My username?? XD

Junior Common Room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
Kent for law?

Hiii :tongue: nice to meet you

I am the resident Oxford Applicant on a Cambridge thread :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah, I was pretty impressed with their clinic.

Ooh the other place, best of luck!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by wolfmoon88
I would just buy a new one :tongue:

Good good :biggrin:
Original post by rayofsunshine98
The post normally arrives at my house between 8am and 9am, so my dad is going to text me when the post arrives on 12th to tell me if there's anything that is addressed to me that looks like it's from Cambridge. I then am free (break time followed by a free lesson) from 10.50am until 12.10pm, so I'm going to walk home and read it. My dad did offer to walk over to school with it (I'm at a sixth form that's attached to a school rather than college) but a) I want space to stick concealer on to cover the inevitable red puffy eyes from crying (probably sad tears when I'm rejected, but possibly happy tears if the impossible happens) and b) one of my teachers didn't believe I had an interview until I showed her a print out of the letter they emailed me in November (and this was a teacher who believed I would get one, but being the first scientist to apply, she thought I was joking) but I don't want the original in school in case it gets crumpled, lost or stolen. So if it's a yes, I want to photocopy it at home and just take the copy in to show off with. I then have to make it back in time for my next lesson (which should be okay, I have 70 minutes and it only takes 25 to get home).

I'm trying to convince at least one of my friends to come home with me, but a lot of them are in lessons when I have my free that day.

I am slightly worried in case the post doesn't arrive though!

Posted from TSR Mobile

you sound like you've got it all planned out! you're braver than i am for wanting to open it in front of other people :biggrin:

Original post by daniilS
Also guys, here it is.....
The final issue of the previous thread's stats! You can see all: the bustling activity when the thread was still young, the pre-interview hype, the post-interview depression, the Christmas break, the New Year's wishes, last week's episode of Sherlock, the past few day's popularity, and whatever happened on Nov 28 :lol:
Would be nice to see an annotated version of it :b
day.png

p sure the huge amount of posts at the beginning was the result of that debate we had XD (the thread moved so fast back then yikes)
(edited 7 years ago)
Damn son a third one. Already at 17 pages? Damn you lots have too much time!
Original post by Rachel58
Wow, I've discovered something worse than just pizza.

:biggrin: i get the feeling you have a very sophisticated taste in food :wink:
Original post by domaths
I know of an irish uni that sent out the same acceptance letter to everyone who had applied - it said they had got in to engineering or something even if they hadn't applied for engineering

My friend got an email from Liverpool saying she got an offer to study Marine Sciences or something; she neither applied to Liverpool, or for Marine sciences :lol:
Also are there any Downing engineer applicants here? There were 2 or 3 but they were new accounts who just disappeared after posting 1 or 2 times :/
Original post by jneill
Junior Common Room

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hahaha!!
Not quite :wink:
They're kind of my initials kind of?
Original post by Ruthie2267

the question is, who has ketchup with their pizza like i do? i have a friend who never ever eats pizza with ketchup idek... (saying that though i actually don't like pizza that much maybe that's why i try and eat it with loads of sauce :biggrin: )

Ruth we can't be friends anymore
:biggrin: i get the feeling you have a very sophisticated taste in food :wink:

I wouldn't say that...I just don't like the common types of food? So I don't like pizzas, burgers, steaks, or anything like that. People think I'm fussy but I eat more types of food than most people :tongue:
Pizza is the combination of some of the worst ingredients ever, in the most disgusting form ever and it's DIFFICULT TO EAT!!!

With mascarpone = heaven.

Worst ingredients ever?! Difficult to eat?!
But tomato, cheese and pizza dough are delicious and the pizza slice shape is so convenient and versatile!! You can roll your slice, fold it in half or eat it normally...

I'm a big fan of pizza :lol:
Original post by FrenchNerd2
Ruth we can't be friends anymore

You see this begs the question... were we ever truly friends? 👀👀👀 (i kid don't do this to me Alfie it'd make the linguistics road trip rly awkward 😭)

I wouldn't say that...I just don't like the common types of food? So I don't like pizzas, burgers, steaks, or anything like that. People think I'm fussy but I eat more types of food than most people :tongue:

Ahhh fair enough - have to disagree about steak though :biggrin: what would you say your favourite food is?
Original post by Christie_xx
Worst ingredients ever?! Difficult to eat?!
But tomato, cheese and pizza dough are delicious and the pizza slice shape is so convenient and versatile!! You can roll your slice, fold it in half or eat it normally...

I'm a big fan of pizza :lol:

As soon as you try and eat it, all the toppings fall off and the cheese stretches and it's just so messy...
You see this begs the question... were we ever truly friends? 👀👀👀 (i kid don't do this to me Alfie it'd make the linguistics road trip rly awkward 😭)

Ketchup is gross - you couldn't pay me to eat it on stuff
UCL once sent me an email which was pitching me the chemistry department, how good and old it is and how they're happy to receive my application there. I applied for physics... (I thought they sent it as you can take some chemistry courses as some topics overlap with physics or something of the sort) They then followed it up with an email apologising for the error and how I've not applied to the chemistry department 😂😂😂😂

Ahhh fair enough - have to disagree about steak though :biggrin: what would you say your favourite food is?

Steak for me is waaaay too chewy, tasteless and I'd prefer my food to not bleed all over my plate :smile:

For meals...I love prawns...and I love pasta...dim sum is perfect and basically anything Japanese...Vietnamese food is also amazingggggggg. For dessert, I love profiteroles and literally, nothing comes close to my love for them.
Wbu?
Original post by Student1256
Yeah I noticed how everyone in England went to sleep so early!! You guys are so goody two shoes 😂 Most people in my school stay up till like 2 am on a daily basis. How do you resist the temptation of staying up, like sleep is so damn boring!

Oh my god, that is literally insane. How many hours of sleep do you usually get?? Which country are you from?

Sleep is my favourite thing ever :lol:
Original post by FrenchNerd2
Ketchup is gross - you couldn't pay me to eat it on stuff

Ketchup is amazing, just not with pizza.
you sound like you've got it all planned out! you're braver than i am for wanting to open it in front of other people :biggrin:

p sure the huge amount of posts at the beginning was the result of that debate we had XD (the thread moved so fast back then yikes)

The beginning was mostly everyone getting interview invites, and the 28th was the grammar schools debate xD

EDIT: and the 20th was the gender debate haha
(edited 7 years ago)

Latest

Trending

Trending