Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Shotgun the "it's today" post in 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Lol if I get pooled to girton I'll smack talk anyone who smack talks about girton
    Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Haha thanks, I row for Grosvenor Rowing Club in Chester and no, I'm applying for Japanese but I do Chinese in school atm
    Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess Good luck!!!!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by daniilS)
    You must love how comfortable gowns are
    Vincrows is a parent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway
    Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!!

ReputationRep:
    Come on Pringlehouse gimme an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveowls16)
    Might be a stupid question but... I've heard that our head of sixth forms find out our application outcome before we do?!

Is it true?
    I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess Good luck!!!!
    Ah you row too? Which club are you at? and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna be so sad when I get rejected, but then I'll see loads of people on here get offers so I'll be happy until someone I recognise gets rejected - then I'll be sad again

ReputationRep:
    Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!!
    Ahaha yeah the cycling sounds so amazing!! My dad has a stationary bike that I use but it's not as good as the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me
    Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  pooled.png
Views: 85
Size:  242.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    Grosvenor? I'm sure our School rows against them...
    Whereabouts is the school? (I'm aware it's not a good idea to mention it specifically) Maybe we do race each other

ReputationRep:
    Ah you row too? Which club are you at? and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to

Good luck to you too!
    Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club And I hate long distance ergs ew
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jneill)
    What about this though?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ate-admissions
    "Please note that internationals attending or committed to attend universities in their home country won’t normally be considered for admission to Cambridge to study a full undergraduate course in the same or a very similar subject whilst they’re still committed to another university."
    We can't know if you're committed to attending a non-UCAS university can we?

I don't remember that being agreed - it's something of a grey area to be frank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.
    Ahh yeah that sounds about right
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient
    Some send them individually, some use mail merge.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Inister)
    Name:  pooled.png
Views: 85
Size:  242.9 KB
    Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club And I hate long distance ergs ew
    Woah Henley are amazing - we went to Nat champs a few years back and Henley were busy thrashing everybody including us

Nice bit of river as well! Although the Dee is pretty nice so I can't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.
    no it's not, lol. will do.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.