Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! Coming over here from the "other" half of Oxbridge
    Just wanted to wish you all good luck over the next couple of days xx

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rhduddlf)
    Yea, we will hear back from Cambridge via email at some time today (12th). No specific time was mentioned.
    Great, thank you! I should get back to slaughtering the refresh button then.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wolfmoon88)
    Srsly? You ok?

Posted from TSR Mobile
    I'm good, this is not the first time I stay up anyway...

ReputationRep:
    :hugs:

:rofl: tbh American counselors are not the best at UK applications :/

Agreed (however since most of my applications are free so that is not saying much ) Ik, my parents told me that no matter the result, they were already really happy that I got this far still feels bad though

, Agreed, we will all end up somewhere where we will all be (hopefully) happy and successful
    Lucky you that's good! I think my parents will tell me the same thing But I agree, I'll still have that pang of guilt - but whenever I have an interview in the future I can at least assure myself it can't get much worse than Oxbridge :rofl:

"It's easy to begin and hard to end
    I'm just glad to go through it all with you as friends

I can see the sunshine's rays
    Gleaming through the clear waters
    Telling me you gotta hop in for this chapter's ride
    There will always be better days,
    There will always be better days"

-Library Magic by Head and the Heart, my favorite song

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livrailton)
    Hey guys! Coming over here from the "other" half of Oxbridge
    Just wanted to wish you all good luck over the next couple of days xx
    Thank you! And congratulations on your offer

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by rissanicole14)
    Thank you! And congratulations on your offer
    No problem, and thank you :hugs:!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by livrailton)
    No problem, and thank you :hugs:!
    You're welcome!:hugs:

ReputationRep:
    Went to bed at 12:30, couldn't sleep so got up and went for a half hour run. Then when I got back I went to sleep for 2 hours before waking up at the moment when I open my letter. I am such a bad sleeper! Before my actual interview in Cambridge I couldn't get to sleep until 4:30 and had to run around streets that I didn't know to try and prepare for sleep!

Good luck to all today ☺
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

Lucky you that's good! I think my parents will tell me the same thing But I agree, I'll still have that pang of guilt - but whenever I have an interview in the future I can at least assure myself it can't get much worse than Oxbridge :rofl:

"It's easy to begin and hard to end
    I'm just glad to go through it all with you as friends

I can see the sunshine's rays
    Gleaming through the clear waters
    Telling me you gotta hop in for this chapter's ride
    There will always be better days,
    There will always be better days"

-Library Magic by Head and the Heart, my favorite song
    Funny thing is, I might go through this process again next year if I decide to reapply :rofl: Yep the interviews will definitely not be worse than undergrad Oxbridge interviews, unless they are Oxbridge postgrad interviews :rofl:

I hope you'll still stick around, regardless of the result (After all, you are applying to other UK unis right? )

Thank you for sharing that song with us!

There will def be better days ahead. After all "we will all end up somewhere, somehow"- Put your records on, Corinne Bailey Rae

ReputationRep:
    Successfully(painfully) stayed up for the whole night!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I did it!!!!!!!
    But there isn't any point
    Rejection is still rejection

ReputationRep:
    Funny thing is, I might go through this process again next year if I decide to reapply :rofl: Yep the interviews will definitely not be worse than undergrad Oxbridge interviews, unless they are Oxbridge postgrad interviews :rofl:

I hope you'll still stick around, regardless of the result (After all, you are applying to other UK unis right? )

Thank you for sharing that song with us!

There will def be better days ahead. After all "we will all end up somewhere, somehow"- Put your records on, Corinne Bailey Rae
    You will definitely be an expert if you do (do you think you might come over to the Light side? ) Are postgrad interviews worse? Oh god...I don't think I'd reapply for undergrad, but I would consider postgrad at Cam.

I'll definitely stick around; even if I weren't applying to any other UK unis (which yes, I am )

No problem, I was listening to it and realized how fitting it really was. I agree with Corinne Bailey Rae (added it to my playlist too)

Are you feeling better? I forgot that it's already 1 pm over there.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    I did it!!!!!!!
    I can't believe you stayed up the whole night! About to follow in your footsteps though

It's true that we can't change the result of our decisions, but I really have hope in you! Cambridge would be far less superior without your awesome art and poetry
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

You will definitely be an expert if you do (do you think you might come over to the Light side? ) Are postgrad interviews worse? Oh god...I don't think I'd reapply for undergrad, but I would consider postgrad at Cam.

I'll definitely stick around; even if I weren't applying to any other UK unis (which yes, I am )

No problem, I was listening to it and realized how fitting it really was. I agree with Corinne Bailey Rae (added it to my playlist too)

Are you feeling better? I forgot that it's already 1 pm over there.
    Perhaps, being on the Oxford website honestly makes me feel sad, so if I get the grades definitely will consider joining the light side (notice I'm calling it the light side now :rofl: Idk if post grad interviews are worst, just making assumptions based on undergrad interviews

Yay , gotta tell me what your choices are soon then!

Hahaha I heard it for the first time on Tuesday and realised how fitting it was to describe the application process as a whole.

Honestly, yes I am, last night I didn't do any work, and was pretty much just numb. Today I was more productive, which is good because I had oral commentary practice when I needed my brain to function :rofl:
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Naeco)
    I did it!!!!!!!
    I am sure you'll be fine

Be confident in yourself, because no news is good news!

I pretty much stayed up the whole night as well, and probably will stay up tonight too

ReputationRep:
    Can't sleep! This is painful you guys! 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    Any other King's applicants?
    I applied for Chem Eng and had my interview on the 7th- went downhill rapidly when they started asking me Chemistry stuff and I forgot how to function 😋
    If Kings really does email at exactly 9 am, that'll be about 11 am for me, so I'll be in school and subjecting everyone to my moaning
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by cosplayqueen)
    Can't sleep! This is painful you guys! 😂😂😂

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Relax , I am sure it will be fine

I sympathise with ya'll, the night is the toughest, or morning/ afternoon of waiting for Asian and US applicants.

Be confident in yourselves because you already made it to this stage!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by Infested)
    9am in the UK is 5pm where I am... Wish I had the luxury of sleeping past the wait.
    I wish I had that luxury too... being awake while waiting is the toughest!
    • Community Assistant
    • Political Ambassador

(Original post by intrepid)
    Any other King's applicants?
    I applied for Chem Eng and had my interview on the 7th- went downhill rapidly when they started asking me Chemistry stuff and I forgot how to function 😋
    If Kings really does email at exactly 9 am, that'll be about 11 am for me, so I'll be in school and subjecting everyone to my moaning
    rissanicole14 is a Kings applicant

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps, being on the Oxford website honestly makes me feel sad, so if I get the grades definitely will consider joining the light side (notice I'm calling it the light side now :rofl: Idk if post grad interviews are worst, just making assumptions based on undergrad interviews

Yay , gotta tell me what your choices are soon then!

Hahaha I heard it for the first time on Tuesday and realised how fitting it was to describe the application process as a whole.

Honestly, yes I am, last night I didn't do any work, and was pretty much just numb. Today I was more productive, which is good because I had oral commentary practice when I needed my brain to function :rofl:
    Understandably but yay!!! It's the true light side And oh okay, that's relieving. But yeah I'm sure they're as bad, if not worse than undergrad interviews :rofl:

I'll update you once I finally edit my UCAS, which will probably be tomorrow

I'm relieved to hear you're feeling a bit better :hugs: I think your brain really enjoyed that break, I'm glad it came in clutch today! (I hope that's a phrase other people use lol) I don't think I'd want to do anything either I asked my friend to go see La La Land with me tomorrow night to get my mind off things.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.