Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hi all,

Best of luck tomorrow. Anybody successful last year able to give rough estimation of what time we will be notified? Also, does St.Catz email offers too (email they sent previously suggests they send letters for offers only)?

Thanks
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Honestly Dr Spencer you have been so fantastic! Thanks for giving us so much support throughout the application process, and taking the time out of your day to see to our queries and concerns.
    It's a pleasure to help, plus tonight it's taken my mind off how terrible Liverpool have been against Southampton in the football!

Newnham email (I got one around 9.45 ish) so you might get the email before the letter, depending on how early post is distributed where you live

ReputationRep:
    Popping in to say good luck to you all!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    It's a pleasure to help, plus tonight it's taken my mind off how terrible Liverpool have been against Southampton in the football!
    There's always the second leg! Will be a cracking match against Man Utd this weekend

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycatonne23)
    Hi all,

Best of luck tomorrow. Anybody successful last year able to give rough estimation of what time we will be notified? Also, does St.Catz email offers too (email they sent previously suggests they send letters for offers only)?

Thanks
    Good luck for tomorrow! Applied for maths at Catz so I got the same email but I'm pretty sure it meant we get an email AND a letter with an offer, and just an email for a rejection. If we get pooled I think we just get something from the college giving us an offer but don't quote me on that

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    Newnham email (I got one around 9.45 ish) so you might get the email before the letter, depending on how early post is distributed where you live
    Does Newnham emails UK applicants?
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Hahaha! :lol: do you support liverpool?

ReputationRep:
    So Liverpool's demise has one positive effect then.

ReputationRep:
    :lfc::lfc::lfc:
    Normally my dad would hate me interrupting football, but he paused the game to help me with maths...it must've been really bad

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xiuchen)
    OMG so true! Once at Nat Schools, our race was canceled because of the wind (We traveled all the way there and stayed the night before just to do nothing) and the thing is that my crew had beaten eveyone who was racing there anyway >.<
    I'm guessing you were part of the Henley crews that thrashed everybody

Apparently NWSC was going to be a runway originally but it was decided to be too windy for that... So they made it a rowing course :confused:

(Original post by HolyRomanEmpire)
    You do know where I mean! Small world, eh?
    Haha, yeah the rowing world is quite small! It's going to be weird going to Cambridge if I get in because there'll be so many more rowers :eek:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justabitwearden)
    Good luck for tomorrow! Applied for maths at Catz so I got the same email but I'm pretty sure it meant we get an email AND a letter with an offer, and just an email for a rejection. If we get pooled I think we just get something from the college giving us an offer but don't quote me on that
    Hmm thanks. Can I ask what time you got the email?
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by metrize)
    There's always the second leg! Will be a cracking match against Man Utd this weekend
    I know, I'm going to the second leg! Don't talk about Man Utd, am dreading it!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    :lfc::lfc::lfc:
    Normally my dad would hate me interrupting football, but he paused the game to help me with maths...it must've been really bad
    Ha! It was, worst game all season! Well done Southampton though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycatonne23)
    Hmm thanks. Can I ask what time you got the email?
    Sorry I'm not sure I understand :/ I got an email like a month ago saying that we'd get letters posted today and an email sent tomorrow but I've got no idea when it'll be sent tomorrow, hopefully morning though if we're lucky!
    •  Official Rep

ReputationRep:
     Official Rep
    (Original post by SteamboatMickey)
    Hahaha! :lol: do you support liverpool?
    Yep!

Night all!
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Community Assistant
    Yep!

Night all!
    Goodnight!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justabitwearden)
    Sorry I'm not sure I understand :/ I got an email like a month ago saying that we'd get letters posted today and an email sent tomorrow but I've got no idea when it'll be sent tomorrow, hopefully morning though if we're lucky!
    OHH my bad, I misread. Sleep deprivation+nerves are warping my mind.

ReputationRep:
    Good luck for tomorrow EVERYBODY!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Serine Soul)
    oh my God I'd resigned myself to not knowing until I got home (post comes at midday) - now I'm going to constantly be checking my email! noooooooo

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Would you like to hibernate through the winter months?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.