The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Anyone else gonna attempt meditating tomorrow morning against the nerves? :tongue:
Original post by _thomasholmes
Everyone is invited :wink: after the trauma of D-day I think i'll just need to drink my pain away......

Amen to that!
Reply 2322
Original post by daniilS
1484175675748.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbb
Original post by LouisTheCabbage
Can you tell that I applied to Robinson? xD

Ooh me too! For what subject??
Reply 2324
Original post by daniilS
Anyone else gonna attempt meditating tomorrow morning against the nerves? :tongue:

I'm planning to stay up today by watching films playing games and sleep at 7am in the morning, wake up at 1 pm so I can get my email straight away!!!! That is a perfect plan !!!(I thought)
If got rejected I'll continue to sleep for eternity
So are you guys not going in to school tomorrow? Are you gonna be checking your emails at school? Will someone bring your letter up to you?
Original post by Iloveowls16
Ooh me too! For what subject??

:smile: Natural Sciences (Physical). What about you?
Original post by Naeco
I'm planning to stay up today by watching films playing games and sleep at 7am in the morning, wake up at 1 pm so I can get my email straight away!!!! That is a perfect plan !!!(I thought)
If got rejected I'll continue to sleep for eternity

Wait you were serious
Count your exam-less self lucky :wink:
Original post by jamestg
Going to bed now. Probs won't be posting here until the inevitable rejection.

I hope as many of you as possible get an offer at this amazing place!

Basically me rn
Reply 2329
Original post by daniilS
Wait you were serious
Count your exam-less self lucky :wink:

:colondollar:hahahaha
Original post by AnIndianGuy
Basically me rn

Good luck for tomorrow.

I just feel so sad that the dream is officially going to be over :frown:
Original post by lemonlime98
I feel like they timed this now on purpose...
You_Doodle_2017-01-11T16_10_52Z.jpg

I got this too!!! I thought EXACTLY the same thing!
What a lovely post!! I've been reading these threads with interest as my son has been interviewed for economics at Downing. I think I'm more anxious/nervous than he is. Good luck to your son and everyone else for tomorrow 👍😄
I'm sure it was a Saturday when my letter came, would have been a different prospect had it been a school day.

And whilst I definitely had a TSR account I don't remember using these Cambridge threads until after my offer (possibly after my A-level results even). I think I was in a better state of mind because of it, ngl.

Also, don't want to scare you but bear in mind that for most subjects they interview about 80% of applicants (IIRC) and the majority of offer-holders meet their offers. This is the big sorting time.
OH MY GOD THE CRINGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZjDJTF6F0

'I am too much of an enigma for them.'
Original post by BrugensisMum
Take this from a foreign mum, non-native English speaker, who 30 years ago spent a year in Cambridge as a foreign student converting her American accent into a British one, who came to live in the UK 12 years ago & whose youngest son will be waiting for that email/letter just like you: "Whatever the outcome, you should be proud of yourselves for having come this far; for holding offers from very good universities. Accept that all happens for a reason for wherever you go, you will meet friends for life, work hard, play hard, live the most wonderful & selfish years of your lives without mortgages, children, employers, ... - years which will never come back. Enjoy & make the most of it!

Sorry, my post should have included this quote!
I feel like I'm about to get executed or something
Original post by Ruthie2267
tbh i feel like i'm going to be ok either way. like it'd be fab to get an offer, but i have an offer from durham which i really liked when I went to see it so idk. i mean i'll probably be disappointed anyway but at least that softens the blow :biggrin: (also there's a tiny part of me that'd be quite relieved not getting an offer because it's the part of me that thinks i woudln't be able to cope w/ cambridge XD)

i feel exactly the same!! congrats on your durham offer and good luck tomorrow xx
Original post by Abstract_Prism
OH MY GOD THE CRINGE https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2MZjDJTF6F0

'I am too much of an enigma for them.'

I legitimately cannot tell if this is serious or not but the letter opening isn't the best first impression in a video.
Original post by jneill
There's no lectures until next Thursday but many students (including my son and his friends) go back early. Because: Cambridge....

Out of interest how much work has he had to do over the last month? Just about getting my head around the fact that a holiday isn't really a holiday! Aargh!😜

Latest

Trending

Trending