Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    Can students go through adjustment for Cambridge on results day?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by daniilS)
    Naeco just read your post, I'm really sorry to hear that. If we won't see you back on here, then I want to thank you again for all those drawings and memes that helped us through the waiting. I have faith that you'll be amazing no matter what, where and when you'll be studying, and wish you all the best of luck.
    I'll miss giving you rep
    Thank you
    I'll keep going and I'll re-apply

ReputationRep:
    Omg omg omg. Got an offer from Robinson in the mail for hsps. A*AA

ReputationRep:
    I got rejected for Natsci. What grades do the rest of you all have and what college? I'm gonna reapply next year so I'm trying to decide which college I should pick

ReputationRep:
    [QUOTE=vincrows;69528112]
    (Original post by OutThere!)
    Attachment 610946

Put the kettle on....

That's a lot of cups of tea until 4.30! Will have to watch a film and distract myself. I'm pretty sure they're not feeling as nervous as I am.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blue2337)
    Offer from Newnham!!!!!!!! I was pooled by Clare for Linguistics and obviously got fished out!!!!!!!! I'm over the moon... but does anyone knowant what Newnham's like...?
    My daughter is there and loves it. The gardens are beautiful! Congratulations!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by domaths)
    Wouldn't admissions tutors send out offers/rejections by subject or all offers then rejections? I find it weird that I haven't been emailed about Economics if someone else has over an hour ago?
    Depends on college/AT and can change every year.
    No fixed rule.

ReputationRep:
    Lurker here!
    I got an offer for English at Churchill yayy!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History543)
    Cambridge doesn't take part in adjustment.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by History543)
    No. Oxbridge and Imperial don't do Adjustment

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OutThere!)

That's a lot of cups of tea until 4.30! Will have to watch a film and distract myself. I'm pretty sure they're not feeling as nervous as I am.
    Wasn't for cups of tea.......
    kettles have other use.

Jk.
    We had to wait 3 days for the letter to arrive for our daughter because Cambridge Royal Mail depot had a huge technical problem on the day letters were posted. (In 2011)
    My daughter was the last one t her school to receive the letter eventually. When it came at last, I texted her if she wanted me to open it. She said yes, but said she knew the result already as her teacher had told her, by mistake. Apparently schools go the result for the university a few days before the students, but they keep quite about it.
    • Official TSR Representative

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Is that means applicant's school request the college to send feedback and then the applicants email their college ask the feedback be sent directly to applicant?
    feedback can ony be requested with the permission of the candidate but that permission can be conveyed through schools. it's usual for feedback to be sent to the referee unless the candidate asks otherwise.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Is that means applicant's school request the college to send feedback and then the applicants email their college ask the feedback be sent directly to applicant?
    No it's just that usually the feedback (when requested) is sent to your UCAS Referee. If you want it to be sent direct to you you need to tell your college.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by joemfm)
    Omg omg omg. Got an offer from Robinson in the mail for hsps. A*AA
    Was it a thick or thin envelope?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Murray Edwards Admissions)
    feedback can ony be requested with the permission of the candidate but that permission can be conveyed through schools. it's usual for feedback to be sent to the referee unless the candidate asks otherwise.
    Thank you

ReputationRep:
    !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Not yet, they'll make decision in March (guess another rejection for me
    Maybe, maybe not
    But, just to be clear, if it's an offer you should take it. If it's not then, sure, re-apply to Cambridge, a bit old and wiser

ReputationRep:
    So Royal Mail aim to deliver by 3PM in urban areas but it's raining in London. I'm practically in the dark, no email or letter.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    No it's just that usually the feedback (when requested) is sent to your UCAS Referee. If you want it to be sent direct to you you need to tell your college.
    Thank you, is it ok that I request the feedback now?

ReputationRep:
    How thick is acceptance (or rejection) letter from Christ's? And does it come in a plain c4 sized envelope? DD too scared to open email

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    What newspaper do you read/prefer?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.