Turn on thread page Beta
    • Political Ambassador

ReputationRep:
    Political Ambassador
    Shotgun the "it's today" post in 3 hours.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CutieTootsie)
    Lol if I get pooled to girton I'll smack talk anyone who smack talks about girton
    Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Steliata)
    Haha thanks, I row for Grosvenor Rowing Club in Chester and no, I'm applying for Japanese but I do Chinese in school atm
    Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess Good luck!!!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    (Original post by daniilS)
    You must love how comfortable gowns are
    Vincrows is a parent

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    Ahaha yess :lol: Tbh I think getting pooled to Girton would be a great thing for me cus I'd be forced to do more exercise and Girton is really gorgeous anyway
    Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!!

ReputationRep:
    Come on Pringlehouse gimme an offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Iloveowls16)
    Might be a stupid question but... I've heard that our head of sixth forms find out our application outcome before we do?!

Is it true?
    I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    Thats really awesome!! Tbh, I've neglected rowing a bit last term because of University applications and stress, and my coach says if I want to return I have to do a 2k test :'( RIP I was legit planning on giving up rowing, but I saw my College's boat club and it was LYFE, so if I get into Cambridge I'll continue I guess Good luck!!!!
    Ah you row too? Which club are you at? and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to

Good luck to you too!

ReputationRep:
    It's gonna be so sad when I get rejected, but then I'll see loads of people on here get offers so I'll be happy until someone I recognise gets rejected - then I'll be sad again

ReputationRep:
    Tbh cycling is amazing

It's like the freedom of having a car and going places (albeit in a smaller area) while also getting fit

If I get in I'll be so excited about more people cycling, where I live there's hardly anybody so the drivers are horrible!!
    Ahaha yeah the cycling sounds so amazing!! My dad has a stationary bike that I use but it's not as good as the real thing

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Christie_xx)
    I don't think so - one of my teachers specifically told me that they don't get notified at all on whether or not we have an offer. I'm not 100% certain but that's what she told me
    Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.

ReputationRep:
    Name:  pooled.png
Views: 108
Size:  242.9 KB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    Grosvenor? I'm sure our School rows against them...
    Whereabouts is the school? (I'm aware it's not a good idea to mention it specifically) Maybe we do race each other

ReputationRep:
    Ah you row too? Which club are you at? and yeah 2ks suck, I haven't done one for a few months now! We've been focusing on longer distances - I have a 5k next week which I'm not looking forward to

Good luck to you too!
    Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club And I hate long distance ergs ew
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by jneill)
    What about this though?

http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.a...ate-admissions
    "Please note that internationals attending or committed to attend universities in their home country won’t normally be considered for admission to Cambridge to study a full undergraduate course in the same or a very similar subject whilst they’re still committed to another university."
    We can't know if you're committed to attending a non-UCAS university can we?

I don't remember that being agreed - it's something of a grey area to be frank.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yes I believe the teachers only know when UCAS Track updates (assuming you applied via your school) and that won't update for a few days at least.
    Ahh yeah that sounds about right
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by potassiumnitrate)
    WHATTt??

Why are they sent manually one by one?

are you sure? it seems terribly inefficient
    Some send them individually, some use mail merge.
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    (Original post by Inister)
    Name:  pooled.png
Views: 108
Size:  242.9 KB
    Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    Used to row for Henley (back when I was committed and good), now at my school rowing club And I hate long distance ergs ew
    Woah Henley are amazing - we went to Nat champs a few years back and Henley were busy thrashing everybody including us

Nice bit of river as well! Although the Dee is pretty nice so I can't complain

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Saracen's Fez)
    Is this from Memebridge? If not, you should sent it to them.
    no it's not, lol. will do.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.