Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Rejected from CompSci at Jesus. Definitely not surprised, just slightly disappointed. Huge congrats to everyone receiving offers!! Edinburgh here I come

ReputationRep:
    Can someone alert this thread when St. John's start sending out emails??? Thank you x
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Rejected

was inevitable.

Looking back on it, to come this far, I'm pretty chuffed.

If you said three years ago to me that I would have had an interview at Cambridge, I would've laughed in your face and told you to do one.

But since mid-Y11 I've been motivated by this wonderful place, while I didn't succeed as hoped at GCSE - at A-level I have. Even though I've been rejected, I'm still going to a great uni.

Thank you to jneill Peterhouse Admissions Murray Edwards Admissions and everyone else here.

I've aimed for the moon and landed among the stars...
    Sorry to hear it but it's a great attitude you've got and will take you far!
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Larigroo)
    The fact that no St John's applicant has received a letter indicates they just send emails (or second class post).
    It just indicates they haven't arrived yet. Using Second Class post is very unlikely (but a college did send rejections by 2nd Class in a previous year... not a popular move...)

ReputationRep:
    jneill how do you request feedback? (to yourself not the referee)

ReputationRep:
    Any home applicants applying for Trinity received email? I haven't heard anything.

Posted from TSR Mobile
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jamestg)
    Rejected

was inevitable.

Looking back on it, to come this far, I'm pretty chuffed.

If you said three years ago to me that I would have had an interview at Cambridge, I would've laughed in your face and told you to do one.

But since mid-Y11 I've been motivated by this wonderful place, while I didn't succeed as hoped at GCSE - at A-level I have. Even though I've been rejected, I'm still going to a great uni.

Thank you to jneill Peterhouse Admissions Murray Edwards Admissions and everyone else here.

I've aimed for the moon and landed among the stars...
    Gutted for you

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Newnham!!!!!!!! I was pooled by Clare for Linguistics and obviously got fished out!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon... but does anyone knowant what Newnham's like...?

ReputationRep:
    Has anyone heard anything from Emmanuel college? Do they send out rejections first and offers later?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    What the hell? that's so annoying, are you not gonna get an email soon?
    Never mind, I love the Royal Mail again, I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!! Selwyn I bloody love you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Andrea7187)
    Rejected for law from Downing got pooled but nobody picked me so...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Virtual hug. :console:Stay Strong.

ReputationRep:
    Still heard nothing from Catz yet...

Surely its getting too late for the post to arrive now?

ReputationRep:
    Genuinely starting to wonder if the postman just forgot my house

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Caius for Phys NatSci! I'm overjoyed!!

[SIZE=1][URL=http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/app]Posted from TSR Mob

ReputationRep:
    Offer from Selwyn for history
    • Community Assistant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sirious)
    Offer from Selwyn for history
    Woooo!!!!
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by metrize)
    jneill how do you request feedback? (to yourself not the referee)
    metrize email your college and ask that feedback be sent directly to you.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jpxw)
    Ahh okay. I'm waiting to hear from Caius too. Good luck!
    Caius sent 2nd class last year - so it might arrive tomorrow....just saying....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by liziepie)
    Never mind, I love the Royal Mail again, I GOT AN OFFER!!!!!!!!!!! Selwyn I bloody love you
    ayy seems like us bios have done pretty well

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by vincrows)
    Didn't anybody (John's applicant) say they're only sending emails, no letter, this year?
    I was surprised to hear that, so I remember asking op if they were sure. They said it was stated on their website...
    Yeah I said that earlier when there was an update on the applicant website to say that we would find out by email. I wasn't sure if we would get both or just an email though and it looks like no-one who applied to john's has got a letter.

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.