Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by k.russell)
    Didn't you say you were 16?
    Yes, I skipped Y12 and applied a year early

ReputationRep:
    Daughter got an offer via email from Homerton around 9.40 this morning (for Ed/Psychology)!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by lmarrable)
    Guys my post has come but I didn't get a letter??? I thought all letters were supposed to be received today? is this normal
    What college? I'm a Robinson applicant and i'm the same.
    • Section Leader
    • Clearing and Applications Advisor

ReputationRep:
    is this normal
    Entirely. If you are getting a letter it should come tomorrow.
    (Royal Mail doesn't guarantee next day delivery for First Class Post.)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sycatonne23)
    So Royal Mail aim to deliver by 3PM in urban areas but it's raining in London. I'm practically in the dark, no email or letter.
    Me too! It's killing me. I keep checking the door every half hour. Today's post hasn't even arrived yet
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    Ah, I'd forgotten that. That's even tougher for medics then. Definitely re-apply.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Naeco)
    well then I would be very proud of getting this far, a medical degree isn't a light undertaking, especially at Cambridge and I'm sure you'll do better next year when you're more mature and better prepared for the process sorry it didn't work out this time but I am v confident you will get in next year if you work hard.
    If you could see me at 16, you would probably be shocked that I managed to pass my A levels lol

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    What did you tell Cambridge you're doing on your gap year? I heard they don't like it if you don't do a lot of work during your gap. Also did you say you're doing further maths? Or did they ask you to take it yourself? Are you physical?
    I told them I was doing FM and had a job for the year (yay retail). Yeah I'm a Phys NatSci. Doing chemistry now.

FP1, FP2, S1, S2, S3 and D1. I guess it all depends on how well I do on stats cos I haven't really done any before, finding it ok atm tho. Did you A* it in the end?
    That sounds easy enough. Getting close to 400/400 on FP1, S1, S2 and D1 should be easy enough if you practice. Then it's just about 80 for the other two.

Nah I ****ed up M3.

ReputationRep:
    Been lurking in these forums for awhile without posting, but I'm over the moon right now with my offer to be a trinmo (Maths at Trinity college)!

ReputationRep:
    Offer at St Catz for History just made its way through the post!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Student1256)
    What did you tell Cambridge you're doing on your gap year? I heard they don't like it if you don't do a lot of work during your gap. Also did you say you're doing further maths? Or did they ask you to take it yourself? Are you physical?
    I've just received an offer for Physical NatSci on my gap year. I applied for CompSci last year and was rejected, so you could say I'm sort of half-reapplying?

I got 4 A*s (Maths, FM, Physics, Chemistry) in my A-levels in the summer with no re-takes at all so I'm not really doing much academic work this year and I'm not planning on taking any exams this year. My personal statement has about three lines (if that) dedicated to my gap year plans, so I don't think they care too much about that as long as you haven't forgotten everything at interview. As for what I'm actually doing, well, I work in retail, do quite a bit of volunteering and am going to start doing some maths tutoring (A2 and GCSE) next week.
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by georgia221)
    Hey guys, have been lurking on this thread for a while but was too shy to post! Just got an offer from Hughes Hall (fished from the pool) to do English - which I'm really happy about!! But worried as it's a mature college if there'll be anyone else my age? (I'm turning 21 in September) If anyone knows much about the college any info will be appreciated!
    Thanks ! <3 <3
    Congrats! Most undergrads at the mature colleges are 21.

ReputationRep:
    Got an offer for Land Economy at Girton (I know, I'm a living meme)

My offer is unconditional because I have already completed my A-levels (Economics A*, Geography A*, Maths A)

I'm so happy rn!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Ah, I'd forgotten that. That's even tougher for medics then. Definitely re-apply.
    I'LL BE BACK!!!!!!!!!

well then I would be very proud of getting this far, a medical degree isn't a light undertaking, especially at Cambridge and I'm sure you'll do better next year when you're more mature and better prepared for the process sorry it didn't work out this time but I am v confident you will get in next year if you work hard.
    If you could see me at 16, you would probably be shocked that I managed to pass my A levels lol
    Congratulation to your offer!!!! and than you!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alow)
    I told them I was doing FM and had a job for the year (yay retail). Yeah I'm a Phys NatSci. Doing chemistry now.

That sounds easy enough. Getting close to 400/400 on FP1, S1, S2 and D1 should be easy enough if you practice. Then it's just about 80 for the other two.

Nah I ****ed up M3.
    you're talking to the mechanics pro mate (75 ums average over m1/m2 :cool:)
    Yeah I agree, tbh I'd be hoping to get 80+ on FP2 and S3 as well but we'll see.
    Ty because you've answered a few of my questions on this thread and others, have a great term

ReputationRep:
    Still nothing from caius oh wells
    • Section Leader

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by make15)
    Got an offer for Land Economy at Girton (I know, I'm a living meme)

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by RotomGuy)
    What college? I'm a Robinson applicant and i'm the same.
    Ah really. Pembroke. Just wanna knowwww

ReputationRep:
    Ah really. Pembroke. Just wanna knowwww
    Same. Mother tells me mail has arrived but no letter. Wish they'd speed the emails up!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jneill)
    Entirely. If you are getting a letter it should come tomorrow.
    (Royal Mail doesn't guarantee next day delivery for First Class Post.)
    Ah okay thank you, just getting slightly impatient😂

• See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• Poll
    Did TEF Bronze Award affect your UCAS choices?
  • See more of what you like on The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

• The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Quick reply
    Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.