The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by PQ
:rofl:

To be fair my work email ONLY has 123 unread :flute:

There's a thing in Germany where employees are told to delete all work emails received during vacations. I wholeheartedly support this :smile:
Damn it where is St Catz at, no letter or email.
Anyone heard from Queens yet??? Or k ow whether rejections are done by email? (Applied for maths but dont have much hope - flopped one of the interviews)
Original post by hotshot2102
Course: Education
Result: Rejected, I really thought I had this one in the bag. I got asked a question about teaching a retarded kid and really answered to the best of my ability. I guess I'm the retarded one. :frown:

Sorry to hear about the rejection. :frown:
A*A*A from Queens for Bio Natsci. I think I might be sick.
Still nothing from John's?? Has anyone heard back from John's yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by boombayah
I got an HSPS offer, Thank God YAYYYY. But is it just for me that the fees are £24,708(intl)... I applied with the impression that it was ~£17,000 as stated on the website...

That's probably including the College Fee.

And, yeah, ouch...
Original post by cranbrook_aspie
Right, time to delurk from this! Got an A*A*A offer from King's for history today, and I know I haven't taken the plunge and posted in this thread (not brave enough:tongue:) but I've been avidly following all 3 incarnations and I just wanted to say thank you so much (and congrats/commiserations as the case may be) to everyone here - sometimes it has felt like Cambridge has been pushing with all its strength to stop me getting in, and it's really helped me knowing that there are other people going through this stressful process:smile:

PS especially if you've been rejected today, don't give up!! See this as a practice run and learn from it - everyone in this thread is so capable of achieving the dream, even if it's not going to be in the year you planned for it to be in:smile:

Congrats! :smile:
Original post by jneill
No there's quite a few colleges not emailing UK candidates.

Really? I thought it was just Caius and Selwyn... don't know where I read that lol, sorry!
Original post by jneill
There's a thing in Germany where employees are told to delete all work emails received during vacations. I wholeheartedly support this :smile:

Are you employed by TSR?
Original post by Sycatonne23
Damn it where is St Catz at, no letter or email.

Do you happen to have a surname near the end of the alphabet? Starting to think they're just doing this alphabetically...
Original post by fablereader
Congrats! :smile:

Original post by rayofsunshine98
A*A*A from Queens for Bio Natsci. I think I might be sick.

Congratulations!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mob
Original post by boombayah

Sorry lack of explanation.
What I meant by 'international fees' is the international tuition fees + college fees.
Doesn't the figure they gave you in email include their college fees?
Original post by w19
Bio natsci, about an hour ago - good luck to you!

Sorry to hear that.
Original post by vincrows
WHich website?
The international fees has never been that low for many years....

HSPS is 16,608 (but plus College Fees).
http://www.undergraduate.study.cam.ac.uk/international-students/fees#tuition
Original post by Justabitwearden
Do you happen to have a surname near the end of the alphabet? Starting to think they're just doing this alphabetically...

my surname is M so perhaps

I asked this question to the Murray Edwards Admission, and they said, 'sometimes it can be on the day, and it depends on when they are holding their interviews and when it finishes'. But to be fair, my interview is on the 14th so idk.. ?
Reply 3118
Just to confirm: ALL int'l applicants will hear via email by today, right? I mean, no college is mean enough to make int'l applicants wait for snail mail, right?
Can Emmanuel hurry up and email please :frown: x

Latest