesn't offend anyone and if anyone wants to chat about this kinda stuff I'm here for ya xx)
    *it's a well-known fact that a lot of people participating in Tab polls and sending memes to Memebridge encounter mental health issues whilst at Cambridge

FTFY
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Will someone make a google spreadsheet like the one we had for interviews saying:
    college:
    subject:
    international (y/n):
    offer outcome:
    pooled (y/n):
    email or post:
    I would but don't know how... would like to anxiously follow it tomorrow and see when certain colleges are starting to email...
    Ahem: https://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/sho....php?t=4494572

ReputationRep:
    Hey, hey, it's the only alcoholic thing in my house barring Moet and Lidl vodka... plus I'm a 5'3 female, one glass and Cambridge is waaay outta my mind
    Honestly, I'd probably still go for the Lidl vodka :rofl:
    But hey, if it works then no complaints necessary haha! Good luck for tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Yes.
    THANKS SO MUCH!!
    just to be completely sure is this an estimation from you or do you have real information which suggest this? (sorry if this seems offensive, no offense meant, just would like to know)
    pls ignore question if you like and sorry again

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    *it's a well-known fact that a lot of people participating in Tab polls and sending memes to Memebridge encounter mental health issues whilst at Cambridge

FTFY
    Touché

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Good luck to you too! I'll be on here rooting for y'all!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Thank you!! I'll post on here when I find out but I'm already pretty sure I have a rejection

ReputationRep:
    I applied to Newnham, (who I think send letters), but if I get pooled to another college (say Medwards), would I get an email?

EDIT: Also does it disadvantage me if I'm an EU candidate? I live in the UK, but I don't have a British passport? :///

ReputationRep:
    I guess but the advantage of the spreadsheet was it was anonymous(people who didn't have TSR acounts could use it) and easy to navigate - I will use that thread too tho
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Christie_xx)
    Thank you!! I'll post on here when I find out but I'm already pretty sure I have a rejection
    "that's all I askkk of youuu"

I'm sure it'll be good news

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Replusz)
    THANKS SO MUCH!!
    just to be completely sure is this an estimation from you or do you have real information which suggest this? (sorry if this seems offensive, no offense meant, just would like to know)
    pls ignore question if you like and sorry again
    Relax, it's been said 1000 times that internationals are first for emails you'll get yours at some point tomorrow
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    It's fine as long as the university in question isn't a UCAS university. You can't apply through UCAS when you have a live application from last year.
    What about this though?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ate-admissions
    "Please note that internationals attending or committed to attend universities in their home country won’t normally be considered for admission to Cambridge to study a full undergraduate course in the same or a very similar subject whilst they’re still committed to another university."

ReputationRep:
    Touché

If you want a serious answer, I think that those prone to getting depressed when put under high pressure will perhaps more easily suffer from such issues at Cambridge than at other unis (but then again, you know what it's going to be like before you apply, so...). But you can't make a Tab article or a meme about not being depressed, so you don't really hear from those people which skews the perceived statistics I'd think.

ReputationRep:
    There were so many rejections in the Oxford thread (so sorry Wolfie ) and that's just made me more nervous...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Anytime between 8:30-ish to late afternoon/early evening.
    They are sent manually, one-by-one, by a very small number of admission staff (usually one....) , starting from lemails to international candidates. Not all colleges sent email to uk candidates Andy if they do, it'll be after international candidates.
    WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    I guess but the advantage of the spreadsheet was it was anonymous(people who didn't have TSR acounts could use it) and easy to navigate - I will use that thread too tho
    Yes. Go ahead and create a spreadsheet too - it's a good idea.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by IcedArizona)
    Relax, it's been said 1000 times that internationals are first for emails you'll get yours at some point tomorrow
    okay, now i am relaxed
    thanks so much, really i mean it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient
    Guess Cambridge values traditions more highly than we thought

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gold-Confetti)
    Possibly. Maybe there's just quite a lot of students in this college who like to come back early or something. Thank you! Best of luck to you tomorrow as well
    Thank you!!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.