Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Thankyou!!!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by nchung)
    Just to confirm: ALL int'l applicants will hear via email by today, right? I mean, no college is mean enough to make int'l applicants wait for snail mail, right?
    Correct.

BUT it's a manual process (usually) so some *might* slip through the net.

It's early days yet though so be patient, I know it's difficult

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Infested)
    One over here too
    Hey there! Hope you hear good news today

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by scarletttao)
    Offer from Girton for Geography!!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
    Is that really something you can be proud about.

Jokes aside, unlucky.

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard from Magdalene? International applicant here and waiting for email

ReputationRep:
    That's amazing well done! I'm waiting to hear from Queens' for Linguistics and I'm tearing my hair out! You're the first person I've seen from Queens' to have an offer, did you get it in an email or through the post? Congratulations again!

ReputationRep:
    Apparently my letter from Pembroke has arrived! Now just three hours until I can go home and open it...
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    Can it be next week already I want to just find out my fate now

ReputationRep:
    The most annoying thing about being rejected is not the rejection itself. It's the fact that everyone suddenly becomes super condescending to you.
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Fortox)
    The most annoying thing about being rejected is not the rejection itself. It's the fact that everyone suddenly becomes super condescending to you.
    Agreed! Haven't been rejected (yet) but I know the feeling.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by NeverLucky)
    Yeah things like that are truly unique and when you look back you won't ever regret taking a gap year. It's probably the only year when you won't have any exams to do between GCSEs, A-Levels and then university exams.
    Considering gap year now, what did you do on yours? Did you study a lot?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    Yes, that's right. Congratulations! What will happen is that if you meet the terms of your offer you'll be placed in the Summer Pool and any college can make you an offer. if no colleges have spaces in the summer pool in your subject then you will be made an offer by the underwriting college. You will hear from your underwriting college shortly and they will treat you as their applicant from now until August.
    sorry for the incessant questions but do you know if I'm likely to get an email/letter today from my underwritten college?

ReputationRep:
    St. John's anyone?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Justabitwearden)
    Well my surname is a W so I think I might just go back to sleep now...
    HAHAh dw my surnames W too, i've heard from them already

ReputationRep:
    I applied to St John's for engineering. Postman came but no letter...told parent I have been rejected only to realise they don't send letters (yay - I can hope a little bit longer & play music in anticipation!).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jaz.deans)
    St. John's anyone?

Nothing yet. Still waiting.

ReputationRep:
    Rejected unfortunately, oh well. Downing Engineering.

At least the prospects are great for pretty much any of the top univerisities for engineering so I won't be missing out on too much

ReputationRep:
    I'm guessing that I haven't been pooled as John's are the only college not sending a letter if I'm not mistaken?
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by glimmers)
    sorry for the incessant questions but do you know if I'm likely to get an email/letter today from my underwritten college?
    It will be today or tomorrow I'd expect. What's your subject?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheOverHoper)
    CONGRATULATIONS!!! I'm waiting to hear from Queens for maths and your the first person I've heard to get their decision from Queens. Was it email or letter?
    (Original post by JenniferSaunders)
    That's amazing well done! I'm waiting to hear from Queens' for Linguistics and I'm tearing my hair out! You're the first person I've seen from Queens' to have an offer, did you get it in an email or through the post? Congratulations again!

Letter!

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Will you be richer or poorer than your parents?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.