Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    If the bike racks there are anything like those at my school everybody will hate you. They are pretty handy though :b
    At my interview, I saw 90% of bikes on bike-racks had baskets - they're useful

ReputationRep:
    I knew I wouldn't get an offer after my interview but there's still this little part of me which has hope. It's just going to make it worse when the inevitable happens.

(Original post by haien910)
    Does Newnham emails UK applicants?
    Yeah
    Might not be the case this year though, I forgot to add

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Abstract_Prism)
    Come on Pringlehouse gimme an offer
    are you a Peterhouse applicant?
    (omfg Pringlehouse i love it. if/when they reject me im going to solely refer to them like that)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    At my interview, I saw 90% of bikes on bike-racks had baskets - they're useful
    They are, but at my school our bike racks are similar to these:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  bikerack.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  524.4 KB

A basket takes up three spaces haha
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    Naeco YOUR DRAWING GOT POSTED ON MEMEBRIDGE!!!!!!!!!

Take this. You've earned it.
    Attachment 610862
    GET IN!!!!!

That's the best news all day - congrats Naeco

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=Obiejess;69518448]I'm screwed if I get pooled to Homerton/Girton because I don't know how to ride a bike.

Neither do most of those cycling in Cambridge, they are all rubbish. The good news is that it is easy down the hill from Girton in the morning.

ReputationRep:
    They are, but at my school our bike racks are similar to these:
    Spoiler:
    Show

Name:  bikerack.jpg
Views: 41
Size:  524.4 KB

A basket takes up three spaces haha
    We don't have bike racks at my school because it's at the top of a hill and 50% of the students don't live in the town

Someone will have to deal with not having a space so that I can have my aesthetic bike...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    GET IN!!!!!

That's the best news all day - congrats Naeco
    hahaha Thank you!! so happy with tear bursting now!!!
    No matter what comes tomorrow, at least I got into memebridge!!!

ReputationRep:
    Any humanities applicants here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ruthie2267)
    You know, looking at your pp, I could have guessed that 😂 History! Hope it's good news for you tomorrow from Newnham! I might try and delete my emails from my phone, that way I won't be tempted to access them 😂
    haha Jane Austen is my bae; Jane is also my middle name, after her Oh fab! Don't think I would have met you at the interviews then, History wasn't on the same day as English, I'm pretty sure. Hmm, that's a good idea, but I don't think I'd be able to go through with it!
    Looks like I'm going to start ugly crying in class if I get an offer, or suddenly and silently sinking into a pit of misery when I read the rejection...
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    Section Leader
    Clearing and Applications Advisor
    (Original post by Naeco)
    hahaha Thank you!! so happy with tear bursting now!!!
    No matter what comes tomorrow, at least I got into memebridge!!!
    Did you send the Christ's great gate one?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rachel58)
    We don't have bike racks at my school because it's at the top of a hill and 50% of the students don't live in the town

Someone will have to deal with not having a space so that I can have my aesthetic bike...
    Haha, that's quite different from my school, over 2000 students and maybe about ten people don't go by bike :lol:

ReputationRep:
    Good luck everyone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ReputationRep:
    That one isn't self-deprecating so it might not hit the target audience though

ReputationRep:
    Haha, that's quite different from my school, over 2000 students and maybe about ten people don't go by bike :lol:
    Our school has more like 1000-1500 students but its a grammar school with a large catchment area so unless you want to ride a bike 5+ miles...

ReputationRep:
    No.. Actually I should send it now!!!
    And I'm now also drawing another big piece so hopefully I can get it finished by tomorrow!!!!

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys.

I've been a bit of a lurker on this thread I'm afraid but have been here since day one, and you all seem like great people whom I would really love to get to know!

I wish all of you the best of luck, and remember a rejection does not mean you are unworthy/not as good as offer holders. (I'm trying to remember this myself ) Anyway, whatever uni you end up at will be lucky to have you.

So good night and try and get some sleep! I reckon that high emotions, no sleep (and too much vodka ) will not create a good result!

Anyway, rant over! Much love and good luck X
    :cheers:

ReputationRep:
    Who else is planning to get absolutely smashed either way?

ReputationRep:
    I'm watching Cambridge rejection videos on YouTube (because I've lost control of my life) and there's this one by a French girl who starts ranting about the town and I love it😂 "the houses were small! there were no fish and chip shops!"

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Brussels sprouts
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.